• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining 2013 Part 2 ~ The Sequel

So, if my husband signs up on disneyworld dot com with his brother's address, and the mailer with the PIN goes to his brother's address, will we be able to apply it to our reservation at our own address, because it's in my husband's name?

So, if my husband signs up on disneyworld dot com with his brother's address, and the mailer with the PIN goes to his brother's address, will we be able to apply it to our reservation at our own address, because it's in my husband's name?

If that happens, the only thing you can do is try...call Disney and ask; if you are told "no", never hurts to run it by another CM. I am a little curious, why not just use your address??;)

:welcome:

PINs are more tied to the house address than the name. Have him create his own account under his real address. Otherwise, he may end up getting PINs at the false address that he can never use.

Just trying to increase my chances, that's all! I figured my brother in law can just keep his eye on the mailbox for us. He can intercept it (it'll be in my husband's name).. can't hurt to try, I guess. Right?

If that happens, the only thing you can do is try...call Disney and ask; if you are told "no", never hurts to run it by another CM. I am a little curious, why not just use your address??;)

We are using our own address. And my brother in law's. And my mom's. Their likelihood of going to Disney is extremely slim so they are keeping their eyes peeled for Disney fliers in the mail in our names.

Just trying to increase my chances, that's all! I figured my brother in law can just keep his eye on the mailbox for us. He can intercept it (it'll be in my husband's name).. can't hurt to try, I guess. Right?

That's what I thought the reason was;) lol...and if it does happen, no guarantee's, but there is always a possibility. Good luck!:thumbsup2

So, today in my desperate attempt to find out about a pin I check my hubby's email. (his permission no worries lol) so instead of just a normal look at the last few days I did a search and GUESS what I found????

He sent himself a pin from his work email in 2011 but never told me!!! So now I have mixed emotions..Happy to have a pin. (even though so long ago) but so sad he didn't tell me. :confused3

So, today in my desperate attempt to find out about a pin I check my hubby's email. (his permission no worries lol) so instead of just a normal look at the last few days I did a search and GUESS what I found????

He sent himself a pin from his work email in 2011 but never told me!!! So now I have mixed emotions..Happy to have a pin. (even though so long ago) but so sad he didn't tell me. :confused3

Oh man! I think that is a good sign that you have had one before. Maybe he knew you weren't able to go at that time and didn't want to disappoint you. :-)

We just got our pin email yesterday for free dining for many dates from august to December but we cannot go.

We always get tons of emails from Disney destinations (which must just be a division of Disney itself) and I believe it is due to the fact that we go down with some sort of regularity. We always make our bookings ourselves through Disney and do all of our ADR's online, so we're in the system. (have the Visa also, and although I have gotten a couple things from there, these pins are not because of that). Occasionally they will also mail us something with discount rates. We haven't planned a trip this year, however, so I think they're trying to get us. Just hope that next year, when we are actually going, they will still be trying!

I really believe this makes a difference. We've been going to Dis once and sometimes twice a year every year since 2005. We ALWAYS got pins. Now, for the past 2 years I've been using a TA, and I realized that I now have not been getting any pins. ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!!! :-(

UGH! My dilemma:

I had my package booked with free dining for 9/24 to 10/1 staying at CBR! We had an emergency come up, so I had to use some of my Disney money :mad::eek:
Had to move down to a value ASMu. A little sad and disappointed but at least we will be in WDW!

I have all my dining reservations booked. I'm trying to price out upgrading my QSD to regular dining. Not sure if I can do it, depends on price and when I need money by and am so confused if I should put money out to do it!

How long do I have to cancel my dining reservations without being charged for them? I have a dinner and breakfast scheduled for Chef Mickey so I had to give them my credit card for those two ressies! :confused: :confused:

Help!!!! Need some input!

UGH! My dilemma:

I had my package booked with free dining for 9/24 to 10/1 staying at CBR! We had an emergency come up, so I had to use some of my Disney money :mad::eek:
Had to move down to a value ASMu. A little sad and disappointed but at least we will be in WDW!

I have all my dining reservations booked. I'm trying to price out upgrading my QSD to regular dining. Not sure if I can do it, depends on price and when I need money by and am so confused if I should put money out to do it!

How long do I have to cancel my dining reservations without being charged for them? I have a dinner and breakfast scheduled for Chef Mickey so I had to give them my credit card for those two ressies! :confused: :confused:

Unless otherwise stated, you have to cancel an ADR no later than 24 hours in advance of the reservation to avoid the $10.00 late cancel/no show fee.
Vacation packages are supposed to be paid no later than 45 days prior to your check in date. I'm not 100% positive, but I think you can upgrade your FD package when you check in (which would give you some extra time to save the money for the upgrade). If you decide not to upgrade, just cancel your ADRs in time so you won't be charged the fee.
I suggest calling Disney reservations to find out for sure if you can upgrade the FD plan when you get there. Just tell them you're not sure if you want to do that or not so would it be possible to ... Good luck!
And I hope whatever the emergency was that it's nothing too serious. Enjoy your WDW vacation!

UGH! My dilemma:

Okay, my 2 cents:
Doesn't sound like it's going to be easy to upgrade for you since you're trying to price it out and all that. So, why not keep the QSD and enjoy it. You have plenty of time to research all your available options. Let me tell you, there are some awesome "better choice for your value" quick service options out there. Like regular meals! go to allears and scour the menus!
2nd, cancelation is a lot closer to the reservation time, so you can certainly cancel now with no penalty. the sooner the better. I don't know the exact time, but it could be like 48 hours or something, but I'm sure someone will tell you. Make sure you follow up later and be sure you didn't get charged though, because some have said they had problems, but who knows there could be more involved in that.
Also, if CM has your heart, why not keep QSD, but keep your breakfast at CM and cancel the dinner. Save just enough to splurge on that. Again, check prices on allears to see if that price scenario works or even makes sense. If you didn't really care about that, then, no prob to cancel both.
You'll have fun anyway!!!!:)

Oh man! I think that is a good sign that you have had one before. Maybe he knew you weren't able to go at that time and didn't want to disappoint you. :-)

That is what I am thinking, we "got one in past" may happen again. Your right about the dates because we went then in March of 2012.

SORRY: meant to quote Katmat...kids home from school are starting to get to me : )

Okay, my 2 cents:
Doesn't sound like it's going to be easy to upgrade for you since you're trying to price it out and all that. So, why not keep the QSD and enjoy it. You have plenty of time to research all your available options. Let me tell you, there are some awesome "better choice for your value" quick service options out there. Like regular meals! go to allears and scour the menus!
2nd, cancelation is a lot closer to the reservation time, so you can certainly cancel now with no penalty. the sooner the better. I don't know the exact time, but it could be like 48 hours or something, but I'm sure someone will tell you. Make sure you follow up later and be sure you didn't get charged though, because some have said they had problems, but who knows there could be more involved in that.
Also, if CM has your heart, why not keep QSD, but keep your breakfast at CM and cancel the dinner. Save just enough to splurge on that. Again, check prices on allears to see if that price scenario works or even makes sense. If you didn't really care about that, then, no prob to cancel both.
You'll have fun anyway!!!!:)

Oh, man...I am so sorry for your situation and I hope everything is okay! I don't know if this will help, but since you already had your package booked before June 17 (is that correct?), then you should at least not be charged the higher price dining difference. And roughly, it is $18 and some change to upgrade to basic dining for adults per day, and is about $3 and some change per child per day!!! Hope everything works out!!!!pixiedust:

UGH! My dilemma:

I am glad you are still able to go!!!:cool1: Hope all is okay!:)

I just made some reservations in the hope that free dining comes out for November 30, our check-in day :cool1: I even got a Garden Grill. I figured it would be better to do it now and cancel if FD never comes, rather than rush with everyone else to get a reservation if it does come out.

Keeping the faith LOL :thumbsup2

I have a question. (I should know the answer having gone to Disney every year for over ten years now but I don't.) If I book a trip for October and then free dining comes out for October, I know I can get the free dining adjustment BUT what if my dates turn out to be black out dates, can I change the dates of my trip without a penalty? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter