FP+ is Live! Magic Bands in the park!

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by PrettyFlower2, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Cais

Cais DIS Veteran

Steal my credit card info from the magic bands? That's pretty rich considering there isn't any personally identifying data stored or carried on the bands.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TJBerry

TJBerry Mouseketeer

I know it is speculation, but an interesting idea and something that may make FP+ more palatable to naysayers.

4. notnothin

notnothin A Pirate's Life For Me

Indeed. People just don't seem to understand this part.

5. BebopBaloo

BebopBaloo DIS Veteran

Can we consider letting this thread go back to the -hey FP+ is being tested in the parks, right now, hooray- type of thread that it started as?

6. notnothin

notnothin A Pirate's Life For Me

Not likely. It's relatively calm at the moment, but wait until the normal FP+ debaters arrive.

7. nmtdisney

nmtdisney Earning My Ears

I hope the magic bands are ready in December! I have loved what I have read about them so far! :)

8. hollygolitely93

hollygolitely93 DIS Veteran

It would be great to keep the debate to a separate thread so that this thread can be reserved for new news...every time the post cou t jumps I keep hoping it is from someone actually testing the dang thing ;)

9. mesaboy2

mesaboy2 DIS Veteran

They are somewhere (don't recall where exactly), and I know they can be found on the MDE app under Privacy & Legal.

As long as 60 days is mentioned in those, that's the best number we have to go on.

10. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

11. Tiffany507s

Tiffany507s Mouseketeer

I'll be there Friday night late (Concierge may not be open). I'll for sure go ask on Saturday if I get in too late Friday. I'll report back if anything exciting happens.:thumbsup2

12. joshsmom

joshsmom <font color=009933>I baked a cake, put on respecta

I have not read a lot about these because I just figure that things will change A LOT before it actually goes live. But I do have a question:

Has anyone heard of anything with FP+ that will prevent the "waste" factor of the current FP system? We all know that people (myself included) have gotten FPs and then for one reason or another, have not used them. I have always tried to "gift" mine to a family that wanted them on my way out. But if you make reservations at 60 days out, and then decide that you don't want to use them (or can't use them or whatever), unless you go into the app and CANCEL them, they would just be wasted, right? How many people would actually go in and cancel them? Until there were credit card holds for dining options, many people didn't cancel ADRs--they just didn't show up.

13. JeRmS

JeRmS Mouseketeer

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :rolleyes2 :smokin: :rolleyes1

This part is extremely entertaining
    Not sure the last time you have been to any of the parks, but I've gone numerous times over the past year and can tell in no way have "scores of people been driven away" .... I wish that were the case but unfortunately it's not. In fact I believe Disney just reported profit gains for the past year which would indicate the opposite of your pessimism!

14. ilovemk76

ilovemk76 DIS Veteran

Only allowing FPs for headliners at one per day is a fairer way for all guests.

15. donnajherren

donnajherren Slacking off

Maybe you're thinking about the special personalized wristbands that will be available for purchase once everything is switched over from cards?

16. RandFamily

RandFamily DIS Veteran

I'm really excited to try out FP+. I'll be arriving next Monday and I will definitely ask and see if I can get in on the testing!

17. diamondpixienc

diamondpixienc DIS Veteran

Ok, so if I have an upcoming trip in early August, should I be checking the My Disney Experience for a link or an email or something? Just needing some more info if possible. Thanks:0)

18. FlightlessDuck

FlightlessDuck Pluto's personal nose scratcher

This is WDW only, right? Not DLR? We will be at DisneyLand this summer and I want to make sure there's no surprise.

19. Vohdre

Vohdre Mouseketeer

I actually just spoke to someone from Disney's tech support group on some unrelated My Disney Experience issues I'm having and mentioned about how I hoped it would be up and running for my trip in September and I knew they were testing now. Her response was that yes, they are testing it with some guests at Deluxe Resorts currently.

20. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

Rode KRR today with a family that had them.

21. Ginacrella

Ginacrella California Girl

I was going to ask the same thing.