Free Dining 2013 Part 2 ~ The Sequel

I know :sad: I was hoping that it might have possibly opened a day early so I could squeeze it in on our last day or at least catch a soft opening. But not looking that way now if they have extended it to 11/13. :(

Oh, that blows!!!! I love Peter Pan!!! Ah, well....I'm sure I can find something else to do. lol

As for Typhoon Lagoon, it is always closed at the end of the year for normal maintenance. I was hoping they would push it back to November 2nd, but no such luck. :( I wanted to swim with the sharks.

prettypatchesmsu said:
I know :sad: I was hoping that it might have possibly opened a day early so I could squeeze it in on our last day or at least catch a soft opening. But not looking that way now if they have extended it to 11/13. :(

We're there until the 2nd. I was hoping to go on it before we left. The initial report was it was done on the 31st. They changed it apparently.

Oh, that blows!!!! I love Peter Pan!!! Ah, well....I'm sure I can find something else to do. lol

As for Typhoon Lagoon, it is always closed at the end of the year for normal maintenance. I was hoping they would push it back to November 2nd, but no such luck. :( I wanted to swim with the sharks.

I will just have more time for Dumbo!! :-))

Don't know if anyone has listened to this week's podcast yet, but Pete let it slip that he has it on good authority that there WILL be FD offered for the rest of the year. I don't know how much of a sure thing it is, but he gave me an injection of hope that it will be released.

Don't know if anyone has listened to this week's podcast yet, but Pete let it slip that he has it on good authority that there WILL be FD offered for the rest of the year. I don't know how much of a sure thing it is, but he gave me an injection of hope that it will be released.

I heard the same thing...hmm, if this a legit leak, maybe the offer is not too far off???:goodvibes

Yay anything is something, right ?

I don't know who Pete is but I really don't care if he is talking about discounts. :-)

I'm such a noob as this is the very 1st WDW trip we are planning and responsible for (in all aspects) & I'm so overwhelmed with all the info! If we are staying in a standard room at POP & FD magically extends in Nov (let's say the 11-19), will we be eligible? Would they do a free basic one?

Oh some pixie dust would be great!! We are already having to figure out how to get from POP to Give Kids the World so DS can get his free day in (stayed there last yr for his Wish Trip & he loves it!!). We can't wait til he's old enough to go back and volunteer!!! Anyway, looks like we may have to rent a car for that day.

Pete is the one that owns the DisBoards!

Nice to see we're getting his attention...

Wow! That is good to know!! I need to write him a thank you for providing my daily entertainment with the Disboards! I love all my new disney fanatic friends!! :-)

I'm such a noob as this is the very 1st WDW trip we are planning and responsible for (in all aspects) & I'm so overwhelmed with all the info! If we are staying in a standard room at POP & FD magically extends in Nov (let's say the 11-19), will we be eligible? Would they do a free basic one?

Oh some pixie dust would be great!! We are already having to figure out how to get from POP to Give Kids the World so DS can get his free day in (stayed there last yr for his Wish Trip & he loves it!!). We can't wait til he's old enough to go back and volunteer!!! Anyway, looks like we may have to rent a car for that day.

We were all there once and we all gotta start somewhere. You are gaining experience with every new detail you learn, and, you are experienced with a side of things that most of us are not; give kids the world. And I am sure you are able to provide invaluable details to other families.:)

With that said, your dates look good if Disney mimics the PIN dates for a GP release. As far as room availability, Disney does only allot so many room categories per offer. However, Pop does have the most rooms and typically standards have been part of a FD offer, so that looks good too.:yay:

I hope your family has a magical journey and that free dining is the icing on your cake. Good luck!!! :cheer2::cool1::cheer2::cool1::cheer2:

Ooops! Almost forgot; yes, you can upgrade from quick to basic dining plan. We always do. It was typically in the $18 range for adults and the $3 dollar range for kids per day, but it has gone up last month and depending on when/if you have already booked if that will apply.

Right now I'm booked at POR standard/wheelchair assesable with roll in shower. If fd dining happens, would I have a chance with this room category or will i have to move. We would be adding fd under the visa offer.

Right now I'm booked at POR standard/wheelchair assesable with roll in shower. If fd dining happens, would I have a chance with this room category or will i have to move. We would be adding fd under the visa offer.

There's [almost] always the possibility. Being able to get in early with the DVC (assuming they give the 3 day head start for DVC holders) just increases your chances. Good luck!

So DD & I booked 10/24-28 in POFQ in anticipation of FD being offered. It will be a 1st mother/daughter trip & we want to go to F & W festival. She is taking college classes so we are only able to swing 4 nights without her missing any class. (& hopefully take advantage of the FD). She does have a break 10/15-21 so we were thinking about switching till then to be able to have an extra day. If FD begins again on the 18th, how much of a pain is it to have a split ressie at the same resort or actually split value for 2 nights & mod for the 3 nights to get FD?
Sorry for rambling, I'm in that "planning" mode where all my free thoughts revolve around a Dianey trip.

So I'm sitting down at the pool at the campground we have a seasonal site at and I meet me, 20 yrs from now. Her and her husband moved from PA to Florida, not for the weather but for Disney! Lol They spend 6 months here and 6 months in FL. We are moving to Florida in 3 yrs too. My husband is going for the weather, I'm going to be closer to the mouse. We must have talked for an hour plus about WDW. My husband was laughing because me and this woman share the same brain lol So I of course told her about the DISBoards. She'll probably be joining shortly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter