Girls Trip One More Time...Final Plans, The End 5/23

Thanks for all the nice comments about the girls. I am very blessed :) Cayley is hoping to achieve a big skill in the gym today-the round off back handspring!! It is really the stepping stone for all her tumbling passes for Trampoline and Tumbling. She has had the ability to do one for about a month but fear has held her back. She tried one on Sat but wants to do it for her favorite coach today.

Let us know how Cayley does.

I don't think this will be the last girl's trip forever. After looking at the points needed for Aulani I think we will wait until 2016. We really need the 1 bedroom when Jeff comes along. We are looking at doing an all inclusive beach place with some friends.

I can see needing a one bedroom so you have more space!

Avery asked for a sewing machine for her birthday. My Mom was a big sewer/quilter when she was alive. Me not so much at all. So Jeff is in charge of teaching her. He was on You Tube this weekend looking things up and watching tutorials. So cute.

What a good daddy he is!

Okay Kathy and Mary, I'm all caught up now. Both of you did great jobs with the intros and the pictures are all great! Of course, the girls are as cute as buttons!

Thanks, Lisa.

Our Arrival Day

I finally broke down yesterday and bought our airline tickets. They were outrageous, I may have to sell a body part or rob a bank. And no buying them months ago would not have helped.

OUCH! Just don't sell your legs...you'll need those to walk around the parks.

We leave Phx at 855a. Which means we will have to be up by 6a, on the road to the airport by 645a and arriving at the airport around 730a. Our tradition is to get Starbucks and some snacks. I also pack snacks for the plane. We will all bring our Ipads and watch various movies. We will also probably read. Arrival in Orlando is at around 430p. SO with the time change it is roughly a 4.5 hour flight and we lose a day LOL. We arrive about a half an hour before Kathy so will probably grab something at the food court.

I actuallya rrive at 4:50 so I shouldn't be too far behind you. Don't eat too much in the food court if we're going to DTD for dinner and ice cream.

We will then meet up and take the ME to OKW. We picked OKW for 2 beds, pool and location. I requested to be near the main area so the that we would not have to trek to far for the pool and adult bev. After checking in we will head to DTD. I am ok with EOS but the girls are not big fans. They do not really enjoy hot sandwiches. I have to agree that warm pb&j is just gross. I am all for ice cream and shopping after dinner.

Darn kids; we could always get them something else and we could go to EOS. But I'm happy at either place.

Up next, pur first park!!!

I'll try to get that started Wednesday if I can.

DtD the first day sound great! We will also be doing DTD our first day but it is after a few hours sleep!! We will spend most of the day there just hanging out and relaxing!!!

With your late arrival, that is a good idea.

I love EoS and I actually like Warm PB&J sandwiches... I guess I am weird!! :lmao: Oh wait... I knew I was weird! :rotfl2:

No, you aren't weird...just different. :goodvibes

I am trying to exchange into DVC for our fall trip and OKW or SSR may be our only choices. I shy away from them because of their size! We shall see what the future holds! Any recommendations for one or the other? We DO NOT get a rental car and rely on Disney Transportation.

I've never done SSR so I can't comment on it. At OKW, there is a bus stop in each village. I think in all of my stays there (and this includes Mary, the girls and I and just hubby and I), we had issues with the bus only once.

I made it! We were in Evanston/Chicago this weekend (left straight from work on Friday) and had a fun weekend in your hometown--my brother lives there. Of course we had to drive downtown to visit the "Princess Store," aka Disney store and eat around the corner at Gino's. :thumbsup2

I love Gino's...haven't been in years though. How nice that you got to come and visit your brother.

Your girls are beautiful! I remember when I was Avery's age I was close to my ROBH (easier than typing it out) and being so scared I didn't truly get it until I was 12. I was a cheerleader, not a gymnast, though, and was learning on panel mats on top of a gym floor. :) I'm sure Cayley will nail it in no time!

That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard about your DH and learning the sewing. :goodvibes

Jeff is a good hubby! Just don't tell him I said that.

Welcome Mary! :thumbsup2

I don't even want to know what your tickets cost. I can't even fly out of Philly anymore because the price is so high. I can't even imagine what they cost from your next of the woods.

I love OKW. What a great resort, but I just saw pictures that they are remodeling the Gurgling suitcase and making it smaller. Is that possible???? :faint:

Although this is the "girls PTR", I had to share Mark's new shirt which he will proudly be wearing in September:

Our Arrival Day

I finally broke down yesterday and bought our airline tickets. They were outrageous, I may have to sell a body part or rob a bank. And no buying them months ago would not have helped.

Mary, I hear you on the price of tickets. I purchased mine several months ago and still thought they were high. Good thing I did buy them then. Today they are about $75 more than what I paid. And now that Cleveland Hopkins is no longer a hub for United I'm sure the prices will go up even more.

(Bye the way, you have much to be proud of with those girls. They may be talented as gymnasts, but they seemed to be amazing young ladies when I had the privilege of meeting you all back in December.)
:thumbsup2

Although this is the "girls PTR", I had to share Mark's new shirt which he will proudly be wearing in September:

Kathy, that is an awesome t-shirt. I need a few brownie points with my DW; Where did you get the shirt from? :rolleyes1

And, what did you think? Have you seen Saving Mr. Banks?

I actually saw Saving Mr. Banks int he theater. I enjoyed the film and wished I had seem Mary Poppins all the way through beforehand. I had a record book when I was a kid and probably saw bits and pieces of it but never all the way through all at one time.
So my next feat was watching Mary Poppins which I also enjoyed, so again I feel I need to in some way see Saving Mr. Banks again to enjoy it more.

I enjoyed Frozen. I can see why it is so popular. I enjoyed the music and do feel it is worthy of a repeat watch. And then even more repeats. :lmao:

I'm here nd finally caught up. I love your reports Kathy and Mary your girls are adorable and so talented. I remember talking to them at our dismeet in Dec. And that Cayley is just a bundle of energy:cool1:

Loving the plans, everyone! Sounds like a great way to spend arrival day. Mary, your girls are adorable, thanks for the intros!

I'm sitting here at work and just said "AWWWW!" out loud. :lovestruc That's so adorable! (I think my husband would love one too, actually! :rotfl: )

Kathy, I am hijacking your thread for one reason.......

It has taken me almost 6 years to reach this historic moment in time; and whose thread came to mind to share it with? Yours. I will now leave for work with now having reached 3,000 posts here on the DIS.
:rotfl2::rotfl:

It has taken me almost 6 years to reach this historic moment in time; and whose thread came to mind to share it with? Yours. I will now leave for work with now having reached 3,000 posts here on the DIS.

CONGRATS!!!

What a great Daddy to help with Sewing!!! I just love Mark's shirt too!!!

Good luck on the tumbling -spinny- throw your back out- jump- thing she is working on!!! :thumbsup2 I am sure she will do great!

I'm here, late as usual, due to no DIS time lately! :rotfl2: Wow, another girl's trip, sounds awesome! :cool1: Staying at OKW looks like so much fun, such a pretty, peaceful resort!

And Mary, every time I see pictures of your two girls they are more and more adorable! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more plans for this trip!

Your arrival day plans sound great! I love the picture of you and the girls on the ME bus, all smiling faces! What a great new shirt for Mark too :)

And my little princess is doing well - growing too fast for me to keep up!

MaryAz said:
Avery asked for a sewing machine for her birthday. My Mom was a big sewer/quilter when she was alive. Me not so much at all. So Jeff is in charge of teaching her. He was on You Tube this weekend looking things up and watching tutorials. So cute.
That is so excellent for Avery and her Daddy

KatMark said:
I've never done SSR so I can't comment on it.
We have stayed at SSR but never Okw..no bus issues, but we do opt to drive fairly often. I do know we were first stop picked up and dropped off, but it didn't seem as long of an internal route as when we stayed at CBR

KatMark said:

http://s209.photobucket.com/user/Lu...stling004/disneyprincess_zps76ba3be4.jpg.html
this is awesome!!

goofy4prez said:

It has taken me almost 6 years to reach this historic moment in time; and whose thread came to mind to share it with? Yours. I will now leave for work with now having reached 3,000 posts here on the DIS. :rotfl2::rotfl:

Congratulations, and it is an awesome choice of thread to post on :)

Wow, the girls are sure growing up! It's cool to see the older pics :goodvibes

OKW! Looks beautiful!!!! Y'all will have a blast!!!

Good luck to Cayley with her flip!!!

Airfare is just crazy coming from the west coast, just one more reason to get back on the east coast :)

I love OKW. What a great resort, but I just saw pictures that they are remodeling the Gurgling suitcase and making it smaller. Is that possible???? :faint:

Say what? How can they make it any smaller? You can fit maybe four people at the bar and the two tiny tables they have now? UGH! They just better not get rid of our Turtle Krawl!

Kathy, that is an awesome t-shirt. I need a few brownie points with my DW; Where did you get the shirt from? :rolleyes1

Thanks, Bob! I couldn't resist and I know Mark will wear it. I PM'd you where I got it from.

Finally made it here.

:wave2: Esther; I'm so happy you are here. :goodvibes

I actually saw Saving Mr. Banks int he theater. I enjoyed the film and wished I had seem Mary Poppins all the way through beforehand. I had a record book when I was a kid and probably saw bits and pieces of it but never all the way through all at one time.
So my next feat was watching Mary Poppins which I also enjoyed, so again I feel I need to in some way see Saving Mr. Banks again to enjoy it more.

You had never seen the entire Mary Poppins? I'm in shock! I'm glad you now watched it in full.

I enjoyed Frozen. I can see why it is so popular. I enjoyed the music and do feel it is worthy of a repeat watch. And then even more repeats. :lmao:

I've watched it twice since we got the DVD. My husband, when bored at work, sends me emails and says: "Do you want to build a snowman?" :lmao::lmao:

I'm here nd finally caught up. I love your reports Kathy and Mary your girls are adorable and so talented. I remember talking to them at our dismeet in Dec. And that Cayley is just a bundle of energy:cool1:

Thanks, Judy, and always good to have you with us. Yes, Cayley most certainly is a bundle of energy; she wears me out!

Loving the plans, everyone! Sounds like a great way to spend arrival day. Mary, your girls are adorable, thanks for the intros!

Thanks, Wendy.

I'm sitting here at work and just said "AWWWW!" out loud. :lovestruc That's so adorable! (I think my husband would love one too, actually! :rotfl: )

We have good men in our lives.

Bob, I am flattered and honored that you chose to post your 3000th post on my thread. Thank you, my friend.:hug:

CONGRATS!!!

You are too funny Mo.

Thanks; I can't wait until he wears it. I'll be sure that we see a Princess that day.

Good luck on the tumbling -spinny- throw your back out- jump- thing she is working on!!! :thumbsup2 I am sure she will do great!

I haven't seen anything posted on FB. I'll message Mary later to see how Cayley did.

I'm here, late as usual, due to no DIS time lately! :rotfl2: Wow, another girl's trip, sounds awesome! :cool1: Staying at OKW looks like so much fun, such a pretty, peaceful resort!

Jen, so happy you are here. We really love OKW and it really works out well for the four of us.

And Mary, every time I see pictures of your two girls they are more and more adorable! :thumbsup2

I agree.

Can't wait to read more plans for this trip!

Hopefully I'll get an update done tomorrow.

Your arrival day plans sound great! I love the picture of you and the girls on the ME bus, all smiling faces! What a great new shirt for Mark too :)

Thanks; that is one of my all-time favorite pics of me and the girls. Loved surprising them for that first trip. Mark's shirt is the best!

And my little princess is doing well - growing too fast for me to keep up!

Unfortunately, they have a tendency of doing that. :(

this is awesome!!

Thanks!

Congratulations, and it is an awesome choice of thread to post on :)

You are very sweet, Jeanette.

Wow, the girls are sure growing up! It's cool to see the older pics :goodvibes

They really are; and I would really like them to stop it right now. :rotfl2:

OKW! Looks beautiful!!!! Y'all will have a blast!!!

We really love the resort. It has a great pool too.

Airfare is just crazy coming from the west coast, just one more reason to get back on the east coast :)

I think we should all just move to Florida and then we don't have to worry about airfare at all.

think we should all just move to Florida and then we don't have to worry about airfare at all.

Don't think I could survive summers in Florida, thinking maybe NE if Megan gets into a college there, we love that area of the country

Don't think I could survive summers in Florida, thinking maybe NE if Megan gets into a college there, we love that area of the country

I'll have no problem with the summers as long as I have AC and a pool. :)

Thanks for all the nice comments about the girls. I am very blessed :) Cayley is hoping to achieve a big skill in the gym today-the round off back handspring!! It is really the stepping stone for all her tumbling passes for Trampoline and Tumbling. She has had the ability to do one for about a month but fear has held her back. She tried one on Sat but wants to do it for her favorite coach today.

Go for it Girl!

This is a great skill to have - my grandmother taught me to sew many, many years ago and I've passed the skills onto my girls. If you are looking for a rather inexpensive machine, I can recommend the Singer Promise from Target. Its less than $100 and will serve well as a machine to learn on. I have one that I take with me when I travel. The owner of the salon where I get my hair done was looking for a machine for her granddaughters and I showed her mine. She bought 2 of them and the girls love them.

CONGRATS!!!

Mo, you crack me up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter