Free Dining Watch 2009 - Dates Released!! Update post 1

I can't believe how easy it was. I called at 8:15 CT and wasn't on hold any. The CM picked up right away. He was very nice. It took about 5 minutes. He didn't ask for the code. He just added FD to my reservation.

:cool1: Doing the happy dance!! We are staying at Pop Aug 23-30. Just called and added on the Free Dining Plan through my Disney Visa. Received the Basic Plan which is one Table Service, one Quick Service and one Snack per person. They also offered the deluxe dining upgrade which was almost $800.00 more, but it's way to much money and food for us, plus I wanted something for free for once!!! :banana:

I'd like one too please!! While I am happy that you folks all get to book your rooms, I feel like crying cause I have to wait until monday. No disney visa card available in canada! :sad2:

Hope I get a value with free dining or it will be offsite for me

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be fine. in 2007, I didn't even book it until JUNE and last year I had to wait until the gen. public could book ( using a TA) and I got it with no problem. We all think that EVERYONE is doing the same thing, but its really just a small number of us crazy people who watch and wait until all hours for the announcement. LOL

hang in there, I bet you'll be just fine, getting what you want.

I am so bummed :( DH shot me down without even listening to reasoning!! Oh well, he knows I'm not happy, so I'm going to book on Monday anyway, and hope I can convince him over the next few months, dont know what is wrong with that man, how could I marry a 'non Disney lover' :confused3:confused3

This is how you get around that. . . go without him! :rotfl:

I have gone with just my daughter and I . . .will be 3 times now. One time I had my parents go with and split the room costs. I would really like him to go along, but he is just as happy staying at home and my daughter and I are free to do as we please. :cool1::cool1:

:cool1: Doing the happy dance!! We are staying at Pop Aug 23-30. Just called and added on the Free Dining Plan through my Disney Visa. Received the Basic Plan which is one Table Service, one Quick Service and one Snack per person. They also offered the deluxe dining upgrade which was almost $800.00 more, but it's way to much money and food for us, plus I wanted something for free for once!!! :banana:

Congratulations! :cool1:

I'm sooooo happppy its been released!! And it includes our dates of travel aug 23-30. My travel agent will be adding it on to our package monday! Its my dbf's first time there so this is gunna make our trip even more magical!! :)

This is how you get around that. . . go without him! :rotfl:

I have gone with just my daughter and I . . .will be 3 times now. One time I had my parents go with and split the room costs. I would really like him to go along, but he is just as happy staying at home and my daughter and I are free to do as we please. :cool1::cool1:

Hmmm.. now thats not a bad idea! :rotfl:LOL! It would save me some money too :) You can get 4 w/an infant in POP right? My DS is 13 and way capable of helping w/the stroller, 5 yo, etc..... My neighbor is booking the same dates on Monday, so its not as if I'd have to drive alone either, this is sounding better!!! :laughing:

If you are going during FD will you pay the diference and upgrade to the deluxe? I think we may:goodvibes

I won't be upgrading. I think the basic plan will be plenty for our family. Plus I don't want to lose all that park touring time at sitdown resturaunts. Looking back at my past trips 1 TS per day is just about right.

I just got off the phone with Disney. We also just booked Pop Century with free dining for August 16th to the 23rd.

Just added the Free Dining to our trip Pop Aug 23-30. Read it online that Disney Visa Card holders are now being offered FDP. So I called up DTC and they added to my reservation. Yes I am doing the happy dance :cool1:!! It's the basic meal plan (1 Table, 1 Quick Service and 1 snack). They offered an upgrade for the Deluxe Plan at the rate of the basic plan which would have cost around $800.00, but it's was too much money and food for my family. Besides it's nice receiving something for free after all these years!!! :banana: Good Luck everyone. :love:

We are booked for Free Dining for 8 nights with two connecting rooms at All-Star Movies standard!

Question for those of you who have already booked- did they make you pay the deposit immediately or are they still able to do the 10 day courtesy hold?

I plan to book on Monday when they release general public code but my paycheck doesn't get direct deposited until Wed at 12am, so I am really hoping that they still do this, otherwise I'll have to wait until Wed to book.

Thanks and congrats to all who got the dates and resort they wanted.

Kim

When I booked for 2007 FD I had the 10 day hold, if no payment received by then the reservation will be canceled. I can't say for sure if it is still true. You can always ask when on the phone with them.

Hi all,
Okay I had a quick question. I thought I read somewhere that you could get a Disney discount (like FD) along with a AAA discount, since it's still only 1 discount from Disney. Am I wrong on this? My TA is saying it's not allowed, and I thought for sure it was. TIA!

Hi all,
Okay I had a quick question. I thought I read somewhere that you could get a Disney discount (like FD) along with a AAA discount, since it's still only 1 discount from Disney. Am I wrong on this? My TA is saying it's not allowed, and I thought for sure it was. TIA!
No, it is NOT allowed. Disney will not let you stack discounts.

Question for those of you who have already booked- did they make you pay the deposit immediately or are they still able to do the 10 day courtesy hold?

Kim

I just booked and had to put an immediate deposit-but I am not sure if that is because of booking with Disney Visa or because of Free Dining prom restrictions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter