Free Dining Watch 2009 - Dates Released!! Update post 1

Okay, so I'm getting nervous waiting for my TA to get in and care enough to call, so I think I'm going to make a new reservation, just in case. -I know I'm sure I'm worrying for nothing, but I've waited as long as I can, so here's my question...can anyone tell me what all I need to do, if I need to cancel it? Do I just call Disney and tell them I need to cancel that reservation? I'm pretty sure ppl. said you get the deposit back as well, but can anyone confirm that? Does anyone see any forseen problems with doing this? TIA!!!! I'm sooooo excited!!!!!!:yay::yay::yay:

Ok...so that is three measly POP rooms for the three of us! :thumbsup2

And it is either value w/ free dining or no go for me. :sad2: I probably should have booked it before I told my friend about it... :faint:

Make that five, I need two :eek: :)

Yup. Here's the section from Mouse Savers:

If you want, you can upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan for just $32 per adult per night and $10 per child age 3-9 per night. (This represents the usual price difference between the regular Dining Plan and the Deluxe Dining Plan.) The Deluxe Dining Plan includes three meals a day at your choice of table service or counter service locations. You get an appetizer with your table service meals on the Deluxe Dining Plan. The Deluxe Dining Plan also includes two snacks per day and one refillable mug per person. You can eat like royalty!

You can also add the "Wine & Dine" Plan to this package, at full price.

I feel a little nervous - what do you suggest. I called at 7:15 eastern time today and was only on hold for about 2 minutes. The guy was very nice and seemed good. He got to what seemed like the last screen and it kept hanging on him. He put me on hold for a while and then came back. He said he was still waiting for someone to pick up (where ever he was calling for help). While he was on hold he went back in and said it looked like it took. Should I be nervous? I know others had glitches.... If he saw it on the screen when he went back in - am I good to go? I don't want any suprises later on for something that was totally not my fault!!!

Thanks and any advice would be great!

Woohoo! I feel like this is all a dream ;) can't wait until Monday morning! I have been planning this Honeymoon for what feels like FOREVER :)

Ok anyone had a problem getting the date and resorts they want??

I am worried since I have to wait until Monday to call or should I be ok since I already have a packaged booked at CBR?

I know there will be so many people calling between now and Monday althought it looks like a lot of people are booking August dates Im toward end of September

I feel a little nervous - what do you suggest. I called at 7:15 eastern time today and was only on hold for about 2 minutes. The guy was very nice and seemed good. He got to what seemed like the last screen and it kept hanging on him. He put me on hold for a while and then came back. He said he was still waiting for someone to pick up (where ever he was calling for help). While he was on hold he went back in and said it looked like it took. Should I be nervous? I know others had glitches.... If he saw it on the screen when he went back in - am I good to go? I don't want any suprises later on for something that was totally not my fault!!!

Went through my TA this morning and she said Disney was having problems with the screens and some glitches with the promotion being loaded. She said not to worry. If he gave you a rese # I think you should be good to go.

Congrats !!!! :banana:

I wouldn't be too worried. The exact same thing happened to me. So I called back and got someone else and they confirmed that it had took. Then a few hours later I got my confirmation e-mail and it was right. So I had worried for nothing...:goodvibes

Just booked. add me to the list.. wahoo

Sept 24th - Sept 29th.. Yea baby.. Wasnt sure if I was going to do it but the pressure got to me..

:banana::banana::banana: Okay, I just booked 3 rooms at Pop w/ FD, for my just in case my TA doesn't get it in time!!!!:yay::yay::yay: I'm very excited this morning!!

Did you guys get a email with a code?I have a Disney Visa have not got anything.

Nope, you shouldn't need a code just call and tell them you have DV. I saw somewhere there was a code of "RYI." I wrote it down, but didn't need it. Have fun!

Did you guys get a email with a code?I have a Disney Visa have not got anything.
No. In 2007 I never got an email at all and last year the email came out two days after the code was released. The free dining codes always show up here on the DIS or Mousesavers before anywhere else.

Nope, you shouldn't need a code just call and tell them you have DV. I saw somewhere there was a code of "RYI." I wrote it down, but didn't need it. Have fun!
I just booked with my Disney Visa and he also asked for the RYI code.

Question for those of you who have already booked- did they make you pay the deposit immediately or are they still able to do the 10 day courtesy hold?

I plan to book on Monday when they release general public code but my paycheck doesn't get direct deposited until Wed at 12am, so I am really hoping that they still do this, otherwise I'll have to wait until Wed to book.

Thanks and congrats to all who got the dates and resort they wanted.

Kim

:woohoo: I just booked Pop Century w Deluxe Dining upgrade 10/3-10/9! :woohoo:

FYI - My CM just told me that they are having problems right now booking with the regular free dining plan and are asking people to call back. But those wanting deluxe plan are able to book. :confused3 Maybe it's just a trick to get more people to upgrade! :rotfl2:

Good luck everyone!

I had the same issue--deluxe dining code was working, but they were still loading the regular dining code. I booked deluxe (to insure my spot at the resort), but will be calling back to drop that add on.

Good morning!

Free dining this year how exciting! I'm going in early september but staying on DVC points even though I have a Disney rewards card. Am I still able to take advantage of the early signup for DV members or do I have to wait until Monday?

Thanks!

:welcome: If you're staying on DVC points, you can't get free dining. It's only available as part of a vacation package with room at rack rate (cheapest is a value for $82 a night) and tickets (minimum 1 day base ticket). Lots of DVC'ers save their points for another trip to be able to take advantage of free dining. Good luck!

No. In 2007 I never got an email at all and last year the email came out two days after the code was released. The free dining codes always show up here on the DIS or Mousesavers before anywhere else.

Yeah, I'll be expecting that email from Chase in about a week! Thank goodness for the internet.

:cheer2: for all the free diners!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter