funniest moments!

Last may, in DHS, Yds stepped on the front if my flip flop as I stepped it broke in 2 (whole top seperated from the rest.) I take it off and realize S&$% the ground is really HOT.
I run into the nearest gift shop and told nope, no flip flops. Decided to make a run to the next, (further into the park )trying to make it to shady spots to rest, standing on One foot, with the shoe, to cool the burn:scared: Picture a flamingo
Again, no shoes. CM tells me they do in fact sell them in the park... the store at the parks entrance. OMG! DH decided I should get on his back, he will carry me back to the front of the park while pushing 2 strollers,lol. Ambitious guy he is. Um, ok, no! Plan B sweetie. By this time, he is laughing more then I.
Finally :idea: I recall, pony tail! Took down my hair and I rubber banded the darn shoe to my foot. Walked carefully, but made it to but a $10 pair of minnie flip flops.

Last may, in DHS, Yds stepped on the front if my flip flop as I stepped it broke in 2 (whole top seperated from the rest.) I take it off and realize S&$% the ground is really HOT.
I run into the nearest gift shop and told nope, no flip flops. Decided to make a run to the next, (further into the park )trying to make it to shady spots to rest, standing on One foot, with the shoe, to cool the burn:scared: Picture a flamingo
Again, no shoes. CM tells me they do in fact sell them in the park... the store at the parks entrance. OMG! DH decided I should get on his back, he will carry me back to the front of the park while pushing 2 strollers,lol. Ambitious guy he is. Um, ok, no! Plan B sweetie. By this time, he is laughing more then I.
Finally :idea: I recall, pony tail! Took down my hair and I rubber banded the darn shoe to my foot. Walked carefully, but made it to but a $10 pair of minnie flip flops.

This reminds me of the time we were in DHS...when having lunch at Toy Story Pizza Planet, my (grown) DD drips pizza sauce on her new yellow shirt...she was so mad stating &&^& now I have to buy a new shirt...I can't walk around all day with this stain....so after lunch we find a place that had a nice shirt...but all they had in her size was pink (ugg she says...doesn't like pink) anyway she gets the shirt and changes. Not long after that, someone in front of her while we were walking stops suddenly and backs up, stepping on her new pair of sandles and rips the top off....the sandles were ruined....she was furious !!!! So, she takes the sandles off and throws them into the nearest trash can, then starts to walk...realzing that the pavement is hot....she runs from store to store to find a new pair of flip flops....after the 3rd store she finally found a pair in her size and guess what...they were pink !!! I told her, well now you have some flip flops that match your new pink top....she didn't find that very funny, but the rest of us did...we giggled off and on for the rest of the day.

If your sandles break, sit patiently on a bench ladies while someone else in your party goes and buys you a new pair! I can just imagine what that pavement would feel like on the old tootsies. Ouch!

oh goodness.. these stories are so funny!

I have one lol. Last year on a bus to Epcot I believe, there was a foreign family sitting next to me (I was at the back of the bus). They were talking up a storm and I obviously could not understand them. All of a sudden, a boy turns to me and says excuse me can I ask you a question? uh... sure. He ask "What year did the U.S get their Independance?" Oh..my..gosh... I couldn't remember!! lol After what felt like forever I said 1976....gah! I got a few weird looks. I thought about it..I was like OH! no.. 1776! **....

My DS7 and I just had a heart to heart about this exact thing. He is CONSTANTLY correcting me, DH, DD, pretty much ANYONE if they don't cite the EXACT facts in the EXACT order. Drives me bonkers!:rotfl: Of course, he has always been the type of kid that will correct you if you say "It's 3:00" but it's really 2:58, so I should have expected it. He's gotten better at it, but I can see him getting antsy when I am telling someone something and he knows I said something slightly wrong. Poor thing looks like he's going to explode.:laughing:

The only thing that could have made that dwarf parking lot story even more funny is if it would have been "HAPPY 116".:rotfl:

Sounds to me like your son is a future Engineer in the making. :)

Dan

Last year, my fiancée and I were thinking about going to MK on Monday, but went to Epcot instead and did MK on Tuesday. On Wednesday, we started talking with this other couple we had met on the trip and they told us Johnny Depp had been at MK on Monday. They showed us a picture they had taken with him too. I was distraught, because he is both of our favorite actor and I kept kicking myself because of it. A month or so later I google to find out if there were more pictures of him at MK, and it turns out he was just a lookalike! He was pretty good too

We were at 1900 Park Fare for dinner one night, and the kids were dressed up (DD6 was Sleeping Beauty and DS5 was Prince Charming). My son was eating up all the attention being a "prince" was getting him. Well when Anastasia rounded our table, she grabbed him and started dancing with him. She then proceded to tell him that they were going to get married the next day, because she wanted a prince. She yelled across the room to StepMother saying she found a prince and he had 19 castles. He leaned over and whispered "Mommy, I don't know what she is talking about". After she left the table, he was eating and he leaned over and told me we needed to leave. I asked why and he said we need to go back to the resort. When I asked why again, he very seriously said "Mommy, I don't think these people realize this is just a costume and its not real!" After that dinner, every time we saw Anastasia in a parade, he would duck and hide :rotfl: We still tease him about the girl he left behind!

Dang, Now that's cute! :thumbsup2

Dan

On our first family trip, we spent the day at Animal Kingdom and were leaving in plenty of time to make our ADR at San Angel Inn at Epcot. We went to the Epcot bus stop and waited with a large group of people. When the bus arrived, we all crammed in – it was standing room only. ) My DD and I were standing up in the middle and my DH and other DD were in the front, close to the driver.

The bus proceeded to make several stops at resorts along the way (The Swan and The Dolphin) and each time, the doors would swing open and nobody would get off. At the second stop, guests had figured out that everyone on the bus was headed to Epcot. (Looking back, I imagine a majority of people were trying to make their own ADR’s since we had all just left Animal Kingdom close to dinner time)

A man close to me finally got disgruntled enough :mad: to announce to the driver that we were all going to Epcot. The driver, a short middle-aged woman who seemed to be from a South American country, stood up and said, with a heavy accent, “Excuse me. This is not the bus to Epcot. We are not going to Epcot” I thought there might be a riot on that bus! :scared:

Several people were arguing back and forth with the driver that they were going to Epcot and that she had picked us up in the Epcot bus stop, while the driver continued to argue that it was not the Epcot bus. Finally, that man behind me, VERY LOUDLY stated “OK, we were ALL wrong and YOU were right! We ALL got on the wrong bus. (cue sarcastic tone) The question is CAN YOU TAKE US TO EPCOT?”

After a short call to her supervisor, she got permission to veer off course and take us to Epcot, where we all cheered :cheer2: and every single person got off the bus, many rushing to their dining reservations. My whole family still laughs at this and often quotes that man… “we were ALL WRONG!”

Some of our family's funniest moments have come from things other people say in the park. For instance, one day we were standing by Snow White's ride. We had someone ask us, "Do you know if we walk through the castle will you get to the other side?' Another time we were walking through the FASTPASS at TSM and someone asked my daughter, "Are you going through the exit?' My all-time favorite occurred in Hollywood Studios. A family walked by the Moster Inc. Meet and Greet and we overhead, "Look< It's Shrek!" We just laughed and went on. All of these just makes the days in the park so much fun.

Back in 2005, I took a trip with my family. The day we were at AK, we did the safari and of course heard all the facts about the animals, including how fast a rhino can charge. For dinner that night, we went to Boma. After dinner, we were waiting at the bus stop. It was dark and we were the only ones there. Around the bus stop, there's quite a few plants. My mom was sitting on one of the benches with her back to the bushes. All of a sudden, we hear a noise in the plants. The sprinklers had turned on. My mom jumped up and started running. I've never seen her move so fast! We all assumed she really didn't want to get wet from the sprinkler, but she told us when she heard the noise, all she could think was that a rhino had gotten loose and was charging at her. :lmao: We all died laughing. I guess what they told us on the safari really stuck with her! To this day, if we see a sprinkler somewhere, we'll say, "Look! A rhino!"

It is early in the morning and I am walking through the concourse at the Contemporary on my way from BLT to fill the mugs. Note no coffee yet. I am enthralled with the Mary Blair mural and looking way up high as I am walking and I walk into one of those big funky shapped seats. I tumbled over the entire width of the thing and picked myself up. Couple of rug burns but that was it. Not sure anyone else saw it but Had I been an observer it would have been hard not to laugh. (Only becuae no one was hurt)
I did the exact same thing! :rotfl: I didn't tumble over the other side, but I pretty much face planted into the bench. So embarrassing at the time, but I can laugh about it now.

On our first family trip, we spent the day at Animal Kingdom and were leaving in plenty of time to make our ADR at San Angel Inn at Epcot. We went to the Epcot bus stop and waited with a large group of people. When the bus arrived, we all crammed in – it was standing room only. ) My DD and I were standing up in the middle and my DH and other DD were in the front, close to the driver.

The bus proceeded to make several stops at resorts along the way (The Swan and The Dolphin) and each time, the doors would swing open and nobody would get off. At the second stop, guests had figured out that everyone on the bus was headed to Epcot. (Looking back, I imagine a majority of people were trying to make their own ADR’s since we had all just left Animal Kingdom close to dinner time)

A man close to me finally got disgruntled enough :mad: to announce to the driver that we were all going to Epcot. The driver, a short middle-aged woman who seemed to be from a South American country, stood up and said, with a heavy accent, “Excuse me. This is not the bus to Epcot. We are not going to Epcot” I thought there might be a riot on that bus! :scared:

Several people were arguing back and forth with the driver that they were going to Epcot and that she had picked us up in the Epcot bus stop, while the driver continued to argue that it was not the Epcot bus. Finally, that man behind me, VERY LOUDLY stated “OK, we were ALL wrong and YOU were right! We ALL got on the wrong bus. (cue sarcastic tone) The question is CAN YOU TAKE US TO EPCOT?”

After a short call to her supervisor, she got permission to veer off course and take us to Epcot, where we all cheered :cheer2: and every single person got off the bus, many rushing to their dining reservations. My whole family still laughs at this and often quotes that man… “we were ALL WRONG!”

:scared1: thats terrible! I wonder where she thought she was taking you! im glad you got there though!

:scared1: thats terrible! I wonder where she thought she was taking you! im glad you got there though!

I am wondering if anyone actually looked at the sign ON the bus. Maybe she pulled into the EPCOT stop to drop people off, but the sign on the actual bus said something different and no one noticed???

I am wondering if anyone actually looked at the sign ON the bus. Maybe she pulled into the EPCOT stop to drop people off, but the sign on the actual bus said something different and no one noticed???

I didn't think of that! (haha obv) that's a good point!

OK, a couple of good jokes on DS15 last fall in MK. He's a good kid and very cooperative at Disney, but it's still fun to pull a few pranks on him to get a reaction from a too-cool teen.

Waiting at the train station for the opening show and rope drop, I saw the display with all of the foreign language maps and pointed it out to my 4 kids. I then told DS15 to go see if they had an American Sign Language map. He got about halfway there before he clued in :idea: and came back with a smile. He's been taking ASL in school but it still took him a minute.

Then as we were leaving Buzz Lightyear, an older CM used a very light touch to put a Princess Minnie sticker on the back of his navy T-shirt without him noticing. DD12 and I were cracking up so hard but trying to not let him see us. We let him wear it for a couple rides before I finally pointed it out. :)

PHXscuba

Our funniest moment was on our first trip, in 2010. We had just spent the day in AK and my wife and I were chilling out in my MIL and FIL's room (had connecting rooms) and my MIL was flipping through pictures on her phone that she took that day. So as she's looking through the pictures of Kilimanjaro Safari, she says, totally seriously "You know those animals are all fake, right?" We all look at her with weird looks like, "Did you just say what I think you just said?". :eek::confused::crazy2: So she repeats it (all seriously). At that point we BUST out laughing! :rotfl:

She seriously thought they were fake! On the ride, there was some sort of deer standing on the side of the rode, and as we drove by, it didn't move. That had her thinking that the animals must all be fake if they wouldn't move when we were that close to it as we drove by.

We still laugh about it today. :lmao::lmao:

Dan

We were at 1900 Park Fare for dinner one night, and the kids were dressed up (DD6 was Sleeping Beauty and DS5 was Prince Charming). My son was eating up all the attention being a "prince" was getting him. Well when Anastasia rounded our table, she grabbed him and started dancing with him. She then proceded to tell him that they were going to get married the next day, because she wanted a prince. She yelled across the room to StepMother saying she found a prince and he had 19 castles. He leaned over and whispered "Mommy, I don't know what she is talking about". After she left the table, he was eating and he leaned over and told me we needed to leave. I asked why and he said we need to go back to the resort. When I asked why again, he very seriously said "Mommy, I don't think these people realize this is just a costume and its not real!" After that dinner, every time we saw Anastasia in a parade, he would duck and hide :rotfl: We still tease him about the girl he left behind!

That is just ADORABLE!:wizard:

oh goodness.. these stories are so funny!

I have one lol. Last year on a bus to Epcot I believe, there was a foreign family sitting next to me (I was at the back of the bus). They were talking up a storm and I obviously could not understand them. All of a sudden, a boy turns to me and says excuse me can I ask you a question? uh... sure. He ask "What year did the U.S get their Independance?" Oh..my..gosh... I couldn't remember!! lol After what felt like forever I said 1976....gah! I got a few weird looks. I thought about it..I was like OH! no.. 1776! **....

:hippie: SO funny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter