Free Dining 2017

Its my 30th this year and we are doing Vegas and Disney California. We are going to stay off site though as it worked out alot cheaper and we will have a car too so can see some of the sights while there. :)

Oh really! I would love to know what you think when you come back! I really want to do something different next year and Vegas/Disney California would be great. Are there any offers for California similar to WDW?

Although the 2017 WDW offer is tempting....:scratchin:rolleyes2

Booking next friday for September 2017! Was going to stay at All Stars and upgrade the dining plan and with flights on top of it its around £3200 but if we were going to do Caribbean Beach its only £200 more! So think that is what we are doing. Can't decide whether to go for beginning or end of September though (beginning is hubbys birthday though!) First time trip as well!

All booked

13th Aug - 18 nights Beach Club :flower1:

Was a bit miffed that we had to book a Lagoon View as the Standard View rooms had sold out. Hopefully going to upgrade to a Deluxe Room once they are released

With the new dining plan, since you get 2 snacks now and no dessert (not sure if thats just a rumour), but do you think you'll be able to use one of your snack credits to get a dessert at the restaurants? As I LOVE dessert hahaha

With the new dining plan, since you get 2 snacks now and no dessert (not sure if thats just a rumour), but do you think you'll be able to use one of your snack credits to get a dessert at the restaurants? As I LOVE dessert hahaha
I am sure you will be able too (availability may vary on dessert type). The changes don't make it a win or lose situation, seems like it would just make it more flexible :)

I am sure you will be able too (availability may vary on dessert type). The changes don't make it a win or lose situation, seems like it would just make it more flexible :)

Yes I agree :) It is great for people who dont really want a dessert! And to be honest I dont think i'd be able to eat a dessert every single day :crazy2:

What's all this about credits each night for the dinning

Can I use up to many credits in some restaurants and then find myself paying for meals ?

What's all this about credits each night for the dinning

Can I use up to many credits in some restaurants and then find myself paying for meals ?
Signature restaurants are worth two credits. So in theory if you booked 1 signature out of 7 nights. You'd be one night short in credits and you'd have to pay out of pocket

Signature restaurants are worth two credits. So in theory if you booked 1 signature out of 7 nights. You'd be one night short in credits and you'd have to pay out of pocket

Oh I see. Is most restaurants in Disney 1 credit ? Can I save credits with not getting the quick service meal at breakfast or lunch or not getting a snack etc ?

@Garyjames220 - no, the snack and quick service credits can't be converted up to a table service meal.

Have you looked at the Dining Plan info booklet Disney have on their website? It shows exactly which table service meals cost more than one credit.

The Table Service credits apply to those folks only paying or staying with the free standard Disney Dining Plan where you have a choice of the QS credits and TS credits, those only on the QSDP don't have the TS credits. So... if you are only on the QSDP you don't have any TS credits to worry over, you can however book them and pay for those meals Out Of Pocket.... unless you can wangle Disney allowing you to use QSDP credits for them if you have way too many left. You would need to check that with the concierge desk at your resort prior to going to the restaurant. It's up to Disney and at their discretion.

It looks like it would be a lose situation imo. You used to get 1 snack and 2 QS credits. If dessert is not included anymore then you are in fact losing 1 snack. I'm all for flexibility but if they want to make it more flexible by turning desserts into snack credits then to be able to get as much bang for your buck as before you should get 3 snacks + 2QS credits if I'm correct.

It looks like it would be a lose situation imo. You used to get 1 snack and 2 QS credits. If dessert is not included anymore then you are in fact losing 1 snack. I'm all for flexibility but if they want to make it more flexible by turning desserts into snack credits then to be able to get as much bang for your buck as before you should get 3 snacks + 2QS credits if I'm correct.
No because they are giving you two snacks now. So you can have it as a dessert as usual, or take it as another snack elsewhere

No because they are giving you two snacks now. So you can have it as a dessert as usual, or take it as another snack elsewhere
I do understand that part. My point is:

The QS dining plan used to be:
1 snack + 2 QS credits
A QS credit used to be:
1 entree
1 dessert
1 drink

So per person per day you would get:
1 snack
2 entrees
2 desserts
2 drinks

Now you are getting 2 snacks + 2 QS credits. A QS credit now only is an entree and a drink. So now you get per person per day:
2 snacks (or desserts)
2 entrees
2 drinks

So you are getting 6 items instead of 7. Or am I missing the point?

All booked

13th Aug - 18 nights Beach Club :flower1:

Was a bit miffed that we had to book a Lagoon View as the Standard View rooms had sold out. Hopefully going to upgrade to a Deluxe Room once they are released
I was hoping to book BC too, but went for YC garden view because Lagoon view was all they had there. Standard view hasn't been an option since free dining came out last week ,so far.
Im interested to know what a Deluxe room is though,I've not come across that yet,i always thought the rooms were the same:drinking:

I do understand that part. My point is:

The QS dining plan used to be:
1 snack + 2 QS credits
A QS credit used to be:
1 entree
1 dessert
1 drink

So per person per day you would get:
1 snack
2 entrees
2 desserts
2 drinks

Now you are getting 2 snacks + 2 QS credits. A QS credit now only is an entree and a drink. So now you get per person per day:
2 snacks (or desserts)
2 entrees
2 drinks

So you are getting 6 items instead of 7. Or am I missing the point?

That's how I understood it too, unless I'm missing something?

Oh really! I would love to know what you think when you come back! I really want to do something different next year and Vegas/Disney California would be great. Are there any offers for California similar to WDW?

Although the 2017 WDW offer is tempting....:scratchin:rolleyes2

I will definitely come back on and let you know what its like. We went to vegas last year and it was amazing. We drove to LA just for one night to see a basketball game but never made it to Disneyland so im so excited to get there this time. Im not sure if they do deals like WDW. Disneyland resorts are showing up as all booked out for my stay now also so cannot check prices even.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter