For anytime is food time ... Pooh time. Update 1/30 - Chef Mickey's #214

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the second rave review for Narcoossee's I have seen in the last 24 hours...I am so excited that I added it in for our Oct trip!

Great reports! Good food!

but :rotfl: forgive me - Mary Poppins needs a manicure!!

That is the second rave review for Narcoossee's I have seen in the last 24 hours...I am so excited that I added it in for our Oct trip!

Us too! We have NEVER done a siggy rest. This trip we have 2 planned now. Narcoossee's and Jiko. Can't wait for both!

Checked back and I'm glad I did! Thanks for fixing the images! Love love LOVE the report!!! :thumbsup2

CP for breakfast is one of my top 5's.

LOVE the french toast and breakfast lasagne:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Thanks for the pics....we have our ADR there on my B-day in 3 weeks:cool1::cool1:

bit late but im in!!
we are considering some of the places you ate at, dh is now sold on Jiko, and i have convinced him to return to Boma for bfast and dinner!!!
your girls are beautiful, glad your having a magical time
Tracy

Great. Jiko's food was fantastic and I loved Boma's breakfast.

OMG, the breakfast at CP looks FANTASTIC!!! YUM!! We never do breakfast with the kiddos at a sit-down but that almost makes me want to change my mind.... Narcosee's calamari however, did not look so very appetizing. I might have sent that back. Your daughter's food looked great! I can't believe that is on the CURRENT Disney kid's menu!

I love to start the day with a character breakfast. The calimari at Narcoossee's was very good. The picture probably doesn't do it justice.

It's very good indeed. Be sure to take the boat over there.

Great reports! Good food!

but :rotfl: forgive me - Mary Poppins needs a manicure!!

Thanks and :rotfl:

Us too! We have NEVER done a siggy rest. This trip we have 2 planned now. Narcoossee's and Jiko. Can't wait for both!

Same here. They have not dissapointed and I have not felt that they take any longer than non-signature meals.

Checked back and I'm glad I did! Thanks for fixing the images! Love love LOVE the report!!! :thumbsup2

NP

CP for breakfast is one of my top 5's.

LOVE the french toast and breakfast lasagne:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Thanks for the pics....we have our ADR there on my B-day in 3 weeks:cool1::cool1:

Same here. We actually forgot how good CP was. Glad we added it back in.

Great pics, I love Narcoosee’s

Thanks.

We arrived at 9:12 am for our 9:35 ADR and we received our table at 9:17, which was before we took our picture with Cinderella. This was nice, no waiting for a change. CRT breakfast is a lot of fun for little princesses. It’s an all you care to eat, pre-plated breakfast served inside Cindy’s castle. We always enjoy CRT, because our DDs enjoy it so much. You start with a picture with Cinderella before you head into the restaurant. A photo package is included for groups of 4 or less and 2 photo packages are included with 5 people. Also, all the kids get a wishing star and the boys get swords and the girls get wands.

Here’s our DD’s meeting Cindy.
P1060982.jpg

Here’s what you get to eat:
They start you off with fruit salad. This was very good on this occasion and had some very nice mango slices. You also get a plate of pastries
P1060987.jpg

P1060988.jpg

We had already started eating these before snapping a pic, so please forgive us.

Grownups get a choice of hot or cold healthy breakfast.
The hot breakfast is eggs, bacon, potato casserole and stuffed French toast with berry sauce.
P1060998.jpg

DW got it w/o sauce
P1060989.jpg

Mrs. Potts got the cold breakfast and loved it.
P1060997.jpg

The DDs got French toast sticks, eggs and bacon
P1060990.jpg

While we ate, we met Snow White, Jasmine, Aurora and Belle
P1060994.jpg

P1060999.jpg

P1070006.jpg

P1070012.jpg

Our server was named Marina and she was awful. She did her best to ruin our meal. :rotfl: That’s what you get with prepaid tips. Of course, we didn’t let her and enjoyed anyway. She never once offered to refill anything. We didn’t push the issue because we still had 20 snack credits to use.

I love this breakfast spot. I can’t tell you if it’s “worth the money” but it is waaaaaay better than Norway and gratuity is included, so factor that in. I give it a 4.

DW gave it 3.5

Mrs. Potts loved her first time in the castle and loved her breakfast and gave it 4 stars. If we had a better waitress, I bet it would have been higher.

That’s a total of 11.5/15.
Without DxDDP it would have cost $184.52

I had the Togarashi Spiced Ahi Tuna with sticky rice, wasabi tobiko, wakame, soy glaze, and vegetable rolls. This was fantastic.
P1060924.jpg
That looks so yummy! I think I'll have to get this the next time I eat at Narcoossees if it's still on the menu.

Smart Water and Fuze - yes, we picked the most expensive drinks:rotfl2:
P1070026.jpg

Frozen lemonades
P1070029.jpg

Ariel's favorite, she bugs us for this colored sugar stuff all the time. We got the smallest ones as snack credits.
P1070031.jpg

Fresh potato chips, a soda and chocolate milk from Cosmic Rays
P1070044.jpg

P1070045.jpg

P1070046.jpg

S'mores Fudge
P1070092.jpg

Coke Zero and Apple Juice
P1070093.jpg

And the rest (with 2 hours to spare):rotfl2:
P1070167.jpg

Really enjoyed your reviews and the great pictures :thumbsup2

When you ordered the pressed pot of coffee at Narcoosee's did it come with a small plate of macaroons?

My sister and I had the BEST dinner of our trip there last year and that was the perfect ending to our meal.

We are thinking of heading back there in two weeks and were wondering if the cookies still came with the coffee or if our waitress was just being extra nice to us??;)

Thanks for indulging the love of yummy food photos and reviews!! :goodvibes

that smores fudge stuff looks good, where did you get that from;)?

Thanks for great updates, I'm still back and forth if we should try Tutto Italia (so many good reviews) but I grew up in Long Island so I do understand about great Italian places and when I was dating (now my husband and I used to drive into NYC for dates). I love Narcoosee's its one of my favorite restaurant (one trip I ate there 2x and had it room service once...love that Maine Lobster and Crab cakes). I'm sad I can't fit it in our December trip (so many new ones to try). I can't believe they only have 3 characters at Cape May, when we went there last Feb 08 they had Minnie, Goofy, Chip and Dale but when I look at your photos...it seems like they have fewer selection of food (we went there too b/c its a character meal we haven't been). My husband tells me...you really don't go for the food at his character meals...you just want to check it off your list (its not really true b/c we would not go to Ohana character meal b/c my son is not into Stitch and the food selection doesn't appeal to us. And Akershus b/c we went to CRT and I have a son so no need to go to Akershus. I need to go to Garden Grill (but then the food selection does not appeal to me...but might go anyway to check it off and my son likes the character selection) Thanks for sharing.

OMG, those homemade chips are making me SO hungry!!!! Your girls hit the Princess jackpot at the castle!! I am happy that a not so groovy waitress didn't sour your day!:thumbsup2

Really enjoyed your reviews and the great pictures :thumbsup2

When you ordered the pressed pot of coffee at Narcoosee's did it come with a small plate of macaroons?

Thanks. We did not get any macaroons.

that smores fudge stuff looks good, where did you get that from;)?

It was good. DW grabbed it at the big candy shop on Main Street

Narcoossee's looks awesome!!!!

It was :thumbsup2

Thanks for great updates, I'm still back and forth if we should try Tutto Italia (so many good reviews) but I grew up in Long Island so I do understand about great Italian places and when I was dating (now my husband and I used to drive into NYC for dates). I love Narcoosee's its one of my favorite restaurant (one trip I ate there 2x and had it room service once...love that Maine Lobster and Crab cakes). I'm sad I can't fit it in our December trip (so many new ones to try). I can't believe they only have 3 characters at Cape May, when we went there last Feb 08 they had Minnie, Goofy, Chip and Dale but when I look at your photos...it seems like they have fewer selection of food (we went there too b/c its a character meal we haven't been). My husband tells me...you really don't go for the food at his character meals...you just want to check it off your list (its not really true b/c we would not go to Ohana character meal b/c my son is not into Stitch and the food selection doesn't appeal to us. And Akershus b/c we went to CRT and I have a son so no need to go to Akershus. I need to go to Garden Grill (but then the food selection does not appeal to me...but might go anyway to check it off and my son likes the character selection) Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome. BTW - I love the 'Ohana breakfast. Especially the one we had today (foreshadowing).

OMG, those homemade chips are making me SO hungry!!!! Your girls hit the Princess jackpot at the castle!! I am happy that a not so groovy waitress didn't sour your day!:thumbsup2

Thanks.

so clarify...

this is an all yo can eat, but not a buffet or family style?

they take individual orders and then you are supposed to be offered more?

do you know does this work the same way for lunch too?

planning and hoping to eat at CRT for my youngest DD's b-day next year (she'll be turning 4) and I want to do BBB pre-park opening then blast thru some Fantasyland rides then request the first seating time for lunch...

just wondering :confused:

TIA

though those bfast goodies looked to yummy!

and must try that Smores Fudge :thumbsup2

so clarify...

this is an all yo can eat, but not a buffet or family style?

Yep. Preplated on individual plates, not family style.

they take individual orders and then you are supposed to be offered more?

Not so much individual orders. There are 2 choices for adults the hot or cold. The kids don't get any choices. Then they are supposed to give you more of any or all of the stuff you had.

do you know does this work the same way for lunch too?

No. The lunch is more like a traditional restaurant menu, where you order an individual item and do not get refills.

We had a 6:50 ADR, I ran ahead of the group and checked in at 6:44. I was told that they were running about 15 minutes behind the ADR schedule. I figured we’d wait. I got a chance to speak with some interesting characters outside of Le Cellier while we were waiting to be seated. We were seated at 7:18. Our waiter was Mo from Morocco and he was terrible. Unfortunately, there is a trend developing between Mo and Marina from CRT and we are getting the short end of the service.

Sour Apple Slush – Ariel’s drink
P1070146.jpg

Breadsticks – but where is the pretzel bread?
P1070147.jpg

So we requested some more.
P1070150.jpg

Carrots and celery
P1070151.jpg

Spicy Chicken and Chipotle Sausage – this was a bit spicy, but had good flavor
P1070152.jpg

Mixed Field Greens without the crumbled blue cheese – Mrs. Potts seemed to enjoy this
P1070153.jpg

Cheddar Cheese Soup – okay I am missing the thrill of this soup. It was sort like eating fondue with a spoon. Don’t get me wrong, I like fondue, but I don’t usually order mine straight up
Grown up version
P1070154.jpg

Kid’s version
P1070155.jpg

Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon with wild mushroom risotto – this is where Le Cellier really delivers. The Filet was awesome and the risotto was good too. Here’s where LC lives up to the hype.
P1070156.jpg

Coffee-rubbed Kansas City Strip Steak – again, LC hits a home run. The steaks here are very good indeed.
P1070158.jpg

Roasted All Natural Chicken Breast
P1070159.jpg

Kid’s Meal
P1070157.jpg

Desserts
Kid’s sundae
P1070160.jpg

Chocolate “Moose” – the best of the dessert offerings
P1070161.jpg

S’mores – I didn’t care for this one, but DW liked it.
P1070162.jpg

The bottom line. This is an extremely over-hyped restaurant on DIS. I guess there are a lot of reasons why restaurants become popular and ADRs hard to come by. If you are looking for a very good steak for dinner and want to spend only one TS credit, I can see why you’d like Le Cellier and why you’d be willing to over look poor service and mediocre appetizers and desserts. Frankly, this formula has been working for Peter Luger’s for years not that I’m comparing LC to Luger’s (LC’s steaks are not that good). But Luger’s invented gruff service, and have a lot of over-priced and under performing appetizers and desserts and people line up for tables.

Based on the food alone, I gave Le Cellier 4 stars.
DW and Mrs. Potts each gave Le Cellier 3 stars.
Total score 10/15

Price without DxDDP $178.15

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter