Go pro camera

tink20

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used one on the attractions? My son-in-law got one for Christmas, and thought it would
be fun to use on some of the attractions. I assume its okay....

Especially when you mount it on a six-foot-long selfie stick!

Here's a GoPro view of Peter Pan during our Sept 2014 trip

Here's one of 7DMT during the same trip

There is some movement with the GoPro but for the most part, especially on rides........it worked well.

Doug :goofy:

My brother used a GoPro with the little head mount on several attractions and got some really cool videos. I bought one for our November trip. We'll just be using the head mount also. We don't own a selfie stick.

Happy to see this thread, DS has one but I was afraid the one on the head might fall off while on the ride (as you can tell I've never used it). Any other tips/recommendations? He uses it primarily for skateboarding so this is new territory for him.

Happy to see this thread, DS has one but I was afraid the one on the head might fall off while on the ride (as you can tell I've never used it). Any other tips/recommendations? He uses it primarily for skateboarding so this is new territory for him.

The only time my brother has used his GoPro, is at WDW. We've only used ours at our local zoo so far, so I won't be much help as far as tips for use go.
I do know that they didn't allow him to wear or hold it on Rock 'n' Rollercoaster.

hopefully it isn't on a large stick! We were there a couple of weeks ago and omg, the selfie sticks were OUTRAGEOUS! People swing them around like they are the only ones in the park. There was one teen/young adult that was over by Italy in the WS who was playing around doing donuts on a motorized scooter with a 3-4 selfie go pro thingie. I thought for sure he was going to take someone out.

Expedition Everest video I shot last week with GoPro Hero 4 Silver. (No large selfie stick involved, just a small hand grip. :-) ).

Here's a GoPro view of Peter Pan during our Sept 2014 trip

Here's one of 7DMT during the same trip

There is some movement with the GoPro but for the most part, especially on rides........it worked well.

Doug :goofy:
Really enjoyed your videos. Will have to watch more on YouTube sometime. I loved your comments during the rides haha!

I have watched a bunch of them online. It was great because my mom is joining us this trip and she isn't exactly a thrill seeker but because of videos such as these she wants to ride test track! I think they are great and it also gets me more excited about the trip.

As for the Go Pro, my son has one and he has the stand that lets you adjust it at any weird angle. He also has the strap to wear it on his head, not the helmet one and I have to say some of his videos are pretty cool. It's also water proof to a certain depth and it's very durable. He wanted to use it snow boarding but we didn't have the helmet one and he was afraid he might lose it otherwise.

I plan to bring a regular camera with me and use it along with my iPhone.

What is the purpose, or difference, in that camera vs. a 'normal' camera?
I like that say DH and DD are on a ride with it, that I can be on the sidelines, log into our GoPro account and watch them live... that's a cool difference between it and a "normal" camera...

Plus it's like the smallest thing I've ever seen. I would much rather deal with those than an ipad or even my phone, or my bulky Canon...

I like that say DH and DD are on a ride with it, that I can be on the sidelines, log into our GoPro account and watch them live... that's a cool difference between it and a "normal" camera...

Plus it's like the smallest thing I've ever seen. I would much rather deal with those than an ipad or even my phone, or my bulky Canon...

Oh wow - I know he has the Go Pro App but I had no idea I would be able to do that. Sounds like I need a tutoring session from DS before the trip!

Oh wow - I know he has the Go Pro App but I had no idea I would be able to do that. Sounds like I need a tutoring session from DS before the trip!

Yeah the sales rep at BestBuy told me that part... you just need the WiFi connection and app on your device. You can't be super far from one another, but we have a "newer" version of it and it worked pretty far for us, I can't wait to test it out!

Marketing. :)

I see. Thanks.

Well, that seems like a nice feature.

I personally wouldn't purchase a Go Pro simply to take to Disney, but since DS already has one and it's really small and convenient to carry I plan to make use of it.

What is the purpose, or difference, in that camera vs. a 'normal' camera?

Hands free filming.
DS and DD did the Wild Africa Trek. DS wore it on his helmet and filmed during the walking, bridges etc parts.
While on a cruise DD wore it on her helmet doing a zip line across the water/beach and it turned out really cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter