• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I can just see you sitting in the office sobbing, and everyone else thinking "what a strange person".

:coffee:

And once again I must ask...what have I started?

:rotfl2: Now that's a given!!! My kids are in year round school and have been out about a month now....They probably just thought I was crying about that.::yes::

Vickie

Okay I know someone said they thought free dining would be offered sep/oct/nov/dec but after the free dining was released this week for sep I have been seeing people saying they thought it would only be offered for sep and oct? Has anyone else seen / heard anything? Do y'all think I still have a chance for FD for nov 29- dec 7?? I know anything is possible but what are y'all's opinion? Thanks in advance!!!!

Normally the August/September FD dates are released in the spring and the October - December FD dates are released in the summer, usually July, sometimes August. No one that follows these types of historical discounts expected the October - December FD dates to be released yet. If they release FD for that timeframe, I would say:

Oct 1-5 or 6 and Oct 19 or 20 - Nov 1 or 2
November 10 - 21
Nov 29 or 30 - Dec 5 or 6 and Dec 14 - 19

Give or take a day or two these dates should be pretty close.

But it isn't the week of its the week after. From what I've read it's the 3 rd slowest week out of the year so wonder if that makes a difference. I thought someone told me they thought maybe there was a chance of them offering it that week but I may have misunderstood them. Thanks!

I listed some "predicted" dates in my other post :-)

Normally the August/September FD dates are released in the spring and the October - December FD dates are released in the summer, usually July, sometimes August. No one that follows these types of historical discounts expected the October - December FD dates to be released yet. If they release FD for that timeframe, I would say:

Oct 1-5 or 6 and Oct 19 or 20 - Nov 1 or 2
November 10 - 21
Nov 29 or 30 - Dec 5 or 6 and Dec 14 - 19

Give or take a day or two these dates should be pretty close.

Thanks TheDisney411!!! That's what I thought. There is several people saying on some of the other forums on here that September was the ONLY month they would offer it this year. I sure hope not!

Thanks TheDisney411!!! That's what I thought. There is several people saying on some of the other forums on here that September was the ONLY month they would offer it this year. I sure hope not!

People can say what they like, but that would go against every single year's history since they started FD in 2005.

This is my first post here, so hello to everyone. I'm hoping to get the free dining on the 9th with my reservation and tickets. Got a few questions. How do you know what you can order? Is there a price limit for each lunch or dinner? I'm getting confused and it is way to early for that!

Thanks
Rhonda

There are, generally, no restrictions on the Disney Dining Plan, whether it is free or not and you can order anything on the menus. With the counter service/fast food meals you can get a combo, drink and dessert, at table service/sit down meals you can get entree w/sides, drink and dessert and most snack credits can be used for single serve food items under $4. Alcoholic beverages and tips are not included with the DDP. You also need to plan on making advance dining reservations for all table service meals. I would look on the dining website today and see what is available. Your ADR window has been open for booking since March and a lot of the character meals and popular restaurants will already have limited availability.

No kidding:lmao: Although, my kids love the dentist....I am the one that is afraid!!!

I've gotten better...but it took me 20 yrs lol I figured the kids go twice a year I should be a positive roll model. But after 20 yrs I didn't have any cavities...woohoo! I've been going for 4 yrs now...all is good :)

Question --

What happens if I book a reservation for free dining and once the schedule of testing for the upcoming school session comes out my child won't be able to attend and has to stay behind with grandparents?

Since it is a package deal - would I just pay for his ticket and not cash it in? Could we possibly use the child (disney adult since he is 10) credits as our own for the vacation? I don't know what happens if a member of the original reservation does not show up.

Thanks.
Dining plan expires when you check out. The dining plan credits are issued in "lump sums" for each type of meal on your plan for the length of your stay rather than issued to each person in your reservation. For example, if you had the DDP for 3 adults for 3 nights, you would have a total of 9 TS credits, 9 QS credits & 9 snack credits. You can use them however you want so you could, if you wanted, use son's dining credits yourselves.

Tickets, however, are issued to each person in your reservation. Not 100% positive, but I believe they expire X days from date of 1st use depending on how many days ticket is good for unless you add the 'no expiration' option to the tickets.

Thank you, Joe, for sharing your story with us. Glad I had the tissue box on my desk. What an awesome way to remember the great times you had with your dad and honor him by carrying on the tradition. I'd bet he is smiling - any maybe a little teary eyed, too - with your sharing those memories. I know he's smiling when you're there celebrating the memories and making new ones, too.
My first trip to Disney World, as I've mentioned before, was to the preview center before the park was opened with my mom & dad. We talked about going back to visit the park, but my dad passed away in Oct, 1971 so never made to the actual park. Did get to take my mom to Disney World with my 2 kids not quite 3 yrs before she died. I've been back more times than I count now, and yes, I relive those memories and make new ones to store in my special "Disney memories treasure chest" I store in my heart. Thanks to everyone who has shared some of their special Disney memories, too. I LOVE :love: going to see The Mouse! I'm so glad my daughter discovered Disboards. I love it here - you all are totally awesome! :grouphug:

Oh My Goodness!!! I don't think I can take much more.....Too many great stories and I live in waterworks mode anyway......

Ok, so here goes my story.....WDW to me has a different kind of happy place feeling to me. Growing up, we never went to WDW. My parents had a beach house and so that was always vacation (not complaining) but I always had that WDW envy.
Well, fast forward 20 years and here I am with a wonderful hubby and 3 great kids. Had a trip planned in 2008 for the fall but my mom got diagnosed with Alzhemiers and went downhill very quickly. I was her only caregiver so obviously that trip got put on hold....Fast forward 3 years ( moved her 4 more times....):crazy2: she was finally put in a higher level of care and I was free (so to speak). That might sound awful to some but caring for a parent while trying to care for young kids and a husband really took a toll on all of us.
Soooooo.....we went to WDW for the first time in October 2011 and had the best time!:cheer2: Did not turn my cell phone on for a solid 7 days and actually felt like a normal family.

I have been pinning away to get back to WDW. It will always be special to us for that reason!

Can't Wait for OCTOBER!!!! 2nd trip EVER!

Thanks for listening! :flower3: I feel better now, like I have been to therapy....Who knew DISboards could be so helpful!:cool1::cool1:

Vickie

I know! I think the death of free dining has been reported on here every year since 2006 ;-)

Long live free dining!!!!!

Well, to me, it's been all but dead, because of those blasted blackout dates around Columbus Day, which is always when my girls' school fall breaks are (either the week before or after Columbus Day - usually before). It drives me nuts. As I've mentioned before, I'm hoping the relative lateness of Columbus Day this year causes that blackout period to be a few days later this year, though 10/5 or 10/6 I could probably work with.

I'm a firm believer in promoting the Viking discovery of the New World and de-emphasizing Columbus Day. Maybe the Vikings have some holiday like July 15th that Disney can put blackout dates around. Leave poor Columbus alone. ;) Go Erik the Red and Leif Erikson!

D'oh! I just googled Leif Erikson Day, and it's 10/9 this year. Can't catch a break there. :(

Well, to me, it's been all but dead, because of those blasted blackout dates around Columbus Day, which is always when my girls' school fall breaks are (either the week before or after Columbus Day - usually before). It drives me nuts. As I've mentioned before, I'm hoping the relative lateness of Columbus Day this year causes that blackout period to be a few days later this year, though 10/5 or 10/6 I could probably work with.

I'm a firm believer in promoting the Viking discovery of the New World and de-emphasizing Columbus Day. Maybe the Vikings have some holiday like July 15th that Disney can put blackout dates around. Leave poor Columbus alone. ;) Go Erik the Red and Leif Erikson!

D'oh! I just googled Leif Erikson Day, and it's 10/9 this year. Can't catch a break there. :(

Ha! Totally made me laugh out loud! Lol!

You all have such amazing stories of family and love. I feel I need to share. We planned our kids first trip then they were 2 and 5. All the grandparents were coming along as well. The travel agent asked if we wanted travel insurance. I responded with no nothing except death is keeping me away. Don't EVER say that. 3 months later I was diagnosed with cancer. I began chemo and radiation and could not make it to Disney. It broke my heart because I was so excited to share it with my kids. After 6 months of treatment I was in remition and on my way with my whole family to Disney. My parents were very worried that I would need a wheel chair and wouldn't be able to do everything I wanted. Truely nothing was going to stop me that time, and I did cry seeing my children there the first time walking down Main street. And no one could keep up with me. It was a new lease on life, and every day is a gift.

I think all of us Disney lovers have a very unique bond. There's nothing like it.

WOW:flower3: So glad you are healthy!

Ha! Totally made me laugh out loud! Lol!

Me too! Totally need to do more laughing.:lmao:

WOW what story. I wanted to send you a hug :grouphug: and let you know that those with TBI's are much more capable than people think. About 11 years ago my husband (didn't know him at the time) was driving home from work. Another car drove by and shot up his car (just a wrong place wrong time situation) causing a bullet to go into his head. He still has the bullet lodged in there (surround by scar tissue), but it resulted in the limited use of his right side. Well flash forward eleven years later and he is married with a son (step but if you ask him he is totally his) and has a college degree and works for the government. And he is the SMARTEST man I know. He is very sharp even though he is quiet around others he notices everything. So we don't ride most rides (but I'm ok with that) and the parks make him tired and his legs swollen. But he refuses to get an ECV or a wheelchair. Gotta love him and his determination. :flower3:

Gotta love those stubborn guys! :grouphug:

No kidding:lmao: Although, my kids love the dentist....I am the one that is afraid!!!

We were at the dentist today too. Best part is...HE'S a Disney addict too!
:lmao:

He tries to talk me into staying Deluxe. I'm thinking "Dude...I don't live on a Dentist's salary!" But he's a really nice guy, so I just smile and nod. :thumbsup2

Making ADRs in no way affects your resort reservation, whether you have free dining or not. People who stay off site and can't even purchase the dining plan can make ADRs. It makes absolutely no difference. The only thing I would wait on is booking are any pre-pay ADRs like CRT or the dinner shows so you don't have to bother with refund if you add the plan, free or not.

Thanks 411 and disneymom5, my sister just made her adrs and it was their old site she did it on because there was just too many problems with the new one. The old site asks if your using the dining plan or not when making your ress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter