For anytime is food time ... Pooh time. Update 1/30 - Chef Mickey's #214

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a b'fast adr at Cape May this trip. I am dissappointed after your review. We are staying at BC though and it is on our last day right before we leave to go home. We usually eat at Boma our last day (chef mickey's last year for a change) but thought it would just be easier since Cape May is right downstairs.

Tutto looks good. May have to try it. (think it is too late to get adr for this trip)

Glad you guys likes SciFi and Tutto! We're trying SciFi for the first time and Tutto is one of our standard meals. We're from the NY area too and Tutto hasn't ever disappointed. Not AMAZING but by far the best Italian we've found on property

food looks fabulous...and your family looks like you're having a lot of fun at a lot of good restaurants. Hopefully you will be able to have some time for the rides & shows...I hear Disney is pretty good at that park stuff too.:lmao:

. DW got a grande frozen java chip frappucino – no whipped cream to save a few calories.

Mrs. Potts (little miss weight watchers) brought here own breakfast – a piece of 50% cheddar cheese and a vita-muffin top. Sorry, no pics of that. She did join us for coffee.

I love how you guys are going to WDW to like EAT the world and the are dieting up to the very last second. Oh, so me.....:lmao: Not your MIL but your Wife. The like 500 calorie drink but hey I'm saving like 25 calories here buddy by holding back on the whippy!:lmao: My hubby gets the biggest kick outta me sometimes cause of that stuff.:rotfl2:

P1060547.jpg

– Not really enough eggs for 5 people, we needed a refill right off the bat.
P1060548.jpg

P1060542.jpg
Is Mary Poppins really a princess? Maybe she’s been hired on to handle all the little princes and princesses.

I think that that plate of food looks like it would feed 2 people. seriously the serving spoon is as big as the eggs. I can't believe that they brought that out to you- or actually, you know, I can because the last time that we went we took the kids to breakfast at the castle and they brought us a plate EXACTLY the same size for all 6 of us. I remember asking our server if that was a joke. I mean really. Your plate had 4 sausages on it. You had 5 people at you table. One person is gonna be a Sad Sally until the server comes back and Lord help ya if you have a slow one. Yepper we don't do the Princess Breakfasts anymore. They are just too skimpy. We had Wendy, the Fairy Godmother as well as Mary Poppins. My children were the same age as your girls and they were confused as to why they were at a "Princess Breakfast" The only other Princesses that had made it the day we went were Cinderella and Snow White. Only 2 outta 5 were actual "Princesses" at our breakfast- I think that you had a better "Princess" day LOL!

Ok, found your report today, but I can't see your pictures. It has a picture of photobucket and says upgrade to pro, bandwidth exceeded. What do I need to do to fix so I can see pics? Hope I don't sound like to much of a dunce , but I figure someone out there in computer land could help me out.:thumbsup2

Ok, found your report today, but I can't see your pictures. It has a picture of photobucket and says upgrade to pro, bandwidth exceeded. What do I need to do to fix so I can see pics? Hope I don't sound like to much of a dunce , but I figure someone out there in computer land could help me out.:thumbsup2

It's not you, it's the OP. He has too many pictures stored on photobucket for the free account.

A little late joining....but i'll catch up. I'm in! Bring on the food pics!

Thanks. We're happy to have you.

We have a b'fast adr at Cape May this trip. I am dissappointed after your review. We are staying at BC though and it is on our last day right before we leave to go home. We usually eat at Boma our last day (chef mickey's last year for a change) but thought it would just be easier since Cape May is right downstairs.

If it's right downstairs, I'm sure it will be fine (not great, but fine). We took a bus and a boat to get there.

Glad you guys likes SciFi and Tutto! We're trying SciFi for the first time and Tutto is one of our standard meals. We're from the NY area too and Tutto hasn't ever disappointed. Not AMAZING but by far the best Italian we've found on property

Agreed.

I hope you guys are still having a great time. Food looks good.
We are. Thanks.
food looks fabulous...and your family looks like you're having a lot of fun at a lot of good restaurants. Hopefully you will be able to have some time for the rides & shows...I hear Disney is pretty good at that park stuff too.:lmao:

:rotfl2:

I love how you guys are going to WDW to like EAT the world and the are dieting up to the very last second. Oh, so me.....:lmao: Not your MIL but your Wife. The like 500 calorie drink but hey I'm saving like 25 calories here buddy by holding back on the whippy!:lmao: My hubby gets the biggest kick outta me sometimes cause of that stuff.:rotfl2:

She asked me to tell you that it is was a light frappucino and only 4 ww points.

I think that that plate of food looks like it would feed 2 people. seriously the serving spoon is as big as the eggs. I can't believe that they brought that out to you- or actually, you know, I can because the last time that we went we took the kids to breakfast at the castle and they brought us a plate EXACTLY the same size for all 6 of us. I remember asking our server if that was a joke. I mean really. Your plate had 4 sausages on it. You had 5 people at you table. One person is gonna be a Sad Sally until the server comes back and Lord help ya if you have a slow one. Yepper we don't do the Princess Breakfasts anymore. They are just too skimpy. We had Wendy, the Fairy Godmother as well as Mary Poppins. My children were the same age as your girls and they were confused as to why they were at a "Princess Breakfast" The only other Princesses that had made it the day we went were Cinderella and Snow White. Only 2 outta 5 were actual "Princesses" at our breakfast- I think that you had a better "Princess" day LOL!

Totally.

Your children are so gorgeous! You look like you are having a great trip!

Thanks.

It's not you, it's me. We should be back up now.

It's not you, it's the OP. He has too many pictures stored on photobucket for the free account.

Actually, it's too many views, not too many pics, but we should be back up.

Bummer! This looks like a good report!

Give it another shot.

A little back-story here. We did not have a breakfast planned for 8/19 90+10 some odd days ago, and had decided on trying the Tusker House lunch with the Nemo tix. Then DW started to get a yearning for some puffed French toast. So we decided to add on DW’s favorite breakfast as a “last minute” add. With the new online ADR system, it’s easy to keep checking and eventually got our 8:15 ADR for CP. Then just a few days ago, we came to our senses and decided to cancel Tusker, as there was just no way we’d want to run from MK to AK just for lunch.

A little background on CP. It’s located just off of Main Street on the left hand side as you approach the path to Adventureland. IMHO, it is the busiest, most hustlely-bustley TS place in the MK. It features Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eyore and is delicious. It is a very large all you can eat buffet, with many, many choices. Standouts include the puffed French toast, the breakfast lasagna, and of course the omelet/pancake station featuring chocolate chip Mickey pancakes.

Here’s a sample of the offerings:
P1060821.jpg

P1060823.jpg

P1060824.jpg

P1060826.jpg

P1060835.jpg

And the characters:
P1060834.jpg

P1060819.jpg

P1060831.jpg

P1060841.jpg

Overall, this is an excellent character breakfast and a lot of fun. While the characters are not my favorite, this is one where the food and location is worth the money.

I gave CP 4.5 stars
DW gave CP 4.5 stars
Mrs. Potts gave 4.5 stars
Wow! That’s 13.5/15.

P1060873.jpg

Frozen carbonated beverages, cream cheese pretzle and some non-frozen carbonated beverages.

P1060880.jpg

Purple tink lollipop - Mrs. Potts paid OOP not a snack credit since its 9 servings, so brink 8 friends if you plan to eat one of these.

Mickey pop
P1060881.jpg

Same snacks different girls
P1060884.jpg

P1060885.jpg

Cookie sandwich
P1060886.jpg

Narcoosee’s is a signature restaurant located right on Bay Lake at the Grand Floridian Resort. It is just a short boat ride from MK – I do recommend you take the boat and not the monorail, as Narcoosee’s is just a few steps from the boat dock. While Narcoosee’s is a 2TS meal and features upscale, creative food, it is not stuffy at all. The waitstaff wears blue button-down shirts with white aprons and all are very patient with patrons of all ages.

Our server was Zahira from Fez, Morocco and she was pretty good, though not the best. However, the service was adequate and the food more than made up for any deficiencies in the service. Here’s what we ate:
Bread and butter with Hawaiian Sea Salt – nothing special here, just okay, so don’t fill up on bread.
P1060909.jpg

P1060910.jpg

Apps
I had the calamari (again). This was very flavorful and I enjoyed it a lot. My one complaint would be that the olives made the dish a bit salty.
P1060911.jpg

DW had the tomatoes and mozzarella – this was very nice as well. And beautiful, too.
P1060912.jpg

Mrs. Potts ordered the cheese plate and we all sampled.
P1060915.jpg

Aurora had the kid’s Caesar salad – her fave.
P1060913.jpg

Fruit for Ariel.
P1060914.jpg

Entrees

Kid’s steak
P1060918.jpg

Kid’s cheeseburger
P1060919.jpg

DW’s Lobster
P1060922.jpg

Mrs. Potts had the Chef’s Recommendation which was flounder
P1060923.jpg

I had the Togarashi Spiced Ahi Tuna with sticky rice, wasabi tobiko, wakame, soy glaze, and vegetable rolls. This was fantastic.
P1060924.jpg

Desserts were good too.
Kid’s s’mores
P1060932.jpg

Gellato sampler
P1060934.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake
P1060937.jpg

Warm Valrhona Chocolate Cake - with blood orange sauce. DW requested this without the orange sauce, but it turns out the chocolate sauce its pretty orangey too, so she sent it back and got the cheesecake.
P1060936.jpg

Almond-crusted Cheesecake
P1060939.jpg

Fresh-pressed coffee
P1060940.jpg

DW and I each gave Narcoosee’s 4.5 stars and Mrs. Potts gave it 4.75 and said it was the best food thus far. For those of you keeping track at home, that’s 13.75/15 and our highest score yet. If you’re on the fence, I recommend you give Narcoosee’s a try.

Cost without DxDDP $262.14

Your CP pictures look fabulous, made my mouth water. The ice cream pics were pretty good too;)

bit late but im in!!
we are considering some of the places you ate at, dh is now sold on Jiko, and i have convinced him to return to Boma for bfast and dinner!!!
your girls are beautiful, glad your having a magical time
Tracy

OMG, the breakfast at CP looks FANTASTIC!!! YUM!! We never do breakfast with the kiddos at a sit-down but that almost makes me want to change my mind.... Narcosee's calamari however, did not look so very appetizing. I might have sent that back. Your daughter's food looked great! I can't believe that is on the CURRENT Disney kid's menu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter