Goin' down the bayou..at Port Orleans Riverside! -April 2016 TR- Update:8/16

You have great taste! School Bread is my absolute favorite Disney snack :cloud9:
I'm glad your stomach settled down quick. I had the stomach bug on our trip last Nov. and it was NOT fun :sad2: Happy yours was just a momentary thing!

It's just great! Ugh that's the worst. I would have been miserable if I was sick! I hope it didn't ruin your trip!

I've drank water too fast before - it was not a pleasant feeling! Glad yours passed!

Lol I don't know why I did that, it wasn't the best idea:laughing:

Loved reading what you have written so far! Your Royal Room looks amazing!

Thank you!:)

Hey everyone! Sorry that I haven't been updating as much as I would have liked to. Classes for me in school end on May 26th, and then I have three days of finals and then I am finally done. After that, I can finally have time again to update more regularly. Also, this sunday, my friend Jill and I are going to see Disney: In Concert at a theater near us. I am so excited! If you guys are interested, I was thinking of doing a real life update with information and pictures from the show. So let me know if you guys want me to do that!
--------------------
Stolen steaks and swans

April 15th, 2016

After taking the pictures that we wanted, we waited for the bus to take us back to POR. Epcot was actually one of the closest parks to our hotel. I timed it and it took about 6 minutes. Not bad!

We went to the food court. We were starving.

So I decided to be five and get corn dogs and french fries. You can
never go wrong there.

Grandma got a burger.

And Kayla and Mom both got salads.

For our snacks, we all got carrots and celery. Talk about the healthy?

For our drinks we all got smart water. It's water, so I didn't take a picture of it.:upsidedow

After that, we layer out by the pool and I listened to some music on my iPod (Speaking of music, Ariana Grande's new album just dropped today, its literally perfection everyone should check it out). We all tried to get a tan, but it just wasn't working. I tried so hard to purposely sit in the sun so that I would come back tan, and I didn't get any color at all. I usually get tan when I don't try, so I think I was just trying too hard.:confused3

After that, we went back to the room to get ready for our dinner.

While I was waiting for everyone to take showers so I could take one, we were watching the news, and there was an alert that said abducted. So I was thinking it was gonna be really serious. But all of a sudden there are these people like all mad screaming saying that these swans from a park have been stolen. I was so confused, I just starting dying.:confused: Like laughing so hard that tears were coming out of my eyes. Omg it was so funny. I don't know if its just where I'm from, but that would have never made it on the news. I guess Florida doesn't have many crimes, because thats all we hear on the news at home. That must be a good thing. Then, right after that, there was another alert that there were over 50 stolen steaks from a grocery store. That just topped it all off.:laughing: Then my mom goes, "Maybe someone is having a huge cookout." We just kept joking about it the whole trip. These people were so serious too. I would have been bursting out laughing if I were a news reporter.:rotfl:

After that, we left our room and headed to the bus stop!

continued in next post

Last edited:
Real Life Update!

Hey everyone! My best friend and I recently went to go see Disney: In Concert, and since this is disboards, and we talk about everything Disney, I thought it would be interesting and different to share my experience with all of you!

I went to see the show with my best friend, Jill. I met Jill my freshmen year of high school through cheerleading. We have been best friends ever since we found out that we both share the same love for Disney. She goes to Disney every year, and actually was in Disneyland the same time that I was in Disney World!

This is a picture of us this February at our cheerleading nationals!

Before the concert, I met Jill at her house and we ate lunch, and not long after that, we were on our way!

Here is the outside of the theater!

And now the inside!

This is where we sat!

Overall, we really enjoyed it. They started off by playing the mickey mouse march, (i think thats what it's called) and Jill and I talked about how much it reminded us about Phillarmagic, aka as our favorite 3d show in Disney!

Then they played a Little Mermaid Medley which I loved of course! They also had four singers to sing along which the music and they were all fantastic.

They then did beauty and the beast medley, mulan, aladdin, frozen, and pirates! It was such an amazing show and it really made us think we were in Disney!

If Disney in concert is coming near you, I would really recommend seeing it! It really takes a piece of magic from the parks and brings it home to you! It really helps when you are missing Disney!

Continued in next post

Last edited:

I'm loving your trip report, most because I'm taking my daughter on her first trip to Disney World in one month and we are staying at Port Orleans Riverside in a Royal Room. Great to see it beforehand!

Loving the trip report so far! My daughter and I stayed in the royal rooms for our girls trip and POR will always be special to me for that reason. Thanks for sharing.

I'm loving your trip report, most because I'm taking my daughter on her first trip to Disney World in one month and we are staying at Port Orleans Riverside in a Royal Room. Great to see it beforehand!

Thank you! Your daughter is gonna love it! Hope you have a great trip:goodvibes

Loving the trip report so far! My daughter and I stayed in the royal rooms for our girls trip and POR will always be special to me for that reason. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much for reading! POR will always feel like home to me and hold a special place in my heart!

San Angel Inn
April 15th, 2016

We then waited for a bus to Epcot. I was excited for dinner because I love it. I had just went there for the first time on our previous trip in June and now it's pretty much a must do. Kayla was excited because she didn't come with us in June because she couldn't get the time off from work, so this would be her first experience.

And where was this place that I am talking about you ask?

You can probably guess by the title, but San Angel Inn!

We got off the bus and walked to Mexico, but we ended up being a little early but we wanted to see if we could check in anyway.

The lady then said that we couldn't and would have to wait the hour early that we were.

Epcot was pretty crowded and we didn't really feel like going on any rides so we just walked around inside of Mexico and went to the glass shop. We also went on the Three Caballeros. Love that ride! Its so cute. I also noticed that they must of renovated it, because at the end, instead of Donald, Panchito, and Jose being on a screen, they were actual animatronics.

We then got a table outside and just people watched. Then it was time for our reservation!

As we checked in, we asked if we could get a water view, because thats on my Disney bucket list, but the same lady that we tried to check in with the first time told us that it would be about an hour wait. We did already wait an hour, so we probably should have mentioned that the first time because we might have been able to do it. Oh well, maybe next time!

We were actually seated the same place that I ate last time! All the views in that place are gorgeous, it doesn't really matter where you sit!

They first started us off with chips. My mom, Kayla, and I all are addicted to eating chips! Its our weakness food. So we literally ate all of them in like 5 minutes, and then we all complained to each other how we shouldn't have done that.:rotfl:

(these aren't the greatest quality pictures, I apologize. It was dark in there and Grandma forgot her camera so I used my phone.)

So I ordered the fish of the day, which was mahi mahi (sorry if i spelt that wrong.) and it came with guacamole, peppers, and corn with cheese and sour cream on it. Let me tell you, this was amazing! I recommend it to anyone that loves seafood because honestly it was perfect! I don't really like spicy foods, so I was nervous about ordering this, but it was spicy at all! It was so good!

Grandma. Kayla, and my mom all ordered this chicken thing that I forgot what it was called, but they all enjoyed it!

For desert Kayla and I order the dolce de leche. I mean you can never really go wrong with some good ice cream!

My mom and Grandma love flan, and unfortunately they took it off the menu. But they asked our waitress if there was something like it, and she brought out this.

I forgot what it was called, but my mom said it tasted just like it! So they were very happy!

Overall, we had a great meal at San Angel Inn! If you never ate there before, you should defiantly give it a try!

After that, Epcot was still crowded because it was a Friday night, so all the locals were there, so we just decided to take the bus back to POR and watch a movie and call it a night! We had to get refreshed for another day in the World!

continued in next post

Last edited:
Dapper Day!
April 16th, 2016

Today, we tried to get up early to make it to 9:00 rope drop at Magic Kingdom, but of course we didn't make it. I have never done a rope drop before, and every time we go to Disney I say I am, and then we all fail to do so!

We got to Magic Kingdom at about 9:30. If we were just there a half hour earlier, we would have made it!:(

We then started to walk in, and we noticed that there were so many people at the entrance. You literally couldn't move, and I am not exaggerating. I was so confused, because I saw people with suites and dresses, so I thought there was like a wedding going on our something. Turns out many other people were confused too, but it was dapper day, so everyone was basically dressed up. Im surprised I had never heard about this. Usually I'm up to date on that kind of stuff. Some people looked so good dressed up though! They really went all out.

It took us at least 20 minutes to just get into Magic Kingdom. It was a mess. We defiantly picked the wrong day to go to mk.

After we literally had to fight the crowds through main street, we headed to frontierland! After we got past main street, the park wasn't as bad. Everyone was basically hanging out there and taking pictures in their outfits in front of the castle.

We had some splash mountain fast passes to use up! We put on our ponchos, because we didn't want to walk around so early and be all gross and wet. After that, we headed to pirates, because we had a fast pass for that too!

After that, I decided that I wanted a Dole whip so I got that! Yum!

And everyone else wanted coffee at starbucks, so we headed towards main street again. There were so many people in starbucks it was crazy. The line started outside. We waited anyway, it was only about 20 minutes.

We then sat near the castle across from the Plaza, and we all just talked and people watched everyone dressed up for dapper day! It was really cool and entertaining.

After that, we headed towards fantasyland, because we had an important lunch in an important castle....

continued in next post

Last edited:
love reading what you have written so far!

port orleans riverside is also very near & dear to my heart, so i'm glad to hear someone else feels the same way! :cheer2:
we always stay at POR as well, specifically in the alligator bayou because we have a family of 5! However, my dad and I went down
once and we got a princess room and they are pure perfection! princess:princess:princess:

Great report. I'm glad to another teenager that loves Disney. I have 2 daughters and they love it too. My older daughter loves it so much she got married there last year. We love POR too.

I'm guessing you're headed to Be Our Guest for lunch.

I love your trip report! We're staying at POR for the first time in the Royal Rooms this October, so this is getting me pumped! Can't wait to read more! princess:

love reading what you have written so far!

port orleans riverside is also very near & dear to my heart, so i'm glad to hear someone else feels the same way! :cheer2:
we always stay at POR as well, specifically in the alligator bayou because we have a family of 5! However, my dad and I went down
once and we got a princess room and they are pure perfection! princess:princess:princess:

Thank you! They are just so magical!:blush:

Great report. I'm glad to another teenager that loves Disney. I have 2 daughters and they love it too. My older daughter loves it so much she got married there last year. We love POR too.

I'm guessing you're headed to Be Our Guest for lunch.

Thanks! That's awesome! I hope to one day get married in Disney too! And you guessed it!:thumbsup2

I love your trip report! We're staying at POR for the first time in the Royal Rooms this October, so this is getting me pumped! Can't wait to read more! princess:

Thank you! They are amazing! Hope you have a fantastic time!:goodvibes

A Disney Sweet Sixteen!

I have a very exciting announcement to make!

So my sweet sixteen is coming up, (August 22nd), and it's an important age to turn. Usually the traditional thing to do is to have a fancy party for a couple hours.

But I had something different in mind!

What am I doing for my sweet sixteen, you ask?

Well, you can probably guess by the title, but i'm going to Disney!

It's just going to be my mom and I, so it's our first mother-daughter trip and I am so excited!

The exact dates we are going are November 7th- 12th. I haven't been in November or December in over ten years, so there is a reason why we are doing this.

We are going to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party for the first time ever! You have no idea how excited I am to go. It's going to be truly magical!

It's going to be a more quick trip because I am missing school but it's ok, because then we are going back in April for 12 days!

We are staying at Pop century, and it will be our first time staying there, so this trip is going to be about trying a bunch of different things.

So I have been taking a long time to write this trip report, and that's going to stop right now. I'm going to be updating like crazy these next few months, because before I know it, I'm going to be at Disney and that means I get to start another report! And then another one in April!

So if anyone has any advice for going in November or during the Christmas season, please let me know. I'm probably not going to be able to do this again in a long time, so I want to make sure that I get everything done that is a must do!

I can't wait!:santa:

Now, for some updates!

Continued in next post

Last edited:
Try the Grey Stuff!
April 16th, 2016

So, I mentioned that we had an important lunch in an important castle. I think it's pretty obvious that it's at Be Our Guest!

I've never been too crazy about this place for lunch. I think it's just ehh. It's your basic sandwiches that you can basically get anywhere. I've been to Be Our Guest once for dinner, and it is completely different. I highly recommend it, but it's always so difficult to get a reservation. Anyways, we wanted to be able to still eat in the castle because we couldn't get dinner, so we did lunch. I think for a counter service it's worth it for the scenery, but the food never has anything outstanding about it.

We waited in a line that took a little while because we didn't do the pre ordered food. We were going to do it, but when we tried it wouldn't let us put on there that Kayla had a gluten allergy so we couldn't. Disney really should change that by the way. It makes it really inconvenient to people that have allergies.

So after we waited and ordered, my Mom and Kayla went to go get the drinks, and Grandma and I went to go find a seat. I have eaten in every room besides the West Wing. We try every time, but it's always packed. The ballroom was super packed, so we went into the library and sat down. About 5 minutes later, Kayla texted me saying that she checked in the West Wing, and it was empty! I couldn't believe it. So we walked over there and it was empty. There were only about 2 other families there. It was really weird not gonna lie! The one time that I didn't check in there, nobody was in there!

Shortly after that our food came!

We all got the same thing, the turkey sandwich. The only difference was Mom and Grandma got sweet potato fries.

Here's Mine

Here's the gluten free version

Let me tell you, this was the best meal I have ever gotten for lunch there! It was really good. We all enjoyed it and were satisfied!

Kayla got the cream puff for desert

Of course I got the master's cupcake! Try the grey stuff it's delicious, don't believe me, ask the dishes!

Mom got the lemon cupcake

Lastly, Grandma got the e'claire

If you never noticed this, every time you hear a really loud clap of thunder, Prince Adam's picture turns into the beast! I tried to get a picture of it but the flash on my camera didn't work out.

The flash kinda hid the rose

We loved Be Our Guest!

Continued In Next Post

Last edited:
Joining in! I'd love to see you do a separate post about pins you traded for because I love seeing other people's haul haha! Congrats on the 16th birthday trip, I bet the Christmas stuff is going to be just magical!

Yay! That's so exciting about your Sweet Sixteen trip! :goodvibes You and your mom are going to have a blast!

You definitely need to see Holiday Wishes during the party, it's epic and breathtaking and will definitely get you in the Christmas spirit. We also love seeing the different Santas/holiday tradition stories that are performed in World Showcase all day long. They're about 5 minutes long, and they tell you about that country's holiday traditions. It's so cool to hear the different stories and how the rest of the world celebrates Christmas and the holiday season. And if you can do the Candlelight Processional, it's beautiful. Really reminds you of the true meaning of Christmas, the singing is amazing.

I LOVE Be Our Guest. Probably because Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie. The Ballroom makes me teary eyed every stinking time. :sad: That's awesome that you finally got to experience the West Wing. I love all of the effects in there, they really did an amazing job on the theming.

Yay for the Grey Stuff!!! :worship:

Can't wait for more! :thumbsup2

Lovely lunch. I've only hd diner here once in the Ballroom. We ate in the library twice for lunch so we really need to experience the West Wing too. I'm happy this meal was better for you.

Disney is the perfect place to celebrate your birthday! party:

I know! I am so excited!

Joining in! I'd love to see you do a separate post about pins you traded for because I love seeing other people's haul haha! Congrats on the 16th birthday trip, I bet the Christmas stuff is going to be just magical!

Welcome! And I defiantly will do that! Thank you!:)

Yay! That's so exciting about your Sweet Sixteen trip! :goodvibes You and your mom are going to have a blast!

You definitely need to see Holiday Wishes during the party, it's epic and breathtaking and will definitely get you in the Christmas spirit. We also love seeing the different Santas/holiday tradition stories that are performed in World Showcase all day long. They're about 5 minutes long, and they tell you about that country's holiday traditions. It's so cool to hear the different stories and how the rest of the world celebrates Christmas and the holiday season. And if you can do the Candlelight Processional, it's beautiful. Really reminds you of the true meaning of Christmas, the singing is amazing.

I LOVE Be Our Guest. Probably because Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie. The Ballroom makes me teary eyed every stinking time. :sad: That's awesome that you finally got to experience the West Wing. I love all of the effects in there, they really did an amazing job on the theming.

Yay for the Grey Stuff!!! :worship:

Can't wait for more! :thumbsup2

I defiantly have seeing Holiday wishes on my list! I love Wishes, and to see it Christmas themed is so exciting because I love Christmas. Thank you for telling me about the tradition stories. I have heard about it before, but I forgot about it because I never go during Christmas. That seems so cool, Im going to have to try it! Same with the Candlelight Processional.
The West Wing put Be Our Guest into a new perspective for me. The theming was awesome, I felt like I was actually in the movie!

Lovely lunch. I've only hd diner here once in the Ballroom. We ate in the library twice for lunch so we really need to experience the West Wing too. I'm happy this meal was better for you.

I can finally say I have eaten in all of the rooms now! I love eating in the library, it's so peaceful and relaxing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter