FP+ is Live! Magic Bands in the park!

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by PrettyFlower2, Apr 24, 2013.

1. taysalyn

taysalyn <font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>no

DH and I will be there next week and hopefully we can try them out. I'll be asking guest relations as soon as I get there. We'll see. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

Can you explain to me how the new system will cause someone to spend more money?

And I hazard to guess the Disney can change the TOS at any time. It I'd done all the time. Just have to issue a new one

4. LisaInNc

LisaInNc Succulent Wild Woman

My perfect Fastpass is to be able to get 3 ahead of time for the "must do" type of rides. Then to be able to do the other rides as a regular Fastpass system allows. That leaves me some control and some flexibility.

I have been to WDW more than 30 times my must do is Soarin and Peter Pan's Flight. My DD is Soarin and The Many Adventures of Pooh AKA "Honey Pots" as she has been calling it since was was 2 If we get to do those 2, whatever else is just fun. For us going so much if we miss something it's no big deal.

My DH he likes Rocking Roller Coaster. He just pretty much follows whatever else we want to do.

If we get those three we are happy and the rest is gravy.

For a once in a lifetime trip for a family I LOVE that they would let them select the must do attractions. They get to go home doing the most important things they wanted to do. They get to supplement other attractions too with the regular Fast Pass.

It's a win win for everyone if this is how they do it.

Lisa

5. AustinTink

AustinTink DIS Veteran

I honestly feel really badly for travelers who inevitably will just show up at Disney. They are plenty of them out there. They will book a hotel room offsite and plan to just mosey on over to the parks without a master plan. They will not likely know anything about fast pass plus beforehand.

There are going to be so many frustrated people wandering around the parks not feeling any Disney "magic" whatsoever.

6. BraythansMom

BraythansMom SAHM that loves making bows & going to Disney Worl

That sounds exciting!

7. ceemys

ceemys DIS Veteran

I'm still not sure I like this. For example we have to run to get a FP for TSM at rope drop and then it is still hours later before we can ride. What will happened when people want a FP? Will the system lock up? what time can you log in and get one? What if your phones don't work in the park? Sometimes the electronic systems aren't better. :(

8. WILDERNESS FAN 55

WILDERNESS FAN 55 CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Disagree. For one thing there will be FP+ available for day guests. Also most people who "mosey" just want to enjoy the things they do see and not worry about the things they don't.Plenty of Magic in the park without the use of FP. Also in "off" seasons FP is pretty much a non factor except for the diehards.

9. revdon64

revdon64 Mouseketeer

Please avoid the idea of "it's fairer for X" unless you're including how it will be fairer for those who do plan and do make rope drops. Otherwise it's not really fairer.

10. bwang123

bwang123 Posts: 1,457,177,981

we are here now (since saturday) and all of the touch points at rides I noticed at HS, MK and Epcot were covered.

11. BelleBeautyandtheBeast

BelleBeautyandtheBeast <font color=red>Disney Dreamer<br><font color=blue

By spending less time in queue lines they are guessing you will spend more time shopping, doing pay attractions (tours, BBB, etc.) or eating. They view you standing in a queue line as wasted time, time that you could be doing other stuff that potentially makes them more money. Who knows if it will actually work that way. Time will tell.

12. brockash

brockash DIS Veteran

This doesn't make any sense to me though. I know you're correct and this is what "Disney" is using as theoretical reasoning, but only allowing 3 fastpasses per day, would cause us to theoretically spend more time in lines, as we always use way more than 3 a day.

13. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

There's the potential of not having to run all over the park to get the FPs, go back to what you were doing, then go on back to ride. If there's a more centralized point, or if you can do it on your phone, etc, that's a lot less nonsensical criss-crossing.

There are about 300 who could tell us, I imagine, since it's Tuesday and the OP said it's been being tested since Sunday. The question is...are they in this thread?

It also matches the new online checkin timing.

Those people don't generalize use FP, though. Aren't they the ones grumbling about how much "those people" must have paid as they go by in the FP line?

Not DLR. But I believe DLR stopped allowing late use of FPs. Sadness.

That's where I get stuck, too. :)

14. Snow Wight

Snow Wight ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

My friend just checked into Poly today. She is going to concierge to check into it. Hopefully we can get some firsthand info.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

15. jerivera

jerivera Mouseketeer

Interesting. I view it as wasted time too. ;)

16. superdisneydork

superdisneydork Mouseketeer

I'm getting quite nervous now, I had hoped roll-outs would be delayed to minimize impact on my September trip.

As the other posters have commented, my main concern is with this concept of having to book my rides 60 days out. It sounds chillingly like ADRs, which never play nice with me because A) I may not really have that much warning on a trip and B) I can't possibly be sure what I'm going to want to ride/eat and when at 2 months.

Obviously, I'm going to hit the big ones like TT, Soarin, ToT, etc, but in what order and time I don't know. Plus, if I get to the park and find out I have a FP for a time when that ride is just not busy, well that's really frustrating, and wasteful. I am afraid though that if I don't book them 60 days out, they'll be gone when I get to the park.

I love the concept of picking them up by phone/kiosk with magic bands in the park. I hate the 3 per day limit/1 park per day (I use PH often) and I really hate the idea of pulling them 2 months out.

Ideally, I could pull up to 3 at the 60 day mark, for one park per day, and then when I get there I could get additional ones for the park I'm in once my band has been gate scanned. That seems like best case, but unlikely. I'd also be quite happy with choosing between picking three in advance OR using the FP+ system in the park to pull from my phone once I've arrived, with no limits. Or them just not getting rid of the old FP (which is almost what I expected, otherwise the FP+ name is kind of weird, it'd be like PP+ with PP)

Hopefully some of this stuff gets cleared up soon, but I'm not getting Magical feelings here...

Matt

17. Planogirl

Planogirl I feel the nerd in me stirring

I don't understand how being limited to three fastpasses a day (and only one headliner if the rumors are true) helps anyone save time. That part of the plan escapes me too.

I hope that someone will post details about the bands. I don't like to wear things on my wrist when it's hot but I don't carry a bag either. I'm hoping that they are soft enough to easily carry in a pocket.

18. Tink3rbell86

Tink3rbell86 Mouseketeer

Before they roll anything out for FP+ they probably should get the MyDisneyExperience app working properly. It still doesn't recognize my Vacation reservation number and some of my dining reservations are missing (but i can see it all online...except my balance and cant make payments) If these things don't work how do i know that when FP+ is rolled out it will 1. allow me to actually make the FP+ reservation 2. That it will be there when i get to the ride, plus soo many more questions. Why does Disney have the worst website :badpc: ??

We love to park hop and even tho we do plan out our dinner ADR's it plays a small part in where we may spend our day because we often go back to epcot for dinner. So the fact that now i would have to figure out what park i would be in each day to make sure i had FP and only be able to use the 3 in one park would stress me out.

If they did do it that you could only do 3 in one park each day that may cause more people to not buy park hoppers! I guess we will all just have to wait and see... :confused3

19. capegirl

capegirl DIS Veteran

Hooray !. :yay:
    I want to be randomly selected for that magic wrist band!

20. BebopBaloo

BebopBaloo DIS Veteran

lol :rotfl: me too

21. msmileyface

msmileyface Mouseketeer

I called Disney. I told them I am travelling in June and asked if I would have to worry about the new FastPass system. The person on the phone was very surprised I was even asking about this. He said, "Oh, no.. that's only JUST being piloted now and it won't really be rolled out until 2014." Just my 2 cents.