FYI RE: "Double Dipping"

We will be checking into AoA Oct 5th and have our FP+ booked for every day in the parks. I have been told by every CM I spoke to that I can also use traditional FP's. I don't feel bad at all using a system offered to me by WDW. I'd be silly not to.

Any update on using KTTW for FP at Animal Kingdom? We are planning to hop on our AK day. Wish I could make 1 FP+ at AK and 2 for other park. Hoping I might be able to pull 1 FP- while there but read that a few people recently were not able to get them at AK. Thanks, Tammy

As far as I know, we will be able to use our KTTW card at every park along with FP+. Is there information to the contrary?

TammyC said:
Any update on using KTTW for FP at Animal Kingdom? We are planning to hop on our AK day. Wish I could make 1 FP+ at AK and 2 for other park. Hoping I might be able to pull 1 FP- while there but read that a few people recently were not able to get them at AK.

Thanks,
Tammy

We were able to use expired KTTW cards at AK last Saturday to pull FP for EE, Dinosaur & Kali. I imagine that if THAT method works, your current/active cards will continue to work as well.

I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if we should use the KTTW card to enter AK so that our FP will work there? Conversely if we do that will our FP+not work on our bands because we didnt enter the park using that?

This is what I was thinking. Most of our FP+ are for the evenings. I was thinking about using our KTTW card to enter the parks in the morning (in park 1) and then use our MBs in the evenings (park 2). Just to make sure that we can pull FPs in the morning.

As far as I know, we will be able to use our KTTW card at every park along with FP+. Is there information to the contrary?

When I called yesterday, the CM I spoke to told me that you are not "supposed" to do both the fastpass plus and regular fastpass but if you are able to do it, then there is nothing they can do about it. It seems that it depends on who you talk to. So strange.

We were just there came back on Monday. We were able to pull extra fast passes with no problem. We had room keys from past visits that also pulled fast passes, it was not busy so we did not need to do this often.

We also asked at Guest relations about using your ticket to enter vs. your magic band and they are connected so if you enter using your KTTK card vs. your maigc band your band is still active and the opposite would also be the same.

We had no problem pulling fast passes with our Annual passes and our room keys. :)

When I called yesterday, the CM I spoke to told me that you are not "supposed" to do both the fastpass plus and regular fastpass but if you are able to do it, then there is nothing they can do about it. It seems that it depends on who you talk to. So strange.

Actually if you were getting the same exact story from every CM you talked to on the phone, that would make it strange.

We were just there came back on Monday. We were able to pull extra fast passes with no problem. We had room keys from past visits that also pulled fast passes, it was not busy so we did not need to do this often.

We also asked at Guest relations about using your ticket to enter vs. your magic band and they are connected so if you enter using your KTTK card vs. your maigc band your band is still active and the opposite would also be the same.

We had no problem pulling fast passes with our Annual passes and our room keys. :)

I was looking for this exact information this morning. I have an AP and do not have a package booked, so my admission media will not be on my room key. I was wondering if my AP would be able to pull FPs if I use my MB for admission. Looks like it would. As well as the room key that doesn't have any ticket media attached to it?

I'm not too concerned with "double dipping"... Im more concerned with getting FPs at a park that I don't have my FP+ linked to. Yes, I know, this will eventually go away.. yada yada yada. But I will take advantage of it as long as I can.

The bands are fabulous in my opinion (here now). I don't get what all the griping is for, especially from those who have yet to try them. We have been here for 5 days and haven't had a single problem. I love the fp+ (and yes u can double dip with kttw). If u have a smart phone, well, it's even more fantastic. We had to go to first aid on Monday. I knew we were going to miss our fp for Buzz, so with a couple of key strokes, I changed the time. Simple. Of course there be glitches but as far as I'm concerned the benefits far exceed any so-called hours-long hassles.

You can still use the AP card, I had to today. My MB somehow "forgot" it had my AP on it, so it was a good thing I had the card on me! :)

We are 4/4 so far in having to go to Guest Relations for different issues each day. At least we're patient, and enjoying the tech :) Excited for our BOG fastpasses tomorrow. I'll be happy to try to answer anyone else's questions about our experiences :)

The 4/4 sucks dude. I don't want that to happen on my trip. What if they send you to GR and there is a 45 minute line? That's unacceptable if you ask me.

I have a question - we received our MB's on Friday (yay!) and check in on the 26th. Will we need to ask for KTTW cards if we already have our bands, in order to double dip? Or will they automatically give them to us?

The bands are fabulous in my opinion (here now). I don't get what all the griping is for, especially from those who have yet to try them. We have been here for 5 days and haven't had a single problem. I love the fp+ (and yes u can double dip with kttw). If u have a smart phone, well, it's even more fantastic. We had to go to first aid on Monday. I knew we were going to miss our fp for Buzz, so with a couple of key strokes, I changed the time. Simple. Of course there be glitches but as far as I'm concerned the benefits far exceed any so-called hours-long hassles.

it's been said a zillion times but OF COURSE you love it, only a fraction of guests are using it. when it's fully rolled out and everyone is using it that FP time you want to switch to probably won't be there.

I have a question - we received our MB's on Friday (yay!) and check in on the 26th. Will we need to ask for KTTW cards if we already have our bands, in order to double dip? Or will they automatically give them to us?

They will give them to you for backup

Been here for 8 days so far and haven't had one problem getting FP- with MagicBands. Not one CM complaint. Just smiles and have funs!

Sorry if this has been asked, but do old room keys work if they are not RF enabled?

There was a post or two here that they were not working at AK one day last week.

Tammy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter