• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining 2017

They could begin to enforce the 11am rule as mentioned above, if they are really keeping tabs on costs!

Does anyone know if it's possible to 'upgrade' your dining plan and just pay the difference. For example stay at a moderate, get the quick service for free, then pay the difference between the quick service and the table service dining plans?

we did this for 2016

Quick Question re booking free dinning room and tickets package with Disney Travel Co :

If we book for 5 people how easy would it be to drop down to 4 people if we needed to later in the year?

Anyone know why OKW and SSR aren't letting me see prices and are requiring a phone call? That didn't happen last year!

Anyone know why OKW and SSR aren't letting me see prices and are requiring a phone call? That didn't happen last year!
I assume because they will want to keep a close eye on how many rooms are being booked whilst also ensuring that there are sufficient rooms available for DVC owners.
We did consider booking a one bed apartment at OKW for our trip in November 2017 this morning, we really enjoyed our stay there in 2014, we had the in-laws with us & got a cracking deal when we booked which made it way cheaper than booking two hotel rooms, I can't remember exactly but it was something like 30% or 40% off plus free dining, it didn't look like they were offering anything like that on OKW or SS when I looked today.
After much deliberating, we decided to stick with our original plan & have booked the Yacht Club.

If we book for 5 people how easy would it be to drop down to 4 people if we needed to later in the year?

it's failry easy. Just call and ask for the change. As long as it's not a flight inclusive booking, there will be no issue at all.
Note that since your booking will have a lesser value, you will be charged £50 or 65€ amendment fee (depending wether you book with the UK or with the Irish branch of WDTC)

You also have the option of not telling anyone about the drop out.
You would still pay for their tickets, even though you wouldn't use it (non refundable, not transferable, expires 31/12/2017) but you'd keep the fifth person's dining credits. If it's an adult, you could split the dining credit berween all other party members.
A 14 days ticket is £309, so let's say you stay for 12 nights, at a deluxe, that would make 12 additional TS credits, which in turn would make 3 "free" TS meals for each of the remaining 4 party members (or 3 Signature meals), for £309 total. (just an example)

I would think that it's because those 2 usually don't link until 11 months out as they're not in the system before it opens for owners at 11 months out.
There has been lots of complaints on UK forums regarding those bookings that could not be linked. So I guess this year they have changed to "'pre-register" as mentionnend in place of the "book now button".
That way disney might be able to inform the guests that it's only a pre-registration and that the actual booking will take place later in the year. (just wild guessing here)

I booked the pre-regisration option over the phone

Yes you are correct, they will enter the booking at all DVC resorts at 11 months. She said they don't run out of availability at 11 months for SSR or OKW and it's pretty much guaranteed but people won't be able to link it to MDE before it's enter at their system

Is anyone having trouble getting through to pre register for OKW? I just keep getting an engaged tone.

It's giving me a price for OKW however with only the option of pre-register over the phone it means I can't benefit from the Quidco cash back-any thoughts? :confused3

It's giving me a price for OKW however with only the option of pre-register over the phone it means I can't benefit from the Quidco cash back-any thoughts? :confused3
Unfortunately it looks like we won't get cash bk for these resorts due to the set up.
Also no discount on either resort

It looks like no discount for ssr or okw is this normal on the first day?
Does the discount not normally happen this Early,
Or maybe there just not offering discount this year.

It looks like no discount for ssr or okw is this normal on the first day?
Does the discount not normally happen this Early,
Or maybe there just not offering discount this year.

What time of the year? Ocotber/November is discounted. The price is only up 1.7% year to year compared to last years offer for this year for my dates

If I book OKW over the phone, will i be able to just pay £100 deposit like the other resorts? As what we do is book in advance then save up for the rest of the year and pay in july x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter