For anytime is food time ... Pooh time. Update 1/30 - Chef Mickey's #214

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pictures...loving your updates.popcorn::

Thanks.

Thanks for the awesome reviews. Your girls are too cute, loved the pic to them dancing at Biergarten.

Thanks, they loved it.

What is that butterscotch-chip covered snack on the Mickey curly straw? looks yummy!

It's 3 marshmellows dipped in dark chocolate, coated with peanut butter chips and drizzled in white chocolate.

Really enjoying your reports :)

Thanks.

You officially made my DH drool...over the beer in Germany. It's his FAVORITE part of the trip :rotfl: :drinking1

wow Jiko looked awesome. I may have to reconsider Beirgarten. I always hesitate making an adr there as I have 2 picky eaters in my group.

I love goofy's candy co. can't wait to go there in oct. Already deciding between pretzel sticks and marshmallow. luckily, i have plenty of time to decide.

Loving your report. A couple of comments...

Your girls are so pretty! Someone said that they looked like fairies and I couldn't have described it better myself.

"Jiko-The Eating Place"...that's just hilarious. It is the eating place!

We got stuck with Mary Poppins once at the Princess Story Book breakfast and another time at the CRT breakfast and that was a major let down. Don't get me wrong...she's a great character but not a princess.

Last comment....those are some huge beers! Gee whiz.

Loving the report,
your girls are adorable and look like they are having a blast.

What a great report! THanks so much for taking the time to update all of us drooling on our keyboards!! :thumbsup2

I can't wait until our first trip in December. OUr little girl will be turning 4 and we are hoping to get ADR's at several of the restaurants you listed!

Can't wait to drool...oops...I mean read more!!:)

Thanks for such great reviews! Your daughters are adorable...you all look like you are having a great time! I wanted to try Biergarten for our upcoming trip but my bf vetoed it...maybe next time!!

You officially made my DH drool...over the beer in Germany. It's his FAVORITE part of the trip :rotfl: :drinking1

That's great. He'd love biergarten.

wow Jiko looked awesome. I may have to reconsider Beirgarten. I always hesitate making an adr there as I have 2 picky eaters in my group.

I love goofy's candy co. can't wait to go there in oct. Already deciding between pretzel sticks and marshmallow. luckily, i have plenty of time to decide.

The food at Jiko was pretty good, but for two TS credits it aughta be. Loved Biergarten - DW is a picky eater and Mrs. Potts is doing weight watchers and they both liked it. You should give it a shot. Goofy's candy shop is great, luckily it wasn't too busy when we got there.

Loving your report. A couple of comments...

Your girls are so pretty! Someone said that they looked like fairies and I couldn't have described it better myself.

"Jiko-The Eating Place"...that's just hilarious. It is the eating place!

We got stuck with Mary Poppins once at the Princess Story Book breakfast and another time at the CRT breakfast and that was a major let down. Don't get me wrong...she's a great character but not a princess.

Last comment....those are some huge beers! Gee whiz.

Thanks. Honestly, I was at the buffet and missed MP anyway, so no biggie.

Loving the report,
your girls are adorable and look like they are having a blast.

Thanks.

What a great report! THanks so much for taking the time to update all of us drooling on our keyboards!! :thumbsup2

I can't wait until our first trip in December. OUr little girl will be turning 4 and we are hoping to get ADR's at several of the restaurants you listed!

Can't wait to drool...oops...I mean read more!!:)

Thanks.

Thanks for such great reviews! Your daughters are adorable...you all look like you are having a great time! I wanted to try Biergarten for our upcoming trip but my bf vetoed it...maybe next time!!

Thanks.

Too tired to do live reports tonight, but here's a preview: we ate at Cape May Cafe, Sci-Fi and Tutto Italia.

I am sitting here waiting for my turn to shower to get ready for Boma. So glad I came across your pictures. I can't wait. Thanks for sharing.

Cape May Café is located in the Beach Club Resort, which is a beautiful DVC property located near Epcot. This was a must do for DW because it’s the only character breakfast we’d never been to. Now that we completed all of the character breakfasts, we will likely not be venturing back to Cape May unless we are staying at the Beach Club or Boardwalk; it’s really not work the trip from anywhere else. First, there are only three characters, Minnie, Goofy and Donald, so you won’t get as many pictures and autographs as other character spots. Second, the offerings are more limited and a bit lower quality than Chef Mickey’s, Crystal Palace or Tusker House. The highlights for me were the breakfast pizza and the bread pudding; the rest was average or below average, particularly the breakfast meats which were dried out.

We arrived for our 9 o’clock ADR at 9:08 (hey Disney transportation is not always a piece of cake). It was pretty busy at the podium and we were seated at 9:19. Our server was Betty and she was not very good, she didn’t clear the used plates and was a bit gruff.

Here are some of the food pics:
P1060673.jpg
P1060659.jpg

P1060660.jpg

P1060661.jpg

P1060662.jpg

P1060664.jpg

P1060665.jpg

P1060674.jpg

P1060675.jpg
P1060676.jpg
P1060677.jpg
P1060678.jpg

P1060679.jpg

We were seated at a booth, which can be a bit of a problem for character interactions. The Goofy and Minnie we only okay, but the Donald was great.
P1060683.jpg

P1060670.jpg

P1010185.jpg

I gave Cape May Café a 2.5
DW gave it a 3.5, but said they did not replenish fast enough.
Mrs. Potts gave it a 3, but couldn’t find trhe oatmeal – she might have scored it higher if she had the oatmeal.

Total Score 9/15
Total Cost without DxDDP $92.61

We had three meals for the first time and I was a bit nervous. Figured Sci-Fi was a good bet for lunch, since the reviews were iffy I figured we wouldn’t need to eat much. Turns out I was wrong, we all thought this place was great and the food was a big part of it. Don’t get me wrong, this place is not gourmet, it’s supposed to be a drive in and it delivers big time on drive in food, so order a burger, please.

It was a rainy morning, so we checked in a bit early for our 1:20 ADR (12:55 to be exact) and we were seated at 1:26. Our server was a charming lass from the Isle of Wight called Sarah. She was excellent, though she did not wear roller skates. She was attentive and efficient, but she really scored big time when she brought Mrs. Potts a free glow in the dark Tinkerbell because “she had to do something special for a 60th birthday.” She scored even bigger when she gave us another one, since we have to DDs in the party.

So for those who don’t know, this place is set up as a drive-in movie theater and most patrons are seated in cars. Here’s ours:
P1060739.jpg

It’s a bit dark, so you might want to take digital pictures of your food just so you can see what your eating.

We started with milkshakes, of course. DH loves chocolate, but wanted to try the Oreo Milkshake, so Sarah offer to make her milkshake half and half. Apparently these are premixed, so you can’t order a chocolate Oreo milkshake.
P1060742.jpg

I had the regular Oreo milkshake
P1060743.jpg

Birds-eye view
P1060745.jpg

On to the apps. DDs each started with sliced apples
P1060749.jpg

P1060753.jpg

I had the spinach and artichoke dip and chips and it was awesome. Three steps above your typical TGIFridays type fare
P1060751.jpg

DW had the onion rings. These were good, but nothing special.
P1060750.jpg

Mrs. Potts tried the BLT soup. I though this one was a bit strange, she liked it though.
P1060752.jpg

Entrees: 4 burgers and a mistake. Please order a burger here, you won’t be disappointed.
P1060755.jpg

P1060754.jpg

P1060758.jpg

DW ordered a chicken bruschetta sandwich. She recommends you order a burger and she normally does not eat meat (though she had 2 bites of mine).
P1060757.jpg

Deserts. Again. I have to say we were pleased with this course as well.
First, Mrs. Potts’ apple crumble
P1060764.jpg

DW and I each had the Peanut Butter-Chocolate Cake. This was very good.
P1060766.jpg

DDs had ice cream sundaes,
P1060765.jpg

P1060763.jpg

I gave Sci-Fi 4.5 stars.
DW gave it 4 stars based on the bad chicken sandwich.
Mrs. Potts gave it 5 stars.
Total score – 13.5/15 stars
Total cost without DxDDP - $118.18

After a long day at Hollywood Studios, we boarded a Friendship Boat bound for Epcot. No sooner than had we left the dock, we were faced with a potty emergency. I took Ariel (the subject of said potty emergency) off the boat at the Swolphin, while the rest of our intrepid group ventured on. BTW, the potty trip was a success and we were soon on the next Epcot-bound vessel. Due to my absence from the check-in, the following is based on hearsay, conjecture and speculation. 3/5s of our party arrived at Tutto Italia at around 8 for our 8 pm ADR. The waiting area was packed in like sardines. They called names quietly, one by one in heavy Italian accents. It was quite a struggle to hear which names were being called. Finally, our group was reunited and after a bit of a wait, we were seated around 8:30. Our server was Ylenia, she was friendly and sweet, but a bit overwhelmed. She even forgot the bread and butter – we had to request it. Here’s what we got:
P1060786.jpg

It was good. But it would have been better if it came out before the apps.

Speaking of apps, DW got the eggplant parm. She enjoyed it.
P1060781.jpg

Mrs. Potts had the kid’s salad, since Aurora LOVES Caesar salad, but its not on the kid’s menu and they swapped.
P1060782.jpg

Here’s the Caesar salad. As you can see, its not chopped, so it can be a bit of work for the diner and/or their parents.
P1060783.jpg

I had the fried calamari, which was very good.
P1060785.jpg

BTW, they were out of all kid’s starters, other than the green salad, so no mozzarella sticks for Ariel. I guess they didn’t anticipate the effect of free dining.

Entrees –
DDs shared the pizza and the spaghetti and meatballs from the kid’s menu
P1060789.jpg

P1060791.jpg

DW had the Cannelloni al Forno which was excellent
P1060790.jpg

Mrs. Potts had the salmon and was very happy with it as well.
P1060788.jpg

On Ylenia’s recommendation, I ordered some kind of tortellini, that was not so great and was a bit cold.
P1060787.jpg

Desserts.
I had the mocha tiramisu – it was good.
P1060797.jpg

DW had the profiteroles which were really good.
P1060799.jpg

Here’s the dessert Mrs. Potts actually ordered. I think it was the Gianduja - Chocolate Torta
P1060798.jpg

Ariel’s Mousse
P1060800.jpg

Aurora’s gelato
P1060801.jpg

After we finished our desserts, they comped a piece of chocolate cake and sang happy birthday in Italian to Mrs. Potts. The picture of the cake was blocked by the water glasses.

I rated Tutto Italia 3.5 stars
DW gave it 4 stars
Mrs. Potts gave it 4.5 stars
Total score 12/15 stars

Total cost without DxDDP would have been $214.07 without the wine. IMHO, this is a bit overpriced for the quality of the food and service. I admit, when it comes to good Italian food, I am a bit spoiled being from New York. This place is far better than any of the Italian food chains on I-drive and far superior to Mama Melrose, but if you’re not on the dining plan, you may not want to drop this much money for this meal.

Glad to hear you enjoyed Tutto. We have an ADR this trip and are looking forward to it. Also being original NYers we are a little picky with Italian food but figured we'd try it since we heard so many good reviews.Glad some other NYers found it to be tasty.:thumbsup2

oh thanks for posting Tutto review & pics...was trying to remember what the desserts looked like...

loving your pictures of everything.:thumbsup2

Glad to hear you enjoyed Tutto. We have an ADR this trip and are looking forward to it. Also being original NYers we are a little picky with Italian food but figured we'd try it since we heard so many good reviews.Glad some other NYers found it to be tasty.:thumbsup2

oh thanks for posting Tutto review & pics...was trying to remember what the desserts looked like...

loving your pictures of everything.:thumbsup2

Tutto was tasty, especially if you're not paying out of pocket :rotfl:.

Pretty good for theme park food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter