Free Dining 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong, but fairly sure anyone with a ticket to the parks is entitled to use the bus system. You do not have to be staying onsite.

When I got our APs years ago the only answer we could get was for resort guests only. I think the main reason was to discourage people from crowding the lots at DTD to save the parking fees at the parks directly.

That kind of made sense because some of the APs give you free parking, and some don't. There were a lot of arguments between people as to whether this was "fair" or "sneaky" or whether you could "get busted" for going with a non-parking permit AP and just dropping the car off at DTD and jumping on the bus.

Admittedly, I'm not a total sticker for those kinds of rules & regulations, I have totally jumped that bus a few times... but I figured if they wanted ID the worst they could do was tell me it wasn't part of my package and not let me on.

The buses say "be prepared to show ID" which I took to mean key cards, myself.

I just checked Mouse Planet and it says it's 'legally' for:
- resort guests
- off-site guests with with park hopper tickets
- AP holders

When I got our APs years ago the only answer we could get was for resort guests only. I think the main reason was to discourage people from crowding the lots at DTD to save the parking fees at the parks directly.

That kind of made sense because some of the APs give you free parking, and some don't. There were a lot of arguments between people as to whether this was "fair" or "sneaky" or whether you could "get busted" for going with a non-parking permit AP and just dropping the car off at DTD and jumping on the bus.

Admittedly, I'm not a total sticker for those kinds of rules & regulations, I have totally jumped that bus a few times... but I figured if they wanted ID the worst they could do was tell me it wasn't part of my package and not let me on.

- resort guests
- AP holders

That's why they stopped having direct bus routs from downtown Disney to the parks.

Did you ever figure it out or just call?

What did you end up with?

YES! I was able to book All Stars Movie, Standard Room, 9/7-9/14 with free dining. Your link worked, but I STILL can not get it to work when I just log into the disneyworld website directly.....but I got what I wanted, so I am happy!! Thank you so much!!! :goodvibes

Actually, as a fairly local resident who's had APs, I've found that the absolute best bargain for us is just tent camping at Ft. Wilderness. $50 per night, all the on-site perks and amenities (including my beloved hot tubs that I like to come back to after a long day at the parks). Up to 10 people can stay so we've brought our kids friends who've had APs as well.

But then we're big tent campers, have all the equipment, air mattresses, etc. our tents are quite comfortable. I know that wouldn't work for everyone but it's the best value I've found.

Is this the link you tried?

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....mo&promotionCode=fy13q4dine&market=fy13q4dine

Did you click on the blue "book through July 31" square? Because it seems to be working for me... I just plugged in numbers and got PORS standard offer for the package deal.

Have you tried calling?

Yep - that is the link I tried. I avoid calling, since Disney doesn't utilize toll free numbers. It is really strange that the links you guys have given me work, but I still cant get on when i go to www dot disneyworld dot com ? Whatever.

As far as Tents - god bless ya! Yes, I have looked at that and realized we could REALLY have a budget trip doing it, then I think of all of us in tents and cry with laughter. More power to you - but when I am on vacation, a comfy bed is kind of a priority! Wish I, or my diva family, felt differently!

- resort guests
- AP holders

I think you were probably given some misinformation, all Disney transportation, including monorails, ferries and buses have always been available to any and all WDW guests, on site or off site. They haven't had direct bus service from DTD to the parks for a number of years and that was definitely to stop off site guests from parking there for free and going to the parks. But, really, if people are willing to transfer at the resorts, they can still get around that too - not right, but I'm sure some do it.

That's why they stopped having direct bus routs from downtown Disney to the parks.

Did they? Goes to show you how long it's been. I find that getting at least one premium AP (myself or my husband) to get the free parking pays for itself in a few day trips. Even if the rest of the family gets the cheaper passes, like seasonals w/blackout dates (because, really, who wants to go the most crowded peak season dates when you don't have to?)

Did they? Goes to show you how long it's been. I find that getting at least one premium AP (myself or my husband) to get the free parking pays for itself in a few day trips. Even if the rest of the family gets the cheaper passes, like seasonals w/blackout dates (because, really, who wants to go the most crowded peak season dates when you don't have to?)

Yea there were people parking at DTD in the morning and bussing to the parks to get free parking.

YES! I was able to book All Stars Movie, Standard Room, 9/7-9/14 with free dining. Your link worked, but I STILL can not get it to work when I just log into the disneyworld website directly.....but I got what I wanted, so I am happy!! Thank you so much!!! :goodvibes

Awesome congrats that is great!

Yep - that is the link I tried. I avoid calling, since Disney doesn't utilize toll free numbers. It is really strange that the links you guys have given me work, but I still cant get on when i go to www dot disneyworld dot com ? Whatever.

As far as Tents - god bless ya! Yes, I have looked at that and realized we could REALLY have a budget trip doing it, then I think of all of us in tents and cry with laughter. More power to you - but when I am on vacation, a comfy bed is kind of a priority! Wish I, or my diva family, felt differently!

LOL yes, I know it is NOT for everyone... especially if you have to lug all that camping gear across country (we're just an hour away so it's no biggie).

But the kids have their own tent, we have ours, everyone has their own beds. I have a really nice, comfy queen sized air mattress, put on my bedding and it's like home. I pack in rubbermaid boxes & use them as end tables...

I even have a ceiling fan/light in my tent. We bring old, small portable TVs that have a hook up to the cable at the site.

It's so funny, we brought our kid's friend last year who was like, "What?!!! We're sleeping in tents!!?" and then he got there after we set up, went in and was like, "Damn! This is like a hotel!" :lmao:

So we're actually comfier than most people would believe, lol. And I love the amenties of a mod. resort over value resort (hot tub after parks!!!) so I prefer tenting to AS resorts.

But we've been tent camping longer than we've been coming to Disney-- and in some pretty rustic places with no electric/cable hook ups.

So camping at Ft. Wilderness is just luxury tent camping, and you simply cannot beat a 3 day Disney Weekend for about $120! :cheer2:

Sad thing is... we're going to PORS this year and all excited for staying there for once with dining and all... and I keep thinking to myself how much I'm going to miss my tent & beautiful Ft Wilderness. :confused3

Sad thing is... we're going to PORS this year and all excited for staying there for once with dining and all... and I keep thinking to myself how much I'm going to miss my tent & beautiful Ft Wilderness. :confused3

I am a camper by nature myself. I would love to tent camp at Fort Wilderness!!! If only I lived closer.

LOL yes, I know it is NOT for everyone... especially if you have to lug all that camping gear across country (we're just an hour away so it's no biggie).

But the kids have their own tent, we have ours, everyone has their own beds. I have a really nice, comfy queen sized air mattress, put on my bedding and it's like home. I pack in rubbermaid boxes & use them as end tables...

I even have a ceiling fan/light in my tent. We bring old, small portable TVs that have a hook up to the cable at the site.

It's so funny, we brought our kid's friend last year who was like, "What?!!! We're sleeping in tents!!?" and then he got there after we set up, went in and was like, "Damn! This is like a hotel!" :lmao:

So we're actually comfier than most people would believe, lol. And I love the amenties of a mod. resort over value resort (hot tub after parks!!!) so I prefer tenting to AS resorts.

But we've been tent camping longer than we've been coming to Disney-- and in some pretty rustic places with no electric/cable hook ups.

So camping at Ft. Wilderness is just luxury tent camping, and you simply cannot beat a 3 day Disney Weekend for about $120! :cheer2:

My husband and I camped out at fort wilderness many years ago in a tent and I was more comfortable on the air mattress than in the resort beds. Though I'm used to camping in New England so it seemed odd waking up in the morning and not seeing pine trees. Plus the wildlife was a bit different too. Many armidillos kept coming into our site begging for food. Those things scared the he'll out of me.

I am a camper by nature myself. I would love to tent camp at Fort Wilderness!!! If only I lived closer.

My sister is camping there in November but she rented a 5th wheeler from an outside source. For forty dollars more per day, you get a golf cart too. Was thinking about this myself but it's cheaper to stay at a mod. I think she is paying about 130$ a day for the camper plus 50 for the site then 40$ for the golf cart.

My husband and I camped out at fort wilderness many years ago in a tent and I was more comfortable on the air mattress than in the resort beds. Though I'm used to camping in New England so it seemed odd waking up in the morning and not seeing pine trees. Plus the wildlife was a bit different too. Many armidillos kept coming into our site begging for food. Those things scared the he'll out of me.

Oh, I totally KWYM.

We're originally from NYC so we used to camp in Upstate & around New England state parks and campgrounds-- it took a WHILE of living here to get used to camping in FL. Especially in state parks and such-- after learning to camp out in FL swamp lands, Disney camping was a breeze.

My sister is camping there in November but she rented a 5th wheeler from an outside source. For forty dollars more per day, you get a golf cart too. Was thinking about this myself but it's cheaper to stay at a mod. I think she is paying about 130$ a day for the camper plus 50 for the site then 40$ for the golf cart.

If she likes camping she's going to love camping at the fort-- especially in a trailer.

It's beautiful grounds-- the pools are gorgeous, the beach is gorgeous, it's just so refreshing to me but I always preferred the outdoors to hotels.

My favorite part of the trip is going to Chip & Dale's camp fire sing along at night-- so fun.

Oh, I totally KWYM.

We're originally from NYC so we used to camp in Upstate & around New England state parks and campgrounds-- it took a WHILE of living here to get used to camping in FL. Especially in state parks and such-- after learning to camp out in FL swamp lands, Disney camping was a breeze.

I would love to do the camping but not sure if I want to make that drive down from Rhode Island. The drive going down was not so bad but the ride back seemed so much longer.

Going exactly the same date at the same hotel. we eill probably meet each other without knowing it :)

Does somebody know how many times in advance do we have to wait to fantasmic in september? IS it more than 1 hour like they say everywhere or because it'S value season 30 minutes in advance will be enough?

We have been to F! in September and we were walking into the theater about 30 minutes before show time. As we were walking in, we heard the announcement that they were now at standing room only. At first we were bummed, but the standing room section worked well for us. It was humid so we didn't have to sit shoulder to shoulder with people and we were able to head towards the exit as the show was ending and beat the crowd out. But, if you want/need a seat, I would get there 45-60 mins ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter