For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only! (III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see you!!!!! :rotfl:

we are back!!! drove straight thru Saturday, hung out sunday,did some hotel hopping,dtd on sunday.
checked our dd into the college program on Monday and took off for home Tuesday morning at 1:30am. trip 54 in the books!!!

just an f.y.i. .......

she is living where and with who she wanted to live with. :thumbsup2
she will be working in the magic kingdom on outside carts. (ice cream,popcorn,nut etc.... ) she is very excited and ready to start working. she said she would rather be outside then stuck in a building all day. it must be tuff getting up everyday and going to work in the magic kingdom.:lmao:
she has traditions tomorrow and gets her blue card. :thumbsup2

we hit the road again in 3 weeks for a visit!!!!! :cool1:

I didn't see your post until a few days later -- while in Bethany Beach, DE. If i can't be at Disney, then let me be at the beach!

Your dd's job sounds perfect for her -- Looks like everything worked out wonderfully. Enjoy your next visit.

I didn't see you!!!!! :rotfl:

we are back!!! drove straight thru Saturday, hung out sunday,did some hotel hopping,dtd on sunday.
checked our dd into the college program on Monday and took off for home Tuesday morning at 1:30am. trip 54 in the books!!!

just an f.y.i. .......

she is living where and with who she wanted to live with. :thumbsup2
she will be working in the magic kingdom on outside carts. (ice cream,popcorn,nut etc.... ) she is very excited and ready to start working. she said she would rather be outside then stuck in a building all day. it must be tuff getting up everyday and going to work in the magic kingdom.:lmao:
she has traditions tomorrow and gets her blue card. :thumbsup2

we hit the road again in 3 weeks for a visit!!!!! :cool1:

Unbelievable! I'm so happy for her, can't wait to buy some popcorn in December! I'll check in to find out where and when to find her when we're there.

Have a good vacation trip. pixiedust:

Unbelievable! I'm so happy for her, can't wait to buy some popcorn in December! I'll check in to find out where and when to find her when we're there.

thanks Sharon!!! she is going thru traditions as we speak. she will get her blue card and her name tag tonight.
ill post some pictures when we get them.:thumbsup2

just got the text!!! official cast member of the walt Disney company!!!

That is so awesome! We will have to look for her in June and say hi!

That is so great!! I will look for her in July :)

just tell her I know your dad from the dis boards. :thumbsup2
she going to have fun, its a disdad law that if a disdad has a kid working at wdw, you must stop and get a picture. :rotfl: she has no idea whats she is in for. :lmao: she has met a few of them already and is looking forward to it.

pas130 said:
We are right behind you! Coming from central Jersey...DH is getting rails for the luggage. IDK what they are called.. We traded our suburban earlier this year for a Traverse..so we lost some cargo room :crowded:

We are planning to drive straight through. We are leaving around 9pm.
I hope we don't run into any storms last year there some real heavy thunderstorms.

just got the text!!! official cast member of the walt Disney company!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

We are planning to drive straight through. We are leaving around 9pm.
I hope we don't run into any storms last year there some real heavy thunderstorms.
Same here :goodvibes We stop at Maryland House for a last potty break and have a snack, then the kids usually sleep until our breakfast stop....Hope there's no storms...DH usually does the night driving but I'm a wimp when it comes to T-storms :rolleyes1

DELAWARE TRAFFIC ALERT - Ramp Closure along Northbound I-95 (Exit 8) onto Northbound U.S. Route 202

Wilmington -- The Department of Transportation (DelDOT) is advising the traveling public that roadwork required for the I-95/U.S. Route 202 Interchange Project will require the closure of the northbound I-95 Exit 8 ramp to northbound U.S. Route 202. The closure will be in effect from 8:00 P.M. Friday, May 31, until mid- afternoon Sunday, June 02.
The closure is required for contractor Mumford and Miller to pour concrete for the remaining portion of the bridge deck for the new bridge over Route 202. This pour will require a 36-hour curing time before the bridge can be reopened to traffic.
I-95 Northbound Exit 8 Detour Information:
All traffic on northbound I-95 destined for northbound U.S. Route 202 will be detoured to the Exit 8 ramp to southbound Route 202. At the bottom of the ramp traffic will be directed to make a left onto northbound U.S. Route 202.
Variable message boards will be placed to notify motorists of the upcoming closures. This closure is pending weather conditions, and will be postponed to the following weekend, if required.

-Source: http://www.deldot.gov/home/newsroom/release.shtml?id=4773

pas130 said:

Same here :goodvibes We stop at Maryland House for a last potty break and have a snack, then the kids usually sleep until our breakfast stop....Hope there's no storms...DH usually does the night driving but I'm a wimp when it comes to T-storms :rolleyes1

You go from MD to FL without a break?

We are traveling down with our dog in July. :)

Does anybody have experiences driving with a pet and staying over night on the way down? Is it hard to find a pet friendly hotel? Does anyone know of any decent ones in the lower NC, SC area??

Last time we drove I didn't make a reservation but this time I need to. Any help is appreciated. :)
Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Advice needed on driving from CT! My family of 5 is taking the drive for the 1st time, yikes. We are planning to drive straight through. Leave the house at dinner time and hope the girls sleep through the night. DH and I will split driving so I'm not worried about that. Now I'm toying with the idea of leaving at 9am and driving to DC...spend 4 hours or so there and head out after rush hour. Crazy?? Honest opinions needed as we have always flown! Thanks!!

Advice needed on driving from CT! My family of 5 is taking the drive for the 1st time, yikes. We are planning to drive straight through. Leave the house at dinner time and hope the girls sleep through the night. DH and I will split driving so I'm not worried about that. Now I'm toying with the idea of leaving at 9am and driving to DC...spend 4 hours or so there and head out after rush hour. Crazy?? Honest opinions needed as we have always flown! Thanks!!

I've driven from CT 3 times now. We leave at 3 or 3:30 a.m. from shoreline CT and take the inland route through PA. It takes about 19 hours total. We took 95 the first year and it took about 21 hours total. We stop once for the night. The inland route has a lot less traffic and is a much less stressful drive.

Didn't see this earlier (but may have missed it.)

Maryland House on 95 is closed for renovations.

For the CT driver, don't stop in DC. Rush hour lasts FOREVER. You'll be seriously unhappy. Do DC another trip and enjoy what the city has to offer without muttering to yourself about the terrible traffic on 95 South.

i just noticed your sig. :sad1: very nice tribute to a very nice lady.

briana never got a chance to meet her but we will always think of her when we are in liberty square in the mk.

I don't drive from ct but I do take the inland route in the summer. i81/i77/i26/i95/i4. the only place we hit any traffic was on i81 in west Virginia on the way home. there was a wreck in a construction area. took us 2 hours to go ten miles. other then that, 75mph most of the way. don't forget summer time and i95 shore traffic pending on what day your leaving.

We are traveling down with our dog in July. :)

Does anybody have experiences driving with a pet and staying over night on the way down? Is it hard to find a pet friendly hotel? Does anyone know of any decent ones in the lower NC, SC area??

Two I've stayed at with my border collie: Hampton Inn, Emporia, VA (too far north for you, at least on the way down...) And, in the northern part of GA, the Hampton Inn-Savannah-I-95 North, which is at Exit 109. HTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter