funniest moments!

In December 2009, we were having a wonderful meal at Les Chefs de France. My mother and I noticed that Remy was making the rounds, and told my grandmother that the Chef would soon be at our table! By the time Remy and the handler make it to the table, we had received our meals and my grandmother is raving about how delicious the side was! The chef comes to the table, and the dome is lifted... grannie let out a bit of a shriek! :rotfl: Then she realizes Remy's not leaving his dish, she compliments the handler, raving about the side! "This is DELICIOUS! What is it?!" "Ratatouille!" "No no, what is it? in AMERICAN?"

:lmao::rotfl:

October 2010 - we were waiting on curb near MK exit because we had an appointment for Haunted Carriage Ride at Fort Wilderness. We could watch MSEP, but would miss Wishes. My fiance and I are waiting, and waiting.. and he starts asking if I want a picture with the castle. "NO! We have perfect seats right here, next to the exit, so we can just hop the boat to FW after MSEP!"
The poor guy wouldn't let up. So I finally got so frustrated that I went to City Hall to find out where to go after getting off ferry.
As soon as I get back, he keeps going on about getting a stinkin' picture with the castle. WTH?! We are RIGHT at the exit, right at the front.. perfect spot.
20 minutes before the parade is to start, he asks, "Are you SURE you don't want a picture with the castle?!"
I snapped back, "FINE! We can get a picture with the stupid castle, lose our great spot for the parade, you won't see your beloved Elliot, and it's not like this is our last night in Magic Kingdom - this is only our FIRST NIGHT! BUT FINE! LETS TAKE A PICTURE!"
We find the first photopass person on Main Street.
And he asked me to marry him. :sad2::sad2: Poor guy. :lmao::lmao::lmao:
(Not to mention, earlier he started freaking out about asking. He called his sister to get advice or just get a pep talk or whatever... she answered the phone, "What do you want?!" :rotfl: He couldn't win that day!)
Of course we went BACK to City Hall to get Just Engaged buttons, and were asked if we had set a date! :rotfl:

On our first trip-2007. We had done some shopping at Downtown Disney and one of the things we bought was a Pluto bandana for our black lab, Tinkerbell. This nice older lady was talking to DD3 about it, as my daughter was playing with it. She asks a few questions and then asks "what kind of dog is it?" and DD replies "stupid". I could have killed DH at that moment for always calling the dog that. Now that's our answer though for any kind of dog breed. Poor Tink!

I thought of another one. We were in line for Soarin' and the pre-flight video, featuring Patrick Warburton (famous for Seinfeld, Emperor's New Groove, many other things) came on. The guy in front of us said "Hey, isn't that that waiter we had last night???"
We just died. :rotfl:
Now we can't ride Soarin' without saying "Hey, isn't that that waiter we had last night?"

I snapped back, "FINE! We can get a picture with the stupid castle, lose our great spot for the parade, you won't see your beloved Elliot, and it's not like this is our last night in Magic Kingdom - this is only our FIRST NIGHT! BUT FINE! LETS TAKE A PICTURE!"
We find the first photopass person on Main Street.
And he asked me to marry him. :sad2::sad2: Poor guy. :lmao::lmao::lmao:
(Not to mention, earlier he started freaking out about asking. He called his sister to get advice or just get a pep talk or whatever... she answered the phone, "What do you want?!" :rotfl: He couldn't win that day!)
Of course we went BACK to City Hall to get Just Engaged buttons, and were asked if we had set a date! :rotfl:

Oh, that is TOTALLY something I would have done. LOL Good thing we did WDW for our honeymoon, and not for an engagement. Dh wouldn't have been as patient as yours. :rotfl:

A couple years ago, I told my dad if he found the black and white park map, he would get fastpasses for a day for our entire family. I told him that the map is in epcot and is put in one of the front park map things at the start of everyday day. The language choosen is random. Well he made us get to the park bright and early that morning and he ran so fast to the maps, pulled out stacks and stacks and was telling other people about it. It was hillarious. My poor dad, we do some pretty mean things to him. I have it on video from a distance so you can not hear what he is saying, but his savage actions of him tearing through the maps are priceless.

That is hilarious!! I am going to have to use that one on my BFF when we go in November!! :woohoo:

A couple of years ago my young adult DD's were posing with Terk in a quiet, shady spot in AK. Terk motioned for them to crouch down and put their knuckles on the ground gorilla style. This led to a little too much skin showing out of my DD's v-neck. "Hey! There's no cleavage at Disney!" I remarked, which earned a face palm from Terk and a great photo.

Then in Dec. 2010 at MVMCP (remember how we all froze our tushies off?), we went in for pics with the princes. As (the same) DD was walking up to Phillip and Aurora, the princess complimented DD's Christmas shirt that she was wearing under her winter jacket. Of course, she pulls open her jacket so they can see it better and realizes that it appears that she just flashed the prince. :scared1: It took several minutes for DD and the prince to compose themselves and the photog just kept snapping away. Great series of pics!

Our first trip by son was two turnin three. For his birthday dinner we went to Chef Mickey's. My son was overtired and overstimulated and he earned a time out durin his b-day dinner (I can't remember why...but I ave the warning and then had to follow-through!);)

We went to the "lobby" area and he was in a corner of sort for his time out. Just a few seconds into it Donald came up and tapped him on the shoulder with his arms outstretched. While this is not a proud moment, I looked at Donald and said, "Donald, he is in a time out."

Donald looked hopeless for a moment while my brain caught up to the moment. I smiled and ave him the "oh go ahead" sign to which Donald gave my son quite the scolding (all in fun!)

To this day we say Donald saved the birthday :wizard:

Love it!

1) My Dad loved Disney, although due to my Mom's health issues, never visited WDW until after she passed away and he retired. They never did much traveling, so he was always in complete awe the handful of times we took him to WDW. On my Dad's second trip to WDW in 2000, AK had just opened recently, so it was our (my DH and myself) first visit as well. We had just rode the Safari and started to deboard. My Dad tried VERY hard to tip the driver! OMG! I was so embarrassed, and was trying to guide him off the ride. The CMs all thought it was SO funny!

Awesome! I want to meet your Dad :laughing:

Many yeas back, everyone was filing out of the MK after Wishes.

It had been an extremely hot August day. Iirc, it was 102 and so humid you wanted to die. What a miserable day.

It was still hot after Wishes.

One of the kids manning the exits was exclaiming, "Everybody's so happy! Everybody is SO HAPPY! Everyone - (points at me) Smiliiiiiiing! Oh, everyone so HAPPY!"

It was funny because everyone was slugging out of there so whipped and tired and miserable.

But the thing that made it REALLY funny was that he wasn't doing it in a condescending or sarcastic way. He was saying this stuff like it was true and like it filled him with such exuberant joy that the thrill had to be expressed. He was bursting with good cheer like Scrooge at the end of A Christmas Carol. Could have been on Broadway, that kid.

We were too tired to acknowledge it. I don't think I even smiled.

But we talked about it back in the room...

Maybe you had to be there. :blush:

:teeth: that is super cute!

A couple of years ago my young adult DD's were posing with Terk in a quiet, shady spot in AK. Terk motioned for them to crouch down and put their knuckles on the ground gorilla style. This led to a little too much skin showing out of my DD's v-neck. "Hey! There's no cleavage at Disney!" I remarked, which earned a face palm from Terk and a great photo.

Then in Dec. 2010 at MVMCP (remember how we all froze our tushies off?), we went in for pics with the princes. As (the same) DD was walking up to Phillip and Aurora, the princess complimented DD's Christmas shirt that she was wearing under her winter jacket. Of course, she pulls open her jacket so they can see it better and realizes that it appears that she just flashed the prince. :scared1: It took several minutes for DD and the prince to compose themselves and the photog just kept snapping away. Great series of pics!

OK - now we need to see the pics! I love this one. :lmao:

Our funny moment was August 2011 in Rafiki's Planet Watch in AK. One of my DDs loves Rafiki and was excited to see him there for a meet and greet. My DH waited on line with her and I waited to take the picture. When it was DDs turn, Rafiki kept motioning my husband to come over to get a picture. DH who is, shall we say, "hair challenged" finally agreed. As I went to snap the pic, Rafiki holds up his hand as if to say wait a minute. Then he pulled some of the white hair off the top of his costume and put it on DH's head! My DDs and I were laughing so hard we almost peed our pants! Every time we see a picture of Rafiki we crack up thinking about DHs new "wig"! :rotfl:

I took my godmother to Disney for the first time (ever)

We were in Canada my godmother was not sure who Koda was (has no clue about characters) and when Koda heard her, he started to choke her. Her reaction was priceless.

Myself, my mom & my son were alone in the Norway bathroom. In the bathroom was a fly, my son does not like bugs, any bugs at all. He said "Quick mom, give me 50 cent." I said "What for?" He said "So I can buy a shield and protect myself from the bug." He was leaned up against the "woman's" venting machine and 1 of the products name was "shield". :rotfl2: To this day I find it to be one of the funniest things ever to happen.

I though of another one. Just a short story tho
My friends and I were in Epcot, just crossing over the bridge toward Britain when this "cute" cleaning guy walks by us. The girls just stopped dead in their tracks, looked at each other, and ran after him!!! They even asked for his autograph! I couldn't stop laughing at them but I think they made the guys day.

I though of another one. Just a short story tho
My friends and I were in Epcot, just crossing over the bridge toward Britain when this "cute" cleaning guy walks by us. The girls just stopped dead in their tracks, looked at each other, and ran after him!!! They even asked for his autograph! I couldn't stop laughing at them but I think they made the guys day.

Are you sure it wasn't Bert from Mary Poppins?:rotfl:

A long time friend visited a few years ago and we spent the day at the MK. She had not seen the Buzz Lightyear attraction and I hadn't been on it in over a year and did not know that there was an area where your picture was taken. We went through the ride and saw a bright flash and thought nothing of it. When we got to the end, we saw the other rider's pictures and found that there was one of us- it was the most hysterical picture - here we were, 2 ladies in their mid-50's very very intent on shooting to gain points! We really were very intense and it showed on our faces. Everyone around us looking at the picture was laughing on how we looked.

So, we went around again, specifically looking at the camera the second time and when we saw the second picture - it was a big nothing. We bought the first picture and each one of us has it framed and displayed in our living room.

One of my favorites.
We are on the Friendship, going from Epcot to the Studio. There is a man and woman sitting in front of us.

The man, pointing to the Boardwalk, which hotel is that?
The woman, that is the Boardwalk.
The man, sure like to stay there sometime.
The woman, the only way you can stay there is if you work for Disney. That hotel is where Disney has the employees live.

???? It's crazy the "facts" people come up with about Disney!!

I have so many stories... but the one that stands out most in my mind was when I rode the Jungle Cruise for the first time as an adult (Sept 2008). I was right behind the skipper and he ragged me the WHOLE TIME. I was so embarrassed! And then when we were puling up to the dock he asks me if it's my first time at WDW. I say yes. He asks what my favorite ride is so far. I say Splash Mountain (being honest!). He dead-stops the boat, gets all up in my face and very seriously asks me AGAIN what my fav ride is. I "get it" and quickly and timidly respond Jungle Cruise. He starts the boat again and says something to extent of "Good. I was beginning to think you wanted to swim the rest of the way." LOL.

I've seen and heard a LOT of hilarious stuff around the World. The funniest things to me are the "facts" and reasons for things that guest come up with. It's nuts what people think they know!

???? It's crazy the "facts" people come up with about Disney!!

I have so many stories... but the one that stands out most in my mind was when I rode the Jungle Cruise for the first time as an adult (Sept 2009). I was right behind the skipper and he ragged me the WHOLE TIME. I was so embarrassed! And then when we were puling up to the dock he asks me if it's my first time at WDW. I say yes. He asks what my favorite ride is so far. I say Splash Mountain (being honest!). He dead-stops the boat, gets all up in my face and very seriously asks me AGAIN what my fav ride is. I "get it" and quickly and timidly respond Jungle Cruise. He starts the boat again and says something to extent of "Good. I was beginning to think you wanted to swim the rest of the way." LOL.

I've seen and heard a LOT of hilarious stuff around the World. The funniest things to me are the "facts" and reasons for things that guest come up with. It's nuts what people think they know!

:lmao::lmao:

My BEST story EVER. Can't believe I didn't think of this first!

Same trip as before (Sept 2008), Went to San Angel Inn with my friends (a married couple) and afterward we walked around WS. It was late. My friend's husband had an upset stomach and kept running into every bathroom we passed. We finally get all the way to UK and he takes off again while we go take pics at the red phone booths nearby.

After waiting a lil while my friend says out of nowhere, "Which side did Adam go in?" I said I wasn't sure. She looks horrified and says, "I think he went in the ladies." I tell her surely not, but let's go check. We take two steps into the women's and low and behold, what do we see under the 2ND stall doors? HER HUSBAND'S SHOES!! She practically runs out. She's dying. I'm dying... laughing. :rotfl2:

But wait... it gets better...

I text Adam asking him if he realizes he's in the women's RR (it's late and the park is almost empty so no one has been in since he went in). No response. Women start to come by and go in and out pretty regularly. Then a cleaning lady goes in for a long time. My friend is SO horrified and I can NOT stop laughing! FINALLY after being in there for maybe 45 minutes he manages to slip out when no one is around. It's a miracle no women spotted him.

He told us later that he realized not too long after he went in that he was in the women's, but he was so miserable he didn't think he could get up. He also said that at one point a little girl stuck her face to the crack and said "Daddy?"

I still tease them both to this day. :lmao:

Hmm my best was last fall at AK. My 2 ds's and myself had drug my dad with us. After standing in the stand by line forever for EE, we board the car and we are off(this was not our firat trip, nor our first time riding). We get to the top and are hanging there with no more track in front of us...my df looks at me with this really worried look and ask "are we going to go backwards?". Uhmmm yeahhhh. Not sure where else we would go...

Hmm my best was last fall at AK. My 2 ds's and myself had drug my dad with us. After standing in the stand by line forever for EE, we board the car and we are off(this was not our firat trip, nor our first time riding). We get to the top and are hanging there with no more track in front of us...my df looks at me with this really worried look and ask "are we going to go backwards?". Uhmmm yeahhhh. Not sure where else we would go...

LOL well hellooooo you could fall forwards!! ;););)

I don't know if mine counts because it was in a hotel at Disneyland but it's still funny!
DH (boyfriend at the time) and I were planning our Disneyland trip and booked a room at the Hilton Convention Center across the street from DL. Its a fancy business hotel practically in the Convention Center and there was a convention of some sort going on when we were there. We wanted to save some money eating in room but the hotel room only had a fridge, no microwave.
As we unpacked the truck and brought our stuff upstairs, I noticed another bag I didn't remember packing/bringing. DH picks it up and its making an odd rattling sound and it gets much much louder as we're walking to the lobby and people start noticing. I have no idea whats in it and its getting somewhat embarrassing so I asked him what was in the bag making that sound while were waiting for the elevator. We and 7 or so business people file into the elevator and as the doors close, my DH says, "Its a microwave" like it's no big deal. A MICROWAVE!?! He continues by saying he "pulled it out of the wall from his apartment" and that it was a "surprise for me". Yes, thank you. Thank you very much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter