Ghosts (friendly) in Walt Disney World ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Any rumors or seen ghosts in Walt Disney World ?

I have heard at Pirates of Caribbean, the CM's say hello to 'George' when the rides opens and the rides works great all day. George was a worker who died when the ride was being buildt. A friendly gentleman who likes a hello in the morning.

Any other rides who get a hello from the CM's ?

ive never heard that before! but thats very interesting! hoping more people add to this post! :goodvibes

the story is that George was a maintenance worker on POTC and died there (apparently falling 4 stories from a ladder).

some of the stories are:

if the CMs dont say good morning or good night to him the ride will break down.

if you say his name three times or say "george isnt real" while riding, the ride will break down or something unusual will happen.

apparently one or more of the pirates were made in his likeness.

personally, our party said his name three times and nothing happened :)

if you say his name three times or say "george isnt real" while riding, the ride will break down or something unusual will happen.

personally, our party said his name three times and nothing happened :)

Golly, I respect that stuff enough to never trifle with it. I figure, leave the supernatural alone.

Always love a good ghost story, so I'm subbing popcorn::

Never heard the story about George before. If true, I hope his spirit found peace seeing all the families enjoying their ride on PoTC :)

Thank you Disneynutsss for the clarification of POTC,

Next time we ride POTC - we will say 'George, May God Bless you and Keep you'. We hope Goerge's Soul returns to Heaven.
A Hail Mary prayer may also help George's lost Soul.:worship:

you're welcome. there are a few interesting articles on the internet that have more "adaptations" to them. google it, u wont be disappointed.

i will have to remember to "talk" to george again when i go. :)

this is on psychicpen website:

But the following are true accounts of guest and employee reports as to the haunting of Disney World -

- George is a ghost said to haunt the area of the Pirates of te Caribbean. It's said a beam fell on him and killed him.

"The ghost's presence has been acknowledged so well that the employees say good morning to him at the start of the day, as well as say good night to him at the end of the workday. If he is not respected, the attraction has been known to shut off on its own"
- Employees have been known to talk about a ghost that haunts the Tower of Terror. He walks about when there are no guests.

- A young blond girl has been spotted at the Spaceship Earth area at Epcot Center. She rides a car, sometimes with a young boy who is found around her

Knew about George, but not the Blonde girl on Spaceship Earth!:scared1:

1) We have ALWAYS said hello to George when we ride.
2) This tale has spread among the CM's pretty well.
3) It always brings us good luck
. . . we never wait long
. . . we haven't had a ride break down
. . . the pirate ship always misses us with their cannons
. . . no wenches have chased our boat

Thank you Disneynutsss for the clarification of POTC,

Next time we ride POTC - we will say 'George, May God Bless you and Keep you'. We hope Goerge's Soul returns to Heaven.
A Hail Mary prayer may also help George's lost Soul.:worship:

Wait, You mean getting to hang around Disney every day ISN'T Heaven?!? :eek::eek:

I remember reading that the Haunted Mansion is actually haunted. People have spotted ghosts down that long hallway and alot of other weird things. I think their is a website on it.

I believe I read in "Realityland" (the book - excellent behind the scenes WDW book btw) that the George story is legend rather than truth; the book goes into some detail about actual worker accidents and such.

In other words, it's true that CMs believe the story, but it's not true that a worker named George ever died at POTC.

1) We have ALWAYS said hello to George when we ride.
2) This tale has spread among the CM's pretty well.
3) It always brings us good luck
. . . we never wait long
. . . we haven't had a ride break down
. . . the pirate ship always misses us with their cannons
. . . no wenches have chased our boat

I know many guys who might actually consider this to be bad luck rather than good..

I've heard the George story several times. On our last trip I tried saying George 3 times:rotfl: and of course nothing happened. I have read report of people being tapped or having their hair pulled. There was also a story I read quite a while back about the ghost at the haunted mansion. They claimed to have taken a picture near the coffin with the lid going up and down and there was a dark figure in the pic that they did not see while on the ride. The photo is posted somewhere in the masiveness of the internet it's actually really creepy looking. I'll try to find it and post a link. In the meantime go to doombuggies.com click on tales there are tons of stories from cast members and guests. It's fun reading.

Tina

When I worked on Sunset, I used to be scared to death when I had to walk around by the shop/exit at ToT and around the queue area when all the guests were gone and no other CM's were around.... I am so glad I did not know about the ToT ghost then otherwise I probably would have refused to do my job!:eek:

When I worked on Sunset, I used to be scared to death when I had to walk around by the shop/exit at ToT and around the queue area when all the guests were gone and no other CM's were around.... I am so glad I did not know about the ToT ghost then otherwise I probably would have refused to do my job!:eek:

It's really creepy back there. :scared1: DD and I were in the gift shop a little after closing on a night where the park closed at 11 p.m. or midnight, and we were really freaked out at how removed it feels from everything else.

It's really creepy back there. :scared1: DD and I were in the gift shop a little after closing on a night where the park closed at 11 p.m. or midnight, and we were really freaked out at how removed it feels from everything else.

Its so quite and dark back there and the scary tower at the side of you does not help at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter