• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got through!!!:yay: Only about 10 minutes on hold, and another 10 minutes talking to the CM. Since LM isn't included.... I added the FD to my 2 rooms at All Star Sports and did the upgrade from quick to regular...... soooooo very very happy!!!!:yay:
September 14-21 for us! My husband, my daughter and myself! Celebrating my 50th Birthday and my daughter's 25 birthday at Disney World!!!:cake::cake:

Is the FD open today only for VISA card, or GP? I know it was probably mentioned, but I don't have time to look through entire thread. Thank you everyone

Called at 7:30 and only on hold for 15 minutes.

Got Coronado Springs for 8 nights from Sept 6-14 with FREE DINING!!!!

Is it me, or are the hold times WAYYYY less than prior years? I can remember calling at 7am and being on hold for an hour+.

Congrats! And Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your helpful information and starting this thread!!!! :)

Thanks for the heads up and help. Just found the boards a month or so ago....only on hold 8 min this morning...royal room at por 9.15-21...kids are super stoked...fd should be awesome...

Called at 7:30 and only on hold for 15 minutes.

Got Coronado Springs for 8 nights from Sept 6-14 with FREE DINING!!!!

Is it me, or are the hold times WAYYYY less than prior years? I can remember calling at 7am and being on hold for an hour+.

Yay for you! :-)

Hi all, OMG I just realized I was posting this morning on the wrong thread. Totally meant to post here. Brief sum up for those not lurking on the other :)

If you are lurking (or posting) there, you can skip this ;)

No 2 bedrooms villas at BLT in any category. They also are not available for room only discounts :(

So sad. We could have switched to a 2 bedroom WL, but it wouldn't have saved us a lot, and we had our hearts set (and our ADRs set) on BLT.

It was touch and go for a minute because a CM gave me the wrong quote on WL and I agreed to change (it was a LOT cheaper) and then she realized she only counted 3/4 nights, so I asked to stay at BLT and she had already let it go and couldn't get it back. Ugh!!! She called a supervisor, though, and an extra 2 bedroom villa magically appeared for us :) That does make me a little nervous, though, are we now overbooked? Then what happens?

So, no free dining for us :(

But at least we're still going on our dream vacation :)

Good luck to all of you! I am anxiously awaiting your good results!

I was on hold not at all, Btw. So that is a bonus. I would have been extra sad if I waited 2 hours to hear the bad news.

Meg

Is the FD open today only for VISA card, or GP? I know it was probably mentioned, but I don't have time to look through entire thread. Thank you everyone

Def just Visa. I tried to call and sweetly ask about the offer ....I do not have a Visa, and I was denied and told to call back Thursday!! :lmao:
I am so sad that LM are excluded :( I have no idea what to do now....... guess more running of numbers and reading reviews to see what the best fit is.

Hi all, OMG I just realized I was posting this morning on the wrong thread. Totally meant to post here. Brief sum up for those not lurking on the other :)

If you are lurking (or posting) there, you can skip this ;)

No 2 bedrooms villas at BLT in any category. They also are not available for room only discounts :(

So sad. We could have switched to a 2 bedroom WL, but it wouldn't have saved us a lot, and we had our hearts set (and our ADRs set) on BLT.

It was touch and go for a minute because a CM gave me the wrong quote on WL and I agreed to change (it was a LOT cheaper) and then she realized she only counted 3/4 nights, so I asked to stay at BLT and she had already let it go and couldn't get it back. Ugh!!! She called a supervisor, though, and an extra 2 bedroom villa magically appeared for us :) That does make me a little nervous, though, are we now overbooked? Then what happens?

So, no free dining for us :(

But at least we're still going on our dream vacation :)

Good luck to all of you! I am anxiously awaiting your good results!

I was on hold not at all, Btw. So that is a bonus. I would have been extra sad if I waited 2 hours to hear the bad news.

Meg

There no way to apply a FD discount only to certain nights. Sounds like she was trying to apply one of the room only codes. You should have saved a substantial among of money with the FD offer and the discount would be the exact same amount at any moderate or deluxe resort, a free dining discount does not fluctuate from resort to resort.If you didn't get the right info, I would call back.

Def just Visa. I tried to call and sweetly ask about the offer ....I do not have a Visa, and I was denied and told to call back Thursday!! :lmao:
I am so sad that LM are excluded :( I have no idea what to do now....... guess more running of numbers and reading reviews to see what the best fit is.

All Star Movies or Pop :-)

Yay! I called in right at 7, had no wait, and upgraded my CBR res on 9/8-9/14 to free dining! My CM was super nice - she didn't know about the FD, put me on hold for 2 mins and came back and confirmed the FD and walked me through the upgrade in her system. I told her she's probably going to have a busy day and she agreed but sounded excited. If I were a CM I'd probably love working a day like today where nearly everyone who calls will be happy to have a nice upgraded FD to add to their package!

Thanks to all who have helped post info on this deal - esp. Mr. Joe Black and 411 - not slighting others who have posted and participated but you two seem to be the front runners on this thread! :goodvibes

On hold now for about 10 minutes. Worth waiting for Free Dining at POFQ. Just hoping its available!!!

Was on hold for about 17 minutes but was able to get Free Dining for POFQ September 25-29! :cheer2: Had to upgrade from Pool View to River View. CM said Pool View not available (will call again later and on Thursday to try to switch back!). Also, was required to put additional $200 on Disney Visa to verify "the promotion" even though my deposit was paid on Disney Visa. Never had to do that in past, but didn't question it since I have to pay it anyway. :confused3

Where can I find my updated information on the Disney site? There's no listing for the dining category, just the ADRs that I've already made. I'm a little nervous because I had to remind the CM to charge my Visa $200 to secure free dining, and now I don't see it listed on my reservation (although the total cost information has updated to what the CM told me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter