Ghosts (friendly) in Walt Disney World ?

Like anyone telling a personal ghost story would say, I promise that the following did occur and to this day my wife can't discuss it without freaking out.

In 2008, my DW and I were celebrating our 8th annual honeymoon at WDW. One of the first nights we were there, we were having dinner with a few of our friends that work as imagineers. We all go way way back and love to mess with each other, sometimes with little regard of how far we are taking things. I told one of my friends about a sour experience I had when showing my DW the "wedding ring" outside the haunted mansion and a cast member came up "you know that is fake..." and asked us to keep moving. This started us off on a discussion about Disney "urban legends". We talked about George, the two women on POTC, the man with canes... One of our friends talked about the effect the Kingdom Keepers series has had on the parks.

We are laughing and having a good time and then he gets really serious and talks about "strange occurrences" that are reported by cast members to management. He talks about how things really get creepy around halloween... having read the kingdom keepers series I knew he was taking us on a self invented journey. He told us about CM's refusing to be in by themselves in any of the rides open during MNSSHP because of "strange occurrences". He told us a lot of other things but later in the conversation we mentioned that we'd be attending MNSSHP the following day and invited him to come along so we could ghost hunt. He reminded us he was leaving town to the following morning.

Okay skipping to MNSSHP, I think it was during or just after the parade and we headed back to ride HM. There were people getting pictures out front and we stopped and bantered with the ghost woman sitting on the lawn. My DW joked with me that no one had been going into the ride and we'd have it all to ourselves. The doors were open and there was one CM standing in the entry and she said something like "thank goodness, this place totally creeps me out at night" (completely breaking character). We enter the stretching room, just the three of us, and she holds my DW hand. At the point where the lights go out and lightning flickers my DW SCREAM, then the CM screams and says "OMG I am sorry you scared me" to my wife. I turn my head and see a man walking around the edge of the stretching room staring back at us. My DW moves in the opposite direction to try and stay away from him. The lights come back on and the doors open and she bolts through the door dragging me along. I looked back to see only the female CM looking at us like we were crazy.

We joked about it throughout the ride and wondered where the other CM had hide that we didn't see him when we entered. We exited the ride and headed down to POTC. When exiting POTC we stopped in the shop to look at something my DW wanted to take home to my daughters. I looked up and saw the same man from the stretching room staring back at us over a display on the other side of the store. When I pointed him out to my wife he walked back toward the bathroom and we lost sight of him. I suggested we go corner him but she wanted to run away. We headed back toward main street and entered the shops by passing through Casey's Corner. WE SAW HIM AGAIN! This time he was standing by a CM only door and as a women went through the door he he went through as well. So we wait and when the woman comes back out I ask her about him and she looks at me like I am not making sense. She tells me she didn't see anyone follow her into the back.

So I was convinced my friend had set this whole thing up, of course he swears he had nothing to do with it and blames me for taunting the supernatural. The more my DW and I talk about it, the more we think it would have been impossible for our friend to have pulled off... but if he did BRAVO!

Hi
I've also read stories on here about rooms at Pop being haunted. Clothes hangers moving by themselves and the people in the room weren't even near the hangers. They were lying in bed watching them move.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this thread! Can't wait to get there and "ghost hunt!" Keep those creepy stories a'comin!

Hi
I've also read stories on here about rooms at Pop being haunted. Clothes hangers moving by themselves and the people in the room weren't even near the hangers. They were lying in bed watching them move.

I have had this occur to me both at POP and at two homes that i have lived in.

Both of those homes have something in common with POP.

They were located very close to a major highway.

I suspect that it's just low level ground vibrations causing the action.

At least thats what i want to believe :woohoo:

Okay... first a few disclaimers.
1. I am not making this up. It happened last September. There were three others with me and several other strangers too.
2. Although I haven't been to WDW as often as others (see siggie), I have ridden POC a few times and know what to expect.
3. I'm not making any claims about anything... I'll leave it up to you gentle reader. :goodvibes

Here goes...

When I and my family last visited MK, we went to ride POC. It was notable because on our previous visit, my DDs (then 4 & 8, now an oh so grown up 8 & 12) refused to ride because it looked too scary. I was very pleased that now they wanted to ride, 'cause I knew they'd enjoy it. As we made our way inside, I told the girls about "George", as I had read about him on the DIS (that'd be you folks reading this :goodvibes). Just as we were getting close to the boats, I jokingly asked a CM, "How's George been today?" At first he didn't know who I was talking about, I felt kinda dumb, so I explained that I'd "sort of heard of a ghost named George who lived (died? rests? occupies? what is the right word for that? No fair saying 'haunts') in POC. Sudden understanding dawned on the CM's face and he told me that, "George was good." or something to that effect. We got in the boat and sat... and sat... okay, a little delay, no biggie. Suddenly the boat is violently rocked as if a bull had struck it. It was hard enough that a few people almost (but not quite) lost their seats. There were several nervous queries of, "Is it supposed to do that?" followed by a rather emphatic series of, "No!" Afterwards the ride progressed without incident.

Draw your own conclusions.

Walts_Ghost2.JPG

My boyfriend and I had a bit of a run-in with George on POTC...

When we went to WDW this past July, we rode POTC a couple of times the day we went to MK. The first time, we basically walked onto the ride, and most of the ride went very smoothly. However, in the scene with the burning town, the boats stopped. After a minute or so, my boyfriend and I both asked out loud for George to help us. Almost instantly, the boats started moving again.

It could have just been good timing on our part, but we like to believe that we had a friend helping us out:goodvibes

Any rumors or seen ghosts in Walt Disney World ?

I have heard at Pirates of Caribbean, the CM's say hello to 'George' when the rides opens and the rides works great all day. George was a worker who died when the ride was being buildt. A friendly gentleman who likes a hello in the morning.

Any other rides who get a hello from the CM's ?

Ive heard the same thing about the Revenge of the Mummy Ride at Universal. If they dont say Hi to Gerge, then the ride wont work right all day. Also, if someone touches a certain prop, in the same ride, the ride wont work right all day either.

Like anyone telling a personal ghost story would say, I promise that the following did occur and to this day my wife can't discuss it without freaking out.

In 2008, my DW and I were celebrating our 8th annual honeymoon at WDW. One of the first nights we were there, we were having dinner with a few of our friends that work as imagineers. We all go way way back and love to mess with each other, sometimes with little regard of how far we are taking things. I told one of my friends about a sour experience I had when showing my DW the "wedding ring" outside the haunted mansion and a cast member came up "you know that is fake..." and asked us to keep moving. This started us off on a discussion about Disney "urban legends". We talked about George, the two women on POTC, the man with canes... One of our friends talked about the effect the Kingdom Keepers series has had on the parks.

We are laughing and having a good time and then he gets really serious and talks about "strange occurrences" that are reported by cast members to management. He talks about how things really get creepy around halloween... having read the kingdom keepers series I knew he was taking us on a self invented journey. He told us about CM's refusing to be in by themselves in any of the rides open during MNSSHP because of "strange occurrences". He told us a lot of other things but later in the conversation we mentioned that we'd be attending MNSSHP the following day and invited him to come along so we could ghost hunt. He reminded us he was leaving town to the following morning.

Okay skipping to MNSSHP, I think it was during or just after the parade and we headed back to ride HM. There were people getting pictures out front and we stopped and bantered with the ghost woman sitting on the lawn. My DW joked with me that no one had been going into the ride and we'd have it all to ourselves. The doors were open and there was one CM standing in the entry and she said something like "thank goodness, this place totally creeps me out at night" (completely breaking character). We enter the stretching room, just the three of us, and she holds my DW hand. At the point where the lights go out and lightning flickers my DW SCREAM, then the CM screams and says "OMG I am sorry you scared me" to my wife. I turn my head and see a man walking around the edge of the stretching room staring back at us. My DW moves in the opposite direction to try and stay away from him. The lights come back on and the doors open and she bolts through the door dragging me along. I looked back to see only the female CM looking at us like we were crazy.

We joked about it throughout the ride and wondered where the other CM had hide that we didn't see him when we entered. We exited the ride and headed down to POTC. When exiting POTC we stopped in the shop to look at something my DW wanted to take home to my daughters. I looked up and saw the same man from the stretching room staring back at us over a display on the other side of the store. When I pointed him out to my wife he walked back toward the bathroom and we lost sight of him. I suggested we go corner him but she wanted to run away. We headed back toward main street and entered the shops by passing through Casey's Corner. WE SAW HIM AGAIN! This time he was standing by a CM only door and as a women went through the door he he went through as well. So we wait and when the woman comes back out I ask her about him and she looks at me like I am not making sense. She tells me she didn't see anyone follow her into the back.

So I was convinced my friend had set this whole thing up, of course he swears he had nothing to do with it and blames me for taunting the supernatural. The more my DW and I talk about it, the more we think it would have been impossible for our friend to have pulled off... but if he did BRAVO!

I would be super freaked out to be in the stretching room at HM with only a few other people. I know the ride is all in good fun, but it still creeps me out a bit.

Your experiences gave me shivers as I read it!! :)

This is silverhaze269's girlfriend writing this, just so you know, :rotfl: but I have a "ghost story" of sorts at Disneyworld, though it was more than a little spooky. :scared1:

I was at Disney with my aunt in 2008, my second-last trip, when something a little odd happened on the Dinosaur ride in the animal kingdom. I got on, I was in the second seat in from the left, and an old man sat next to me. Pretty nondescript old guy--nothing fancy about his clothes, had grey hair and a short beard, and was wearing a ballcap, which he didn't take off. What was weird from the get go is throughout the whole ride he did NOT react to anything. Dinosaur is a pretty shaky, loud ride, and usually y'know...there's laughing and shouting and ...reactions to stuff. This guy hung on, but kept the same bland look on his face the entire time, didn't react, smile, or anything. Okay, maybe just a weird old man.

When we got off the ride I went to check the ride photos they snap of you partway through, and when ours came up, it looked like the old man had no eyes. He did NOT have sunglasses on during the ride, or even normal glasses, and there was NOTHING wrong with his eyes when he got on, but in that photo, there was nothing but black all around where his eyes should've been. :eek: Also, he was looking straight ahead in the photo--not at the dinosaur/camera--and again, bland expression. My aunt saw the photo too, and agreed it was way weird and way spooky. Also, she says she never saw him getting off the ride--he didn't pass us, and wasn't behind us. Now granted we weren't looking for him at the time, but...eep.

But yeah, kinda creepy, always wondered what was up with him.

A custodial CM once told me that the ghosts of several people who were executed for kidnapping, molesting, and murdering young children hang out in the bathrooms in Fantasyland. Apparently they like to watch the children use the bathroom. Spooky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter