• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Girls Trip One More Time...Final Plans, The End 5/23

Update on Cayley's Round off Back Handspring

Yep that's what it's called.... :thumbsup2

She got it once on Sat and once on Mon on the rod floor-which is bouncier than than the regular competition floor. At the other gym yesterday she did it by herself on the tumble trak-a long trampoline. Her coach was very proud!! Now she just has to land it on the competition floor. I am very happy that she is no longer afraid to try!!

this is AMAZING!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: what a trooper you have!!!!
Seriously amazing..

Can't wait too see her in the Olympics! I can say Hey! I talk to her Mom on the dis!!! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I have yet to eat at Liberty Tree Tavern. I need to add that to my must do list.

First off..go cayley!!!

Now on the first day plans!! Love it, I love CHH. I've never done LTT, we are definitely more of a QS crew. If it wasn't for my Dis buddies I wouldn't have tried CHH, now its a must do. I hope the FP changes are in place for May, then you can be tge guinea pig for us summertime peeps :hug: and I agree those girls are way too cute!!

Although this is the "girls PTR", I had to share Mark's new shirt which he will proudly be wearing in September:

Perfect and so true!! Love that!

Our Arrival Day

We leave Phx at 855a. Which means we will have to be up by 6a, on the road to the airport by 645a and arriving at the airport around 730a. Our tradition is to get Starbucks and some snacks. I also pack snacks for the plane. We will all bring our Ipads and watch various movies. We will also probably read. Arrival in Orlando is at around 430p. SO with the time change it is roughly a 4.5 hour flight and we lose a day LOL.

Mary: Ha ha! I feel like I lose a day coming from CA too! :) We have the same morning routine of snacks and Starbucks.

At least you don't have to feel bad that purchasing tickets earlier would have saved any $. I have fewer and fewer surprises anymore with airline tickets dropping in price - it just doesn't seem to happen too often.

Kathy, I am hijacking your thread for one reason.......

It has taken me almost 6 years to reach this historic moment in time; and whose thread came to mind to share it with? Yours. I will now leave for work with now having reached 3,000 posts here on the DIS.
:rotfl2::rotfl:

Congratulations Bob! It must mean you like hanging around a lot of these people! Kathy must feel privileged to have her thread contain your milestone achievement! :cool1:

We are having lunch here:

Can I just tell you that I started my day off great thinking of that ooey gooey toffee cake. Yep, I go right to the dessert side of my cravings!

And hopefully we will be getting a few of these.

(can you stand that cuteness?)
Nope, can't stand that much cuteness!! What a great photo!!

I love starting Day 1 at MK. It just feels right starting there. :) Great plans with the line up of attractions and dining. This is like a travel guide for people that don't know how to do Disney! Just model your travel plans after KatMark and you are sure to have a great time. (Except they need to re-create their own funny hats moments that Mark always provides. ;))

looking forward to Day 2 plans that sounds like you will be on the wild side.

Way to go Cayley!!

Great plans for your first day ladies!! I have yet to eat at LTT - maybe next trip? I'd like to have that dessert for sure!

Looks like you'll be able to get a few extra FP+ after you use the first three now!

I showed my DH Mark's shirt and he laughed when I said I should get him one. I couldn't tell if he'd actually wear it if I bought it for him…

Wow!! Didn't realize it's been sooooo long since I've had a moment to come on here.
I'm in!!! Can't wait to hear all about the trip!

And our last one on this day (unless they change before we get there where you can get more after you use your first three) for after lunch will be here:
I hope you're able to get more. That change can't come soon enough...

Great plans for Day 1! :thumbsup2

Way to go Miss Cayley!

The day one plans sound great! It's been so long since we've eaten at Liberty Tree...so long that it was still a character meal.

Your day one plans all sound great! I have yet to try Liberty Tree. I think I am still a bit bitter it is no longer a character meal haha.

Go Cayley! I remember getting my back handspring (except it ended up being an almost back tuck, I got so much power my hands didn't hit the mat)! It is such a great feeling! She will be tumbling all over the place soon!

Awesome first day plans! :cheer2: I am starting to see the value of that FP+! No need to get up at the crack of dawn on your first day = you can sleep in and still have the FP! :thumbsup2

Hi Mary! :wave2: Nice to have you posting here, too! Way to go Cayley! How fun for you to have these moments with your girls!

Day 1 plans sound great! I'm with you on not riding splash before a meal, made that mistake once!
Oh I so hope disney does start allowing an extra FP+!

Update on Cayley's Round off Back Handspring She got it once on Sat and once on Mon on the rod floor-which is bouncier than than the regular competition floor. At the other gym yesterday she did it by herself on the tumble trak-a long trampoline. Her coach was very proud!! Now she just has to land it on the competition floor. I am very happy that she is no longer afraid to try!!
Way to go, Cayley!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Your plans look wonderful and you picked the BEST pictures to highlight your plans. I have to say - you actually look like you are having a great time on Space Mountain. Isn't that one of those rides you do for the girls?

You are going to have such a fantastic time! I just wish our trips overlapped again!

I love the pictures from past trips! That first one (2012?) they girls look so much younger! Funny how fast they grow.

Don't they? Amazing how fast they grow.

Kathy, I love Mark's shirt. There was a question posed to a fb group I belong to. The person who's etsy shop it is asked if you(if you were male) or your husband would wear it. I said definitely! There is a my favorite prince shirt too. Did you get that one for yourself?

I just ordered that one today for myself. :)

Love the first day plans! LTT for lunch sounds great! I totally forgot about this one. I really wanted to try it for lunch. Doubt it will happen on our next trip...so maybe the one after that... :rolleyes:

I really enjoy lunch there.

Your first day looks amazing!!! And I just loved seeing all the photos from years past - all of the girls are so adorable and you all look like you are having SO much FUN!

D~

We really enjoy these girls trips. We sure laugh a lot.

I have yet to eat at Liberty Tree Tavern. I need to add that to my must do list.

Jen, you should...it's really good.

First off..go cayley!!!

Now on the first day plans!! Love it, I love CHH. I've never done LTT, we are definitely more of a QS crew. If it wasn't for my Dis buddies I wouldn't have tried CHH, now its a must do. I hope the FP changes are in place for May, then you can be tge guinea pig for us summertime peeps :hug: and I agree those girls are way too cute!!

Thanks, Jeanette. We really enjoy CHH too...especially sitting upstairs with a window view of the Haunted Mansion.

Perfect and so true!! Love that!

Thank you, Brenda.

Mary: Ha ha! I feel like I lose a day coming from CA too! :) We have the same morning routine of snacks and Starbucks.

Doesn't every morning start off with Starbucks?

Congratulations Bob! It must mean you like hanging around a lot of these people! Kathy must feel privileged to have her thread contain your milestone achievement! :cool1:

I do feel very privileged; thanks again Bob.

Can I just tell you that I started my day off great thinking of that ooey gooey toffee cake. Yep, I go right to the dessert side of my cravings!

I'm glad I could help start your day off on a good note.

Nope, can't stand that much cuteness!! What a great photo!!

One of my all-time favorites.

I love starting Day 1 at MK. It just feels right starting there. :) Great plans with the line up of attractions and dining. This is like a travel guide for people that don't know how to do Disney! Just model your travel plans after KatMark and you are sure to have a great time. (Except they need to re-create their own funny hats moments that Mark always provides. ;))

I prefer it, but it doesn't always work that way for us. I'm glad we are doing it this trip. You are very sweet, as always, Brenda.

looking forward to Day 2 plans that sounds like you will be on the wild side.

I hope to get it up tomorrow.

Great plans for your first day ladies!! I have yet to eat at LTT - maybe next trip? I'd like to have that dessert for sure!

You must get there; and Mark AND Brenda swear by the dessert.

Looks like you'll be able to get a few extra FP+ after you use the first three
now!

I've still not heard a firm date, have you?

I showed my DH Mark's shirt and he laughed when I said I should get him one. I couldn't tell if he'd actually wear it if I bought it for him…

I think ALL of us should have one of those for our husbands. :goodvibes

Love all the pictures!!!!!

Thanks, Tim.

Looks like a great plan for day 1!:goodvibes

Thanks.

Wow!! Didn't realize it's been sooooo long since I've had a moment to come on here.
I'm in!!! Can't wait to hear all about the trip!

You've been missed, Linda. Thanks.

I hope you're able to get more. That change can't come soon enough...

I agree; and I like that they are considering the park hopper option too.

Great plans for Day 1! :thumbsup2

Thanks!

The day one plans sound great! It's been so long since we've eaten at Liberty Tree...so long that it was still a character meal.

I forgot they used to have characters; I think they even stopped them at dinner (but we wouldn't go at dinner any way because I am not a Thanksgiving meal type of person.

Your day one plans all sound great! I have yet to try Liberty Tree. I think I am still a bit bitter it is no longer a character meal haha.

We had never been there when they had characters.

Go Cayley! I remember getting my back handspring (except it ended up being an almost back tuck, I got so much power my hands didn't hit the mat)! It is such a great feeling! She will be tumbling all over the place soon!

I was NEVER able to do any of that stuff. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Awesome first day plans! :cheer2: I am starting to see the value of that FP+! No need to get up at the crack of dawn on your first day = you can sleep in and still have the FP! :thumbsup2

No, there really isn't. And if we get there at opening, we can still get a lot done before the crowds.

Hi Mary! :wave2: Nice to have you posting here, too! Way to go Cayley! How fun for you to have these moments with your girls!

Hopefully she'll post again soon.

Day 1 plans sound great! I'm with you on not riding splash before a meal, made that mistake once!
Oh I so hope disney does start allowing an extra FP+!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yes, definitely not a fan of being wet and eating. It would be nice because 3 is just NOT enough.

Your plans look wonderful and you picked the BEST pictures to highlight your plans. I have to say - you actually look like you are having a great time on Space Mountain. Isn't that one of those rides you do for the girls?

Thanks, Maryellen. I put on a very brave front. Yes, that is one of the rides I give in to the girls on.

You are going to have such a fantastic time! I just wish our trips overlapped again!

I wish they did too.

So excited to be joining in the beginning!!

:welcome::welcome: thank you for joining. Yes, we are still at beginning. Still have seven days of plans to reveal.

FYI...for those that didn't finish the TR, I am having it closed on Monday.

We are now at Saturday, May 31, we will have breakfast in the room and I'll go get us coffee.

This will be one of Avery's favorite days because of the park we are going to. Avery is a HUGE lover of animals and is thinking of going into some type of career with animals.

And, I'm sure that by now, you have guessed we are going here:

(no, I do not know the people in front of the sign)

Luckily, we are going to this park twice during this trip and I am NOT doing Expedition Everest both days for Avery, and I get a break on our first day there and it is NOT one of our FP+ selections. :yay:

Our first FP+ is for the safari where we will hopefullys ee some of these:

The girls may want to stop and do this:

Perhaps we will do a trail or two before our lunch here:

After lunch, we will maybe try Dinosaur as a standby and possibly the girls will want to do Primevil Hurl which I will not be doing with them. Or maybe we will go to Rafiki's Planet.

We have a FP+ for Finding Nemo between 2:30 and 2:50. I've seen this only once with Mark and am looking forward to seeing it again since Festival of the Lion King is still closed.

Our next FP+ is for Kali River Rapids. I've not done this in years and am looking forward to doing it with the girls.

I hope to get some pictures along the way:

I'm not sure what time the AK closes this night so I a thinking that we will be back at OKW earlier than we will other nights. It might be a goo night to let the girls swim and we can get dinner at the pool.

I'm with you, I'm typically one of the firsts ones up because I take the longest to get ready.

Mmmm, we have a Liberty Tree Tavern lunch scheduled, I'm so excited! Mostly for the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake....and maybe some food. Sure. Some food. :lmao:

Day two plans sounds great. :thumbsup2 Some downtime at the pool sounds good to me!

In regards to your plans on day 2 at the Animal Kingdom, in the words of the 70's tv character, Chico, played by the late Freddie Prinze (yes I'm that old to remember), "Loo-king good" :thumbsup2 :lmao:

The first time I was in AK, it was my least favorite park which happened to have my favorite ride, EE. With time it grew on me and now it is no longer a 1/2 day park but instead an all day excursion for me. I love the detail of the park and the animals help to slow things down a bit and just relax and enjoy without rushing.

Love your plans to have lunch at the Yak & Yeti. I do recall it was a certain DIS friend who pursuaded me to try Y & Y a few months ago (Thank you Kathy). We also have an ADR for Yak & Yeti in June and am looking forward to it. :goodvibes

As for the AK hours. According to the WDW website the hours are listed 9-8 with EMH 8:00AM.

Looking forward to the rest of your TR. :thumbsup2

Day 2 plans sound really good!

There is such a lot to see and do there. That park is one that really has grown on us.

:thumbsup2 on your lunch at Y&Y. Wish we could have fit it in in February, but time was running out on us. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter