Goin' down the bayou..at Port Orleans Riverside! -April 2016 TR- Update:8/16

princessraquel

Someday i'll be part of your world
"The evening star is shining bright,
So make a wish and hold on tight.
There's magic in the air tonight,
And anything can happen.."

Hello everyone and welcome to my first ever trip report here on Disboards!

Hi I'm Raquel! I am 15 years old and currently a sophomore in high school. I am known as a Disney freak! I have been to Disney over 20 times and it is my favorite place in the whole world. I am obsessed with The Little Mermaid and just princesses in general. It is my dream to participate in the Disney College Program, so I can't wait until I am out of high school so I can apply!

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Ride: Tower Of Terror
Favorite Princess: Ariel and Rapunzel
Favorite Fab 5 Character: Daisy and Minnie
Favorite Restaurant: Ohana and Le Cellier
Favorite Disney Song: Part Of Your World, Colors of the Wind, Belle,
and Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride!
Favorite Disney Movie: The Little Mermaid
Favorite Disney Snack: Red Velvet Cupcake
and School Bread
Favorite Disney Resort: Polynesian and Grand Floridian
Favorite Form of Disney Transportation: Monorail and Magical Express

Now for the rest of my family!

Mom

This is my Mom! We share the same love of Disney together. When we are not in Disney, we spend our time watching Disney vlogs, reading here on the Dis and planning our next trip!

Favorite Ride: Peter Pan
Favorite Princess: Belle
Favorite Fab 5 Character: Minnie
Favorite Restaurant: Ohana
Favorite Disney Song: Wishes Soundtrack
Favorite Disney Movie: Beauty and the Beast and Princess and The Frog
Favorite Disney Snack: Red Velvet Cupcake and Ohana Bread Pudding
Favorite Disney Resort: Polynesian
Favorite Form of Disney Transportation: Monorail

Kayla

This is my older sister Kayla! She is 23, and loves Disney just like my mom and I. She loves all things Lion King and anything with Olaf on it!

Favorite Park: Animal Kingdom
Favorite Ride: Tower Of Terror and Kilimanjaro Safari
Favorite Princess: Aurora
Favorite Fab 5 Character: Minnie
Favorite Restaurant: Ohana
Favorite Disney Song: Circle Of Life
Favorite Disney Movie: The Lion King
Favorite Disney Snack: The Flavored Popcorn in Epcot
Favorite Disney Resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge
Favorite Form of Disney Transportation: Boats

Grandma

This is my Grandma, which is my mom's mom! Since my Dad didn't want to come on this trip (he thinks we have been to Disney "too many times"), we invited my Grandma to come with us! This is probably her 10th time coming to Disney and she loves it. She took most of the pictures for this trip report.

Favorite Ride: Soarin' and Peter Pan
Favorite Princess: Cinderella
Favorite Fab 5 Character: Goofy and Donald
Favorite Disney Song: When You Wish Upon a Star
Favorite Disney Movie: The Lion King and The Little Mermaid
Favorite Disney Snack: Ohana Bread Pudding
Favorite Disney Resort: Port Orleans Riverside
Favorite Form of Disney Transportation: Boats

We went to Disney on April 13th and came back on the 23rd.

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside

We were also on the Disney Dining Plan

I am so excited to share our adventures with everyone on Dis, so please be sure to comment if you are following along!

Now please keep your hands, arms, feet, legs, flippers, and fins inside the trip report at all times as we go on down the bayou!

Last edited:
Disney Departure Day!
April 13th, 2016

Today was finally the day that everyone had been waiting for. The day that we were leaving for Disney!

I got up at about 6:15 am. And no, this was not the time that I chose to get up at! I had to go to school this morning.:( On most of my other trips, we usually leave bright and early in the morning, so this was different for a change.

School was okay. Since it was the day before, the day before break (I was missing one day of school), I had most of my quizzes and tests on this day. It pretty much seemed like the slowest day ever! But 1:30 finally came around, I said goodbye to my friends, and I was out of there!

From school, my mom picked me up with Kayla and Grandma already in the car. My mom and I had to get our eyebrows done before we left, so we quickly stopped for about 15 minutes at a place near my dad's work. After that, we stopped at my dad's work so that I could change into comfortable clothes instead of my school clothes and so that he could drive us to the airport.

I listened to Disney music on the way there, (it takes about 45 minutes to get to the airport). We then said goodbye to my dad and checked in. We got there at about 4:00.

We got through security and Kayla and I got a chicken caesar salad, which I didn't take pictures of because it was disney food so it didn't matter.:rotfl2:

After that, we all just sat and talked, and before we knew it, we were boarding at 5:15!

We took off at 5:41. I was a little nervous on the plane, but once we took off I was okay because I was going to Disney World!

Plane selfie!

I went to go watch Inside Out on my dvd player, but it wouldn't turn on. I was pretty bummed. I charged it overnight, but it must have not been plugged in. So I listened to music instead.

My mom, Kayla, and I then played Deal or No Deal on my iPad. We got pretty into it lol! We beat the banker on all of our games except for one when we ended up with $300.

Pretty soon, we were descending into Orlando! While we were landing, it was thundering and lighting, so that was pretty interesting. We landed at 8:30.

We then got off the plane, and walked to magical express!

Continued in next post

Last edited:
We are in Orlando!
April 13th, 2016

Surprisingly,we didn't get lost walking to the magical express!

(I look so tired in this picture from school and the plane omg!)
We were so excited to be on Disney property!

Yay! Our motorcoach!

The magical express is always one of my favorite parts of any Disney vacation, because it really lets you know that you are there and it is just so magical!

We watched the new movie, (the old one will always still be better to me. I don't know why they ever changed it.:() and shortly, we were going under those beautiful, purple arches! I am so sorry that I didn't get a picture! It was raining and we were in the back.:(

We first stopped at Saratoga Springs, French Quarter, and last but not least, Riverside!:love:

Riverside will always be my favorite moderate resort! I just love everything about it. Both the mansions and alligator bayou are perfect.

We then went to the food court, because it was about 9:30 at this point and we were starving.

We were so hungry so I didn't get pictures of everyone's food, but I got the caprese flatbread and it was so good!

Since we were on the dining plan, I got the warm apple blossom for desert with ice cream on the top. I was just gonna get the apple blossom, but the cm asked if I wanted ice cream on it because it would still be considered a desert, so I mean how can I pass it up!:upsidedow

After we finished, we then went to go check out our new room. Plus it was like 10:30 so there was almost nobody out and at the foot court.

We walked over to go see our new home for the next 10 days!

Continued in next post

Last edited:

Our new home!
April 13th, 2016

We had such a short walk from the main lobby! We were in the mansions, and not just in the regular mansions, but in the princess rooms! These rooms were perfect for me because I am obsessed with princesses.

We were in room 9087, and my mom had requested a pool view and a corner room. We were hoping to get the same room that we had when I was in 7th grade when we stayed with my cousins and my grandma, but we didn't. That was okay though, because this room was just as great!

Towel mickey!

It's so cute how this chair is supposed to represent the dog in Beauty and the Beast! It's the little things that Disney does that makes it so magical.

The sinks are actually the Genie's lamp! Isn't that so cool?

Can I have these painting for my room please?

This actually lights up with fireworks! So pretty!

After that we all took showers and found something on tv to watch. We went to bed at about 12:00. We had a long, and fun day ahead of us and we were all so excited!

Continued in next post

Last edited:
Kona Cafe
April 14th, 2016

I got up this morning at about 7 and got ready. Today was our first park day. :)

This morning, we had Kona reservations at 9:45. We left the room at 8:40, and just as we got to the bus stop, a Magic Kingdom bus was pulling up. Perfect!

It didn't take long to get to Magic Kingdom, and then we hopped on my favorite form of transportation, the monorail!

It took a long time for the monorail to leave because there was a stuck monorail. But we got there right at 9:45.

I love poly! My favorite resort.:lovestruc

I do really miss the waterfall in the lobby though. The new lobby is okay, but I prefer the old one. But it's okay I still love you polynesian!

We walked around in the gift shop before they called us in.

Marie! One of my favorite Disney characters!

We were called in quickly, but we had to wait about 10 minutes while we were seated before we could take our order. Our waiter was very nice though!

Kayla is gluten free, so she order this off of the allergy menu. She ordered the samoan. It is poached eggs with hollandaise served over smoked pulled pork hash. She said this was really good!

My mom got the macadamia pineapple pancakes. She thought they were delicious! She waited a long time to come to Disney to eat them lol!

My grandma and I both got the famous tonga toast! Omg it was so good. Best breakfast ever.

Here's the sauce that they put in the middle of our table. I loved the strawberry sauce over the tonga toast.

Overall, Kona was amazing! I would highly recommend it for breakfast. I don't even eat breakfast, but Kona is so good!

continued in next post

Last edited:

Following along:-) Love your posts. We are going to PORS in August (my teen DD's are about your age and they LOVE Disney too).

Following along! We were down at the same time :) can't wait to continue reading!

That's so funny! Hope you had a great trip!

Following along:-) Love your posts. We are going to PORS in August (my teen DD's are about your age and they LOVE Disney too).

Thank you! Your gonna love it there! It's such an amazing resort! It's so rare to find people my age that love Disney, so that's awesome that they love it too!

Following along! Love the pictures of the Princess room princess:

Thank you! Hope you enjoy!

Following- we are staying at POR in a few weeks, and now I'm bummed that my husband and son said absolutely not to princess rooms:confused3

Following along! I'll be at POR in a few weeks (I've stayed their twice before and loved it!). Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!

Following! Yum yum Tonga Toast - I had this for the first time in September and it was fabulous. I'm already thinking I might want to sneak over to Captain Cook's for some on our next trip. No strawberry sauce there, but it's a lot cheaper :P

First castle sighting
April 14th, 2016

After our amazing breakfast at Kona, we went back into the gift shop and I pin traded. I pin traded all throughout the trip, and I think I am going to do a separate chapter just of the pins that I traded because I didn't really keep track of every trade.

After that, we got back on the monorail to my favorite park, Magic Kingdom! Yay!

We were getting so close to the first castle sighting of the trip!

Surprisingly, I never bought one of these balloons before in my life. I probably will sooner or later though!:laughing:

Castle:love:

I was so happy!

The man and the mouse that started it all!

We tried to take a selfie with the castle but we just got ourselves in it without the castle lol.:rotfl:

Inside Cinderella's castle! I wasn't used to it being open so much, and it was open the whole time this trip! The majority of the time, I always see it with the tent up for Dream Along With Mickey, but they recently stopped showing that. I never got to see it, but I bet it was a great show. I can't wait to see the new show though!

As you can see, I went photo crazy and took so many pictures of the castle. Hey, you can never have too many castle pics, right?

continued in next post

Last edited:
Following! Yum yum Tonga Toast - I had this for the first time in September and it was fabulous. I'm already thinking I might want to sneak over to Captain Cook's for some on our next trip. No strawberry sauce there, but it's a lot cheaper :P

Welcome! Wow, I didn't know they had it over at Captain Cook's! Now I can get it multiple times in one trip:rotfl:

First rides of the trip
April 14th, 2016

After we walked through the castle, we walked to.....

Peter Pan's Flight!

We had a fast pass.

I love Peter Pan's Flight. It's just so cute! I do wish it was a little longer though. One thing I don't understand about it is how the line is absolutely so long all the time. The ride is like shorter than five minutes and it goes continuously. Idek:confused3

After Peter Pan, we went over to Mickey's Phillarmagic! I really love this show. It's my favorite 3D show in all of Disney. It has all of my favorite movies from when I was a kid. And I love the smell during the Be Our Guest part. And Ariel singing Part Of Your World in her grotto? Perfection.

After Phillarmagic, we still had about 20 minutes until our Seven Dwarfs Mine Train fast pass. So we decided to waste time in that Belle gift shop next to Gaston's tavern. Love it in there! I actually never really went in there ever, so this was a good time to walk around.

My hair was actually down when we were at Kona, but since I have naturally curly hair, whenever I walk outside when it's humid, it frizzes up. Especially in Florida. So it looks a little crazy here.:scared1:

After that we went on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Grandma was a little nervous because this was her first time riding, and she doesn't like roller coasters, but we assured her that it wasn't fast at all and that she would be fine. Plus she wanted to do at least one new ride this vacation. In the end, she ended up liking!

After that, we saw that The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh was only a 25 minute wait. So we decided to do that. That's always a fun one.

After Winnie the Pooh, we had some Space Mountain fastpasses to use up!

We begged my Grandma to go on this ride. We told her, "Your on a role going on the new rides, so you might as well do this one too."
She finally said yes!

When we got off, she said she actually liked it! Yay!

Spolier alert: she actually went on again on the last day of our trip!

We then started to walk towards Main Street.

Continued in next post

Last edited:
"I'll paint the walls some more, I'm sure there's room somewhere!"
April 14th, 2016

After Space Mountain, we didn't really have a set place to go. We already used up all of our fast passes, and it was about 1:00, and it was really starting to get crowded. We didn't really feel like waiting in lines, so we decided to just walk around on Main Street.

There was this place that I really wanted to go into. I totally forgot the name of it but it has all paintings and statues and I just find it really cool.

This was the painting that they had displayed when we first walked in. So pretty!

Let it go, let it go!

I think I watched Pinocchio once when I was little. I don't remember much about it. I want to watch it soon though.

Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!:hmghost:

Aurora is my favorite classic princess. Many people don't like her movie because they say it's boring, but I really like it. It was one of my favorites when I was little. Prince Phillip is also my favorite prince, and Maleficent is my favorite villain.:maleficen

I have to buy this when I'm older and hang it up in my house!

Continued in next post

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter