• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining 2017

Yey our 2016 trip is hanging by a thread ,due to my stupid injury

Would love to book 2017 and have a countdown I can look forward to

@ChipnDaleRule - if it goes like last year, sometime around midday. I can't remember the exact time it went live, but the site was slow and crash for hours and then suddenly everything worked! :)

My DW now has the day off on Thursday so she can check the deal as soon as it comes out. Hopefully we can get what we want along with a nice little deal. First time staying on property and going through Disney. Booking flights seperatley though. This countdown is almost as exciting as the countdown to the holiday itself :)

Does anyone know if it's possible to 'upgrade' your dining plan and just pay the difference. For example stay at a moderate, get the quick service for free, then pay the difference between the quick service and the table service dining plans?

Does anyone know if it's possible to 'upgrade' your dining plan and just pay the difference. For example stay at a moderate, get the quick service for free, then pay the difference between the quick service and the table service dining plans?

sure, you can

Hi there.

We are hoping to go to Disney in September 2017, but we won't have all of the money for a few weeks/months yet. Is it possible to put a deposit down for the hotel and take advantage of the free dining plan that's being released soon, or does all the money have to be paid upfront?

Thank you in advance :-)

Hi there.

We are hoping to go to Disney in September 2017, but we won't have all of the money for a few weeks/months yet. Is it possible to put a deposit down for the hotel and take advantage of the free dining plan that's being released soon, or does all the money have to be paid upfront?

Thank you in advance :-)

You can just pay a deposit. :)

Well that's exciting :-) Is the free dining plan going to be available through the Disney website? Do you know when the full amount is to be paid by (in term of how many weeks before travel)?, there will certainly be flights available on the dates I chose, right? :confused3

Sorry, I am a complete Disney newbie!

Well that's exciting :-) Is the free dining plan going to be available through the Disney website? Do you know when the full amount is to be paid by (in term of how many weeks before travel)?, there will certainly be flights available on the dates I chose, right? :confused3

When I've done a dummy booking to see what the price is at the time it always says something like 'Pay only £100 deposit today and the rest by 22nd July 2017' for a September trip. So it just needs to be paid in full before the date it shows you, thats what we will be doing anyway. I've heard Disney are very accomodating if you need to change your hotel dates because of flights but I don't see why you wouldn't get flights if you book well in advance. Dining plan shows with what hotel you choose, last year for values - free breakfast, moderates - QS, Deluxe - Dining plan. Hope that helps you a bit:earsboy:

When I've done a dummy booking to see what the price is at the time it always says something like 'Pay only £100 deposit today and the rest by 22nd July 2017' for a September trip. So it just needs to be paid in full before the date it shows you, thats what we will be doing anyway. I've heard Disney are very accomodating if you need to change your hotel dates because of flights but I don't see why you wouldn't get flights if you book well in advance. Dining plan shows with what hotel you choose, last year for values - free breakfast, moderates - QS, Deluxe - Dining plan. Hope that helps you a bit:earsboy:

This is correct! You have to pay by 60 days out. The exact deposit depends on how much your trip costs. I think the deposit is 10-15% (for example we were quoted a £220 deposit).

This is correct! You have to pay by 60 days out. The exact deposit depends on how much your trip costs. I think the deposit is 10-15% (for example we were quoted a £220 deposit).

It does not depend on the total cost, but on the number of guests

The deposit for non flight inclusive bookings is £50 per person, and the booking has to be paid in full at least 56 days out. A family of 2 will pay £100 at time of booking, a family of 5 will pay £250

The deposit for flight inclusive bookings is £150 per person, and the booking has to be paid in full at least 70 days out

Deposits are non refundable.

've heard Disney are very accomodating if you need to change your hotel dates because of flights but I don't see why you wouldn't get flights

They are accomodating as long as there are rooms available for the deal/rate that was booked.

If no room is eligible for the free dining offer at your hotel, for your new dates and for the entire length of your stay, you're not allowed to change dates.
You may have to change hotels if there is no room left (eligible for the offer)

you'll pay the price difference if the final price, after change, is higher than the original price, but no fee.
if the price is less than the orginal price, disney will assess a £50 amendment fee

I booked my package, hotel, flights, car hire and park tickets with free ddp with travelcity direct. I chose to do it that way so I have peace of mind that my flights were taken care of at the time I booked. I'm quite a worrier and would of been anxious about booking flights if I didn't do a package.
We paid a deposit and have to pay the balance 6 weeks before.

Their prices aren't too bad for a package.

Oh no, the packages are released midday? :( I was hoping it would be released in the morning or at midnight, I am working tommorow so wont be able to get on until the evening >.<! We are hoping to stay at Art of Animation, but I bet its all booked up when I get home :(

<! We are hoping to stay at Art of Animation, but I bet its all booked up when I get home

It won't be booked up that soon

I don't want to burst your bubble but AoA is traditionally excluded from the free dining deal, and other Values don't get free dining anyway (except for free breakfast if renewed)

It won't be booked up that soon

I don't want to burst your bubble but AoA is traditionally excluded from the free dining deal, and other Values don't get free dining anyway (except for free breakfast if renewed)
Oh really? That sucks :/

Does anyone know... the 'free breakfast' - in reality will that just be a free counter meal to be eaten any time of day? We never spend the equivalent of £11.99 on breakfast at Pop Century for example so it's really not worth the value it says it is, but if it's for any time of day that could be useful as a lunchtime meal and would be more valuable. Thanks :-)

oes anyone know... the 'free breakfast' - in reality will that just be a free counter meal to be eaten any time of day? We never spend the equivalent of £11.99 on breakfast at Pop Century for example so it's really not worth the value it says it is, but if it's for any time of day that could be useful as a lunchtime meal and would be more valuable. Thanks

Initially, the free breakfast was supposed to be One CS credit that would expire after 11am.
but this was never enforced. Not sure it was even published. And guests have been able to use that credit for any meal.

But we also know policies are subject to change without notice.

we still don't know if the CS credit will still include the dessert (lunch and dinner), and we'll only know once the 2017 dining plan leaflet is released on the US site.
If dessert is removed from CS credits, then a "breakfast credit" would no longer be different from a "lunch" or "dinner credit" (not that they are different credits, but that they do not include the same items, IYSWIM)

long story short, we don't know yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter