Ghosts (friendly) in Walt Disney World ?

I heard of the ghost 'George' that hangs at Pirates. When I boarded my boat the last time I was there in March, I asked if George was happy today and the CMs responded that he was happy - so far! But they all knew who I was talking about and the poor child in front of me got a bit freaked out that there was a 'real' ghost. But hey, I had fun with the CMs and I didn't dare spook George even if it isn't 'true'. Why mess with it???

We many have been on POTC one time when George wasn't happy. My daughter and I went on in the am on a trip in 2000, the entire ride was not working but the boats took you through. The lights were on an CMs were in various locations singing the song! It really was a little weird. The first time back in 1976 when I was in line for Space Mountain, that ride shut down with people on it and it, too, was all lit up. I have my own personal ghost stories experience, but none relating to WDW !

First trip to the world me and my mom took tons of photos every where and had a Park Fare dinner that night. When we looked back at the photos of not only that dinner but of the photos of the Grand Flordian we took while waiting, and of Spectro Magic there were orbs in some pics, and none in others. They weren't dust since we had pics of the same things on two cameras. Mine had the orbs. Mom's didn't.

First trip to the world me and my mom took tons of photos every where and had a Park Fare dinner that night. When we looked back at the photos of not only that dinner but of the photos of the Grand Flordian we took while waiting, and of Spectro Magic there were orbs in some pics, and none in others. They weren't dust since we had pics of the same things on two cameras. Mine had the orbs. Mom's didn't.

Still dust different location, light, angle, no orb, no ghost.

BOO!

Still dust different location, light, angle, no orb, no ghost.

BOO!

Yea, I wasn't gonna say it, but I agree Pirates...

Personally, too many things can make orbs. Dust, moisture, insects, ect can all show as an orb. As such, they usually get thrown out. "When in doubt, throw it out" as many a group says. Unless both pictures were taken at the exact same time, from the exact same spot, at the exact same angle, with the exact same camera settings... then one of them can show dust orbs when the other does not.

Just a little supernatural photography information.

I have a few of my own just not at Disney. But we will be sure to say hello to all at ToT and PoTC.

I have my own ghost story.

A few summers ago, my family (My mom, my dad, my older brother, and myself) vacationed with my brother's fiancee's family. We were staying at Old Key West in one of the DVC villas.

It was late morning, my dad was out golfing, my mom was in the shower in their bedroom, my brother was watching TV, and I was just getting out of the shower. Us 3 were the only ones in the room, no way anyone else could have gotten in.

I had just finished my shower and the bathroom mirror was fogged up from the steam. I went to go throw something out in the kitchen bathroom, and as I was walking back to the bathroom when I sneezed. I walked back into the bathroom, and "Bless You" was written on the bathroom mirror. There was no way anyone could have snuck into the bathroom after I sneezed and written that. Plus it wasn't like my family's handwriting.

This is not a lie, I'm just thankful I had a friendly ghost, and not an evil one who wrote "die" all over the mirror! :goodvibes

Also, I would like to mention the Haunted Mansion was closed for refurb at the time. I'm guessing all those 999 Happy Haunts had to vacate for the refurb, and they had to go somewhere... ;)

Did you at least say thank you..its not often that someone is nice enough to offer you a bless you after you sneeze these days.:rotfl:

It is supposedly not un-ordinary for family members or friends to dump the ashes of the recently deceased into the Haunted Mansion. I've found a website before where cast members who have worked at the Haunted Mansion (and I will try to find it and post it here) have talked about how creepy the Haunted Mansion actually is.

haha i have always told my family members that after get cremated i want my ashes spread in the flower beds on mainstreet :P

It goes without saying that George is probably the most famous resident ghost of Disney world. If I might add to the rumors though, I have also heard that George died during the construction of the Haunted Mansion, same stories, different attraction. I've also read that (whichever ride it may be POTC/HM) cast members have to say 'Good morning George' as the ride opens or the ride will malfunction all day, and same goes at closing 'Goodnight George' or the ride will malfunction all the next day.

Another one has also already been mentioned, the girl that rides Spaceship Earth.

At night time or after closing as everyone is leaving the park (Magic Kingdom) there is said to have been some sightings of a tan figure walking in front of the castle. Some say it's Walt, but if Walt was still roaming around i'd think it would be in Disneyland. Who knows though?

There is also a story among cast members that around the Tower of Terror at off hours there is a man walking around, usually the wrong way (about to enter a cast member only area near the gift shop area) he does not respond to calls and disappears.

I've even read of a couple that was thought to be seen swimming towards the old Discovery Island and when security catches up to where they should be they are not there.

And of course there are countless sightings and stories of orbs and apparitions walking around Main Street USA, Tomorrowland, Frontierland, my favorites though come from the Haunted Mansion.

It is supposedly not un-ordinary for family members or friends to dump the ashes of the recently deceased into the Haunted Mansion. I've found a website before where cast members who have worked at the Haunted Mansion (and I will try to find it and post it here) have talked about how creepy the Haunted Mansion actually is.

A few instances..... Before the new load of people come out of the stretching room and the cast member(s) are by themselves they sometimes feel their hair being tugged on, or the feeling of somebody bumping into them, and some claim to have even seen an old man in one of the doom buggies coming back through and when they call the exit cast member to ask about him, they say they never sent anybody through. Also, there is supposed to be a little girl that sometimes exits the ride at the end and disappears before getting to the end of the moving sidewalk.

I hope these stories and accounts have added to the conversation, and as soon as I find the website(s) i'll post them ASAP.
Thanks for posting this. I had heard that CM's at the Haunted Mansion experience odd things but detail is great. Isn't there also supposed to be a boy ghost or am I thinking of something else?

If it's true that the haunted mansion was really haunted, that would be such a wild ride. Where can we get more details about this?

noah

great post anthony :)

I'm curious about the girl that haunts spaceship earth. Is there a legend about who she is or why she chooses to visit SSE?

the story is that George was a maintenance worker on POTC and died there (apparently falling 4 stories from a ladder).

some of the stories are:

if the CMs dont say good morning or good night to him the ride will break down.

if you say his name three times or say "george isnt real" while riding, the ride will break down or something unusual will happen.

apparently one or more of the pirates were made in his likeness.

personally, our party said his name three times and nothing happened :)

In 2007, we went to WDW and I had just read about George on DIS and I totally had to do it!

While on PotC, my ex-DH and myself said George 3 times really quietly under our breathe as we were getting into our boat. We made it through the first 2 rooms and then BAM! The entire ride shuts down. It was so bad that we were stuck there for over half an hour, the lights had to be turned on and the CMs were hanging out over the railings.

So needless to say, we just said hello to George from then-on... :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter