Free Dining 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else looking forward to the EF&WF with all those lovely snack credits?

I'm excited, because we've never done it, but my son (going on 15, will be by the trip) is ecstatic.

He's wanted to be a chef since he was 4 yrs old; he's taking high school culinary classes & wants to go to Valencia in Orlando to their culinary program-- and they do a lot with internships at Disney & Universal.

So for him, being able to sample gourmet things like escargot & fillet mignion w/truffle sauce -- the kinds of things he's read about and heard about but never actually gotten to eat -- has him very very excited.:cool1::banana::woohoo:

We're going to have a lot of snack credits left over for the F&WF because other than sharing a couple of Dole Whips we don't do a lot of snacking in the parks (diabetics).

LOL yes, I know it is NOT for everyone... especially if you have to lug all that camping gear across country (we're just an hour away so it's no biggie).

But the kids have their own tent, we have ours, everyone has their own beds. I have a really nice, comfy queen sized air mattress, put on my bedding and it's like home. I pack in rubbermaid boxes & use them as end tables...

I even have a ceiling fan/light in my tent. We bring old, small portable TVs that have a hook up to the cable at the site.

It's so funny, we brought our kid's friend last year who was like, "What?!!! We're sleeping in tents!!?" and then he got there after we set up, went in and was like, "Damn! This is like a hotel!" :lmao:

So we're actually comfier than most people would believe, lol. And I love the amenties of a mod. resort over value resort (hot tub after parks!!!) so I prefer tenting to AS resorts.

But we've been tent camping longer than we've been coming to Disney-- and in some pretty rustic places with no electric/cable hook ups.

So camping at Ft. Wilderness is just luxury tent camping, and you simply cannot beat a 3 day Disney Weekend for about $120! :cheer2:

Sad thing is... we're going to PORS this year and all excited for staying there for once with dining and all... and I keep thinking to myself how much I'm going to miss my tent & beautiful Ft Wilderness. :confused3

Well now THAT all sounds lovely....but I don't think we'd have quite the finesse that you seem to have! If YOU pitch our tent, and make our beds, we've got a deal! :rotfl2:

But what about Facilities?!?!? Showers?!?!?!

But......there are pools and a beach there? THAT might make me look closer and rent a big ol winabago maybe .. . .. . .c'mon, say it with me ROADTRIP!!!

Anyone else looking forward to the EF&WF with all those lovely snack credits?

I'm excited, because we've never done it, but my son (going on 15, will be by the trip) is ecstatic.

He's wanted to be a chef since he was 4 yrs old; he's taking high school culinary classes & wants to go to Valencia in Orlando to their culinary program-- and they do a lot with internships at Disney & Universal.

So for him, being able to sample gourmet things like escargot & fillet mignion w/truffle sauce -- the kinds of things he's read about and heard about but never actually gotten to eat -- has him very very excited.:cool1::banana::woohoo:

We're going to have a lot of snack credits left over for the F&WF because other than sharing a couple of Dole Whips we don't do a lot of snacking in the parks (diabetics).

wait...are you able to use free dining when you camp? I thought that the campsites were always blacked out?

Well now THAT all sounds lovely....but I don't think we'd have quite the finesse that you seem to have! If YOU pitch our tent, and make our beds, we've got a deal! :rotfl2:

But what about Facilities?!?!? Showers?!?!?!

But......there are pools and a beach there? THAT might make me look closer and rent a big ol winabago maybe .. . .. . .c'mon, say it with me ROADTRIP!!!

Oh, I am totally not trying to talk anyone into it-- if you're not a camper and don't have the stuff, it's just not worth it. Especially if lugging cross-country. But for us it's very cozy & a great way to get a lot of Disney visits in a year when we have APs.

They have comfort stations in every camping loop with showers, mirrors, sinks, laundry, etc... I swear I have never seen cleaner bathrooms at a campsite.

As for pools-- yes, Ft. Wilderness has 2 pools; one smaller one (which is still pretty big) with a hot tub. One has the full facility-- water slide, hot tub, children's play area, etc. and of course the obligatory overpriced arcade & snack bar.

They have the nice beach, the wave runners, boats, etc. + a shuttle boat directly to the MK. You can also see MK fireworks from the beach. And there used to be a light parade of boats that went by the beach every night.

They have ponies you can go pet, horse & carriage rides, a dog park (you can bring your dog in a camper), horseback riding, archery, scenic jogging & bike trails, tennis, playgrounds, etc.

Every campsite has a bbq... but they also have take-out at the Trails end, you can get a big family bucket o'chicken dinner w/sides or pizza. I mean, you never have to fire up the BBQ if you don't want to... you can always just go out to eat like usual.

They also have every night (weather permitting) a big ol' sing-along. The guy comes with a banjo & tells jokes and gets everyone singing, they do a big camp fire, you make smores or roast marshmallows.

Then :lovestruc Chip & Dale come :lovestruc, and they dance around with everyone and do the hokey pokey and some hijinks-- then they go around and take pics with everyone.

And that's free for Ft. Wilderness guests every night-- one of my favorite all-time amenities!

Then they have movies under the stars... even if you don't rent a camper, they have cabins... and if you don't have FD a cabin works out as a better value than you realize because it has a kitchenette and you can just haul in your groceries.

It's a really nice resort, worth looking into, especially if you have kids who love the outdoors. I recommend checking it out sometime.

wait...are you able to use free dining when you camp? I thought that the campsites were always blacked out?

I don't know, we never used FD when we camped. I'm sure you can't use it for tent camping-- I don't know about cabins.

This year we're going to PORS, though; we wanted a change of pace.

Oh, I am totally not trying to talk anyone into it-- if you're not a camper and don't have the stuff, it's just not worth it. Especially if lugging cross-country. But for us it's very cozy & a great way to get a lot of Disney visits in a year when we have APs.

They have comfort stations in every camping loop with showers, mirrors, sinks, laundry, etc... I swear I have never seen cleaner bathrooms at a campsite.

As for pools-- yes, Ft. Wilderness has 2 pools; one smaller one (which is still pretty big) with a hot tub. One has the full facility-- water slide, hot tub, children's play area, etc. and of course the obligatory overpriced arcade & snack bar.

They have the nice beach, the wave runners, boats, etc. + a shuttle boat directly to the MK. You can also see MK fireworks from the beach. And there used to be a light parade of boats that went by the beach every night.

They have ponies you can go pet, horse & carriage rides, a dog park (you can bring your dog in a camper), horseback riding, archery, scenic jogging & bike trails, tennis, playgrounds, etc.

Every campsite has a bbq... but they also have take-out at the Trails end, you can get a big family bucket o'chicken dinner w/sides or pizza. I mean, you never have to fire up the BBQ if you don't want to... you can always just go out to eat like usual.

They also have every night (weather permitting) a big ol' sing-along. The guy comes with a banjo & tells jokes and gets everyone singing, they do a big camp fire, you make smores or roast marshmallows.

Then :lovestruc Chip & Dale come :lovestruc, and they dance around with everyone and do the hokey pokey and some hijinks-- then they go around and take pics with everyone.

And that's free for Ft. Wilderness guests every night-- one of my favorite all-time amenities!

Then they have movies under the stars... even if you don't rent a camper, they have cabins... and if you don't have FD a cabin works out as a better value than you realize because it has a kitchenette and you can just haul in your groceries.

It's a really nice resort, worth looking into, especially if you have kids who love the outdoors. I recommend checking it out sometime.

And THATS what makes that campground the best. The bathroom/shower area is the cleanest. And I love the smell of cooked bacon throughout the campsites

Well now THAT all sounds lovely....but I don't think we'd have quite the finesse that you seem to have! If YOU pitch our tent, and make our beds, we've got a deal! :rotfl2:!

Hmmm yeah, just thinking, maybe there's a business in that, huh?

You know there are people who rent camping equipment, and people who rent campers and go in and set it up for you.

I can combine the concepts-- set up deluxe tent sites, lol. Camping in style at Disney-- set up the nice tent & air mattresses with all the comforts of home, decorate the picnic table with a little vase & rose on top.

I can keep that one on the back burner for my retirement, lol. :scratchin

And THATS what makes that campground the best. The bathroom/shower area is the cleanest. And I love the smell of cooked bacon throughout the campsites

Ooh, yeah, love that smell. That and the coffee brewing. Something so cheerful for me about waking up to the sun & the birds & pretty greenery and all the delicious breakfast smells.

There's an article about a new Disney app that provides a great way to utilize your Disney vacation photos/videos.
PM me if interested, can not post. The app is called Story by Disney.

lol well we arent far from you outside of Youngstown and we had the rain too but spent the night grocery shopping! haha

I work in Steubenville, OH and of course as you know that city has been going through a mess with the football players and girl.

I have question might not be the right board but here it goes!!! I just got my final price owing from ta. I felt the price was a little high so I started crunching numbers, after that I called Disney to find out my balance which was $400 less than what ta said...I booked through caa what do u think? Could it be a mistake or is it a commission that I definitely wasn't told about? Help me please:headache:

I have question might not be the right board but here it goes!!! I just got my final price owing from ta. I felt the price was a little high so I started crunching numbers, after that I called Disney to find out my balance which was $400 less than what ta said...I booked through caa what do u think? Could it be a mistake or is it a commission that I definitely wasn't told about? Help me please:headache:

Definitely investigate as it should be roughly the same either way.

Definitely investigate as it should be roughly the same either way.

My original price with dining upgrades was approximately $2600 with fd there saying it's $2900 that's a $400 difference. And according to my Disney reservation it's the same price as what I originally had!!! So my ta was on holiday and had an assistant do u think she made a mistake or does caa get a commission?

Where are you staying? They could've add the room discount verses the free dining.
To compare, go online and run a quote and see what you come up with. The CA site might be in Canadian dollars? Make sure to clarify that when you call, but I think the Canadian dollar is pretty close to the US one right?

The other option is to call and ask if they applied free dining or room code. I called the other day and made a reservation and was assured it was free dining, but I did the numbers and it was way off. Called back and found she put room discount instead.

Where are you staying? They could've add the room discount verses the free dining.
To compare, go online and run a quote and see what you come up with. The CA site might be in Canadian dollars? Make sure to clarify that when you call, but I think the Canadian dollar is pretty close to the US one right?

The other option is to call and ask if they applied free dining or room code. I called the other day and made a reservation and was assured it was free dining, but I did the numbers and it was way off. Called back and found she put room discount instead.

It had fd attached and we r staying at movies

My original price with dining upgrades was approximately $2600 with fd there saying it's $2900 that's a $400 difference. And according to my Disney reservation it's the same price as what I originally had!!! So my ta was on holiday and had an assistant do u think she made a mistake or does caa get a commission?

She made a mistake. And all agents, even the disney phone ones get commission, but it is NOT added to your price, it is built right in there. The price does not differ by who you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter