For anytime is food time ... Pooh time. Update 1/30 - Chef Mickey's #214

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DH did. Unfortunately onions are naturally kind of high in carbs, so even removing the hunk of bread only does a little bit. He really enjoyed it though.

I can't imagine removing the bread from the soup. Of course I could live on just carbs. :rotfl:

So, we were in the midst of a 3-meal day. We were thoroughly stuffed from Kona breakfast and Chefs de France lunch and had an ‘Ohana ADR on the horizon (not to mention an extra meal credit to deal with). As much as we like ‘Ohana, the thought of unlimited meats on sticks was not too appealing on a full stomach. So DW and I walked over to guest services outside of the world showcase, cancelled our ‘Ohana ADR (somebody got lucky during free dining) and proceeded to call for DRs for the signature restaurants. There was nothing at Cali Grill, they had some really late ones at Citricos and Flying Fish and not much else. We decided on Artist Point, because the could get us in at 910 and because we could take the boat between Wilderness Lodge and BLT.

Let me start out by saying that this review is going to be a bit weird, since DW did not like anything she ordered, but in spite of that, had a great time thanks to Javier, our waiter from Columbia, who was excellent. We arrived at Artist Point at nine and we were seated by five after nine. The décor at AP is fantastic, it incorporates the rustic Americana of the Wilderness Lodge into an upscale, open airy restaurant.

We were promptly served the best bread and butter “course” of our trip.
0822091-1.jpg

I started with the mussels. These were average at best, nothing special, but not too bad either.
P1070318.jpg

DW had the venison potstickers. She described them as “too meaty” and only ate the wrappers. Javier then brought them to me to eat. I thought they were okay.
P1070320.jpg

Mrs. Potts ordered the cheese plate. This was the best of the starters.
P1070319.jpg

Ariel got the watermelon
P1070321.jpg

Aurora got a salad that was apparently camera-shy.

Mrs. Potts and I both had a bison sirloin for our entrees and it was excellent.
P1070325.jpg

DW ordered the wild boar. We were expecting something resembling a port chop, but that was not the case. The boar was very gamey and the meat was stringy. I would recommend that you avoid this dish – get the bison!
P1070323.jpg

Javier tried to give this one to me when he saw that DW wasn’t eating it, but I did not care for it at all.

The girls had a grilled chicken dish and the mac and cheese.
P1070322.jpg

P1070326.jpg

For desert, the girls had the White Chocolate Mickey Puzzle with Cookie. They had a lot of fun painting it.
P1070328.jpg

Our desserts:
Crème brulee
P1070329.jpg

Artist Point Cobbler - Seasonal berries and housemade black raspberry ice cream
P1070330.jpg

Double Chocolate Cheesecake with vanilla shortbread, raspberry coulis, Grand Marnier mousse, and candied orange
P1070331.jpg

Okay, so DW has officially delined to give AP a numerical rating, since she didn’t like her food, but had fun anyway. Let’s give it a 3 from DW.

I thought the appetizers and desserts were quite average, but my entrée and the service were excellent, so I gave AP 3.75.

Mrs. Potts gave AP a 4.

Total Score = 10.75/15
Total Cost without DxDDP = $259.93

Yes - the berries are back! I even thought they took the bison off the menu for a bit there!

It was one of our favorite restaurants -

Yowza that is a lot of cobbler. And the kid's dessert is so cute, omg.:cutie:

I really enjoyed your dining reviews.:thumbsup2
You ate at some of the same restaurants that we have picked out for our trip, (Nov.27-Dec. 4.) and will be trying for the first time.
We plan on having dinner at Sanaa's, the burger your daughter ordered looks huge.
I will remember to order the burger at Sci-Fi as you recommended.;)

I am getting really excited for our trip.:banana::santa:

You ate at some of the same restaurants that we have picked out for our trip, (Nov.27-Dec. 4.) and will be trying for the first time.
We plan on having dinner at Sanaa's, the burger your daughter ordered looks huge.

The burger was so good at Sci-FI, and I don't usually like red meat.

Thanks for all your reviews, especially the pics. . .making me hungry. Can't wait to get to WDW to eat. . .and the desserts . .WOW.

It was one of our favorite restaurants -

Not my favorite, but it was an enjoyable meal (at least for me).

And the kid's dessert is so cute, omg.:cutie:

The girls loved painting their puzzle desserts.

You're very welcome. We all loved Sci-Fi so much we're going back again soon.

The burger was so good at Sci-FI, and I don't usually like red meat.

We'll see if you order a burger this time.:lmao:

Thanks for all your reviews, especially the pics. . .making me hungry. Can't wait to get to WDW to eat. . .and the desserts . .WOW.

You're very welcome. And sorry for the delay in wrapping this one up.

Geez, it's been like forever since I've been on DIS boards, but real life gets in the way sometimes. Since we're going back to WDW soon, DW told me I had to finish this dining report before we start eating again. :rotfl2: And, since there's only one meal left to go, I better wrap it up this week.:thumbsup2

Great reviews... you inspired me to start my own. We have a lot of the same likes and dislikes too! So, how many leftover credits did you end up with?

Great reviews... you inspired me to start my own. We have a lot of the same likes and dislikes too! So, how many leftover credits did you end up with?
We had no left over credits. We changed out last dinner to a 2ts so that took care of all the meal credits, then we hit the candy counter and picked out fudge and chocolate as well as mickey heads to take home after our breakfast at Chef Mickeys.

Hello everyone. It's been quite a while since I started this "live" dining report. In fact we've since been to WDW again and taken a Disney Cruise. Sorry, no reports for those two events, too much stress. :rotfl:

So . . . our last day tradition is always breakfast at Chef Mickey's. We are normally not big fans of buffets, but we like breakfast so much, we make an exception for Chef Mickey's. Let's start with the new (it was new then) lobby set up. It is so much more organized that it used to be.

For those of you who are not familiar with breakfast at Chef Mickey's, it is a full breakfast buffet with all the trimmings and features the fab 5 - Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto. The food is generally good and there is a nice variety. The staff is always refilling, so there is plenty to go around. The highlights for me include: Goofy's Vegetable Lasagna, breakfast pizza (unfortunately, the peanut butter pizza is gone - allergy issues, I guess), and the made to order pancakes.

Chef Mickey's is loud and hectic with great character interaction. We always have fun at Chef Mickey's, but some folks can't handle the excitement and get carried away. We've had issues there before (including a family that actually and loudly accused us of cutting the line, because our buzzer went off first), this time was no exception. We had to groups of people rudely cut in front of the characters at our table, every one else just waits their turn at there table and the CMs will assist you if you miss a character. One of these folks (a grown up, of course) continued to hover at our table and tried to ruin our pictures, but DW called over a CM and he quickly shooed that lady away from our table.

Overall we enjoy this meal and our DDs always ask for it, so we'll be back soon. We each gave it 4 stars, for a total of 12. It cost us one meal credit each, but would have cost us $109.65 if we paid cash.

I guess it has been so long, that DH forgot how to add pictures to the dining report. So here they are.
First up a picture of us:
0823004.jpg

Some food:
0823005.jpg

Cheerios with gummy bears:
0823006.jpg

Breakfast of champs:
0823007.jpg

Mickey:
0823010.jpg

Donald Duck:
0823015.jpg

Goofy:
0823034.jpg

Minnie:
0823039.jpg

Pluto
0823041.jpg

Thank you for such great dining reviews, with great pics and a scoring system - awesome!
we have made a bunch of ADRs for our first EVER disney trip (including AP for our wedding dinner) and these things are really helpful!
Lx

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!