Free Dining 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I'm fairly new here but have been lurking on this thread for the past week and have read every post, lol I know you all understand. You have so much great information!

I started lurking when I heard about the dates of free dining coming in September. I was trying to talk DH in to going then. We have been to WDW 2 times in the past three years but have stayed off site. When we left in December last year we said next time we are staying on site with a DP.

Well it seems I haven't yet talked him in to sept. but last night I mentioned the PINs that some are getting and told him they may release free dining for dates in nov and dec. This morning he says we could discuss going in Nov or Dec more! This is his way of saying if we can get free dining we can go!!

Sorry such a long post but I knew only you guys would understand how excited I am!! So here's to hoping for a PIN or GP dates in Nov/Dec.

Sending you good luck Pixie Dust:tinker::tink::tinker::tink:

Read the fine print when looking at some of those off site hotels. I know the Hilton charges something like $14 to park and another $20 dollars for resort fee....something along those lines. So that $69 can easily be double that once you tack on fees and taxes.

I will do that...but honestly, even at $140 per night, that is pretty much better than on property can do for our family :confused3

Thanks for the ideas, I guess I will call - I really can't imagine that EVERYTHING could be sold out, but any reference of the offer has disappeared! I couldn't even get on the website yesterday, finally did last night, but couldn't book because I got torn away....and then tried this morning and it's gone. Even the "free dining ad" that showed up the side of facebook and here on the DIS has disappeared :( this morning I got scared that the website went down because SO MANY PEOPLE were booking free dining, and then it came up with the remaining dates that were then scooped up. Had no trouble pulling any room, any category on the computer at Rack Rate, but the only "special offer" is the current summer deal.

I really hope I am wrong!!! Going to call over and see what I can find . . .

I will do that...but honestly, even at $140 per night, that is pretty much better than on property can do for our family :confused3

Thanks for the ideas, I guess I will call - I really can't imagine that EVERYTHING could be sold out, but any reference of the offer has disappeared! I couldn't even get on the website yesterday, finally did last night, but couldn't book because I got torn away....and then tried this morning and it's gone. Even the "free dining ad" that showed up the side of facebook and here on the DIS has disappeared :( this morning I got scared that the website went down because SO MANY PEOPLE were booking free dining, and then it came up with the remaining dates that were then scooped up. Had no trouble pulling any room, any category on the computer at Rack Rate, but the only "special offer" is the current summer deal.

Heres the link and it works.

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....mo&promotionCode=fy13q4dine&market=fy13q4dine

Thanks for the updates on the FD dates. Now I know which dates to avoid planning my last minute trips.

Does somebody know how many times in advance do we have to wait to fantasmic in september? IS it more than 1 hour like they say everywhere or because it'S value season 30 minutes in advance will be enough?

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

But as far as staying elsewhere-- you have to really crunch the numbers to see if it really does work out in your benefit. Sometimes it seems cheaper to stay off property; but when you take into account the parking fees, car rental fees, the time it takes to commute, etc. it's not really much of a bargain at all compared to a value resort.

I'm also waiting for Disney to start requiring people using the bus system to start showing key cards or something-- soooo many locals with APs or visitors going to the "walk to DTD" motels try to use the bus system at DTD to get to the parks & avoid the parking fees. But those buses are supposed to be for resort guests only. So it's always possible that at some point Disney is just going to draw that line and start checking passengers.

So far they haven't, and I haven't heard any rumors, but lets just say I wouldn't be surprised if it happened unexpectedly.

MackenzieFL said:

But as far as staying elsewhere-- you have to really crunch the numbers to see if it really does work out in your benefit. Sometimes it seems cheaper to stay off property; but when you take into account the parking fees, car rental fees, the time it takes to commute, etc. it's not really much of a bargain at all compared to a value resort.

I'm also waiting for Disney to start requiring people using the bus system to start showing key cards or something-- soooo many locals with APs or visitors going to the "walk to DTD" motels try to use the bus system at DTD to get to the parks & avoid the parking fees. But those buses are supposed to be for resort guests only. So it's always possible that at some point Disney is just going to draw that line and start checking passengers.

So far they haven't, and I haven't heard any rumors, but lets just say I wouldn't be surprised if it happened unexpectedly.

With the my magic+ they could easily put that into effect. I'd have no problem with it either!

Thanks! I was able to square things off with the link another poster provided, it works, but I still can't access the discount going directly through Disney's website, :confused3 so it's a bit of a mystery!

Regarding the busses -- I would really hope so too, and kind of have always been prepaerd and expected to show our KTTW card. We have always stayed on property and feel very loyal to the onsite locations, but the prices are starting to get too steep. I didn't mean that by walking to DTD I would hop on the Disney busses, but that I was just as close to the magic as some of the on site locations.

I think the offsite places would be a bargain with annual passes, otherwise that to value becomes a wash, EXCEPT we have a large family which needs 2 rooms in on site, but can do one for much less off. Thats just us though....

Does somebody know how many times in advance do we have to wait to fantasmic in september? IS it more than 1 hour like they say everywhere or because it'S value season 30 minutes in advance will be enough?

I am one of those big Fantasmic lovers myself! :joker:

Depends on how close to the front & center you want to be really, because front & center go first and go fast even in slow season.

Fantasmic's stadium is H-U-G-E. It's like that stadium metal staggered bench seating.

Naturally, front & center start to fill up first. Then front & off center. Then center all the way up. Then maybe some people go to the extreme sides in the front. Etc.

Peak season you can miss out; but during value season, they don't always 'sell out'... so often we will just not bother waiting, we'll just go 10 minutes before the start, sit in the back or off to the side. You still get a pretty great view. But at this point we've seen it like 20 times; we'd rather just spend the time playing rather than waiting in line.

But if you really want to see it "right" the first time, if you want to get close enough to get great zoom-in shots of the characters, etc., I'd say get there at least 45 minutes before to head to the front of the line and get those first few front & center row seats.

Thanks! I was able to square things off with the link another poster provided, it works, but I still can't access the discount going directly through Disney's website, :confused3 so it's a bit of a mystery!

Regarding the busses -- I would really hope so too, and kind of have always been prepaerd and expected to show our KTTW card. We have always stayed on property and feel very loyal to the onsite locations, but the prices are starting to get too steep. I didn't mean that by walking to DTD I would hop on the Disney busses, but that I was just as close to the magic as some of the on site locations.

I think the offsite places would be a bargain with annual passes, otherwise that to value becomes a wash, EXCEPT we have a large family which needs 2 rooms in on site, but can do one for much less off. Thats just us though....

Actually, as a fairly local resident who's had APs, I've found that the absolute best bargain for us is just tent camping at Ft. Wilderness. $50 per night, all the on-site perks and amenities (including my beloved hot tubs that I like to come back to after a long day at the parks). Up to 10 people can stay so we've brought our kids friends who've had APs as well.

But then we're big tent campers, have all the equipment, air mattresses, etc. our tents are quite comfortable. I know that wouldn't work for everyone but it's the best value I've found.

Is this the link you tried?

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....mo&promotionCode=fy13q4dine&market=fy13q4dine

Did you click on the blue "book through July 31" square? Because it seems to be working for me... I just plugged in numbers and got PORS standard offer for the package deal.

Have you tried calling?

We usually get there 30 to 40 minutes in the off season :-)

I am one of those big Fantasmic lovers myself! :joker:

Depends on how close to the front & center you want to be really, because front & center go first and go fast even in slow season.

Fantasmic's stadium is H-U-G-E. It's like that stadium metal staggered bench seating.

Naturally, front & center start to fill up first. Then front & off center. Then center all the way up. Then maybe some people go to the extreme sides in the front. Etc.

Peak season you can miss out; but during value season, they don't always 'sell out'... so often we will just not bother waiting, we'll just go 10 minutes before the start, sit in the back or off to the side. You still get a pretty great view. But at this point we've seen it like 20 times; we'd rather just spend the time playing rather than waiting in line.

But if you really want to see it "right" the first time, if you want to get close enough to get great zoom-in shots of the characters, etc., I'd say get there at least 45 minutes before to head to the front of the line and get those first few front & center row seats.

With two really Young kids (2 and 5) I'M glad That I will probably have seat even if I get there about 20 minutes in advance! on the side will be all good for me!!!lol gonna try to catch a fast pass for toy story before that time.. gonna be a better way for my child to use the time:P
TY for the information

But those buses are supposed to be for resort guests only. So it's always possible that at some point Disney is just going to draw that line and start checking passengers.

I could be wrong, but fairly sure anyone with a ticket to the parks is entitled to use the bus system. You do not have to be staying onsite.

Actually anyone with park passes AP, MYW etc whether staying at a resort or not is entitled to use the Disney transportation system as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter