Food And Wine 2013 Thread

We are staying at BCV from 10/31 to 11/10. Favorite time of year to go!

The "greeting center" is where they hold some cooking demonstrations, sell cook books with some book signings and sell festival merchandise plus a huge assortment of wines for sale.

For any first timers, avoid the F&W on the weekends. It is packed. Concerts are great, love eating and drinking around the world! As pp, don't miss the lobster pie in Ireland! Fantastic.:)

First time FW question:

Family of me, wife, ds (18mo) and dd (4y)

Best time to visit? First week of Nov to double dip Christmas decorations (will that even be likely?) ... or...sometime in October to increase probability of swimming weather since kiddos love the pools?

Or some other advice?

Many thanks.

We are staying at AKL Oct 27-31 woo hoo! So I have a question and a funny story...

Question first. Last year we were at the F&W fest on a Monday to avoid the crowds. In your past experience is a Sunday a bad day to go? I am starting to plan out my days and the touring plan site says Sunday isn't going to be a busy day. However I think they only account for the ride lines and not F&W. :confused3

Funny story. I think having a F&W day without kids would be a blast (with kids is fun too;) ), however just a friendly reminder for those adults going alone to remember that kids from other families are still there. Last Oct we enjoyed the F&W fest with our boys ages 12 and 8 at the time. On the bus ride back to the AKL there was this couple in their 40s having a total makeout session standing up in the middle of the bus!:scared1: This was def PG-13 and was racing to rated R status. The "gentlemen" had his hands pulling up the "lady's" shirt and everything. After the Kidani stop seats opened up and so the drunken couple went and sat down next to my 12 year old! At this point I was a highly annoyed and that was the final straw. I said (loud enough for the other riders to hear apparently) "oh NO WAY... c'mon Tyler" and proceeded to take my son by the hand and move him which elicited an eruption of laughter, clapping, and comments from the other guests. They had of course witnessed the entire makeout session as well. Tyler had apparently missed the whole thing (you know that after park zombie state the kids get) and was puzzled why I pulled him from his cozy seat. Let us all partake of the F&W delights.....but in enough moderation as not not offend others enjoying the parks as a family. :flower3:

We are heading down there from Nov 10th to the 18th for our honeymoon. I was so excited to see that we will be there for the last day :cool1:. We have gone 2 times before and can not wait to go back. Luckily we get in early and are staying at the BC so we are just going to drop our bags off and eat around the world (first stop Canada :) )

We are staying at AKL Oct 27-31 woo hoo! So I have a question and a funny story...

Question first. Last year we were at the F&W fest on a Monday to avoid the crowds. In your past experience is a Sunday a bad day to go? I am starting to plan out my days and the touring plan site says Sunday isn't going to be a busy day. However I think they only account for the ride lines and not F&W. :confused3

Sunday is packed with locals, especially from mid afternoon. I'd suggest during the week.

Disney_Princess83 said:
Sunday is packed with locals, especially from mid afternoon. I'd suggest during the week.

^ last year me & my sister went Sunday twice & never ran into a crowd. Of course it was right at the beginning. The best day I found was Wednesday or Tuesday. No lines & the tables always available..don't try Friday nights or Saturday it gets crazy crowded there.

We are taking a girls weekend Oct 4-6! This will be our first time at Food and Wine...sooo excited!

We are going from Oct 11th to Oct 18th - staying offsite/timeshare

We go every other year and found that the most crowded time is Friday and Saturday later afternoon/evening. While certainly more crowded than a Tuesday or Wed, if you go earlish on Fri/Sat/Sunday you will be ok for the most part

We've been there almost every year for the past few years, and it seems like it's gotten more and more crowded every year. By far, the weekends are the worst, with the majority of crowds being there on Friday night, and Saturday afternoon/night. Mornings and Sundays are going to be your best bet for sure, along with anytime during the week.pixiedust:

We booked our airfare yesterday, Oct 10th through the 18th, so now it's 'Real'. one can always cancel resort reservations (not that we would), but the airfare is non-refundable, so it's on!

Bill From PA

PSUGuy said:
We booked our airfare yesterday, Oct 10th through the 18th, so now it's 'Real'. one can always cancel resort reservations (not that we would), but the airfare is non-refundable, so it's on!

Bill From PA

I wish SW would open up their October schedule so that I could book my airfare!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Does anyone know if they open all booths for the CM day? This is like a soft opening the day before the F & W starts.

Does anyone know if they open all booths for the CM day? This is like a soft opening the day before the F & W starts.

They might open all of them or they might not open a few. It's not consistent year to year. At least some of them will be open.

fflmaster said:

We were there for the CM preview in September and all the booths were up and running. Some of the CMs were learning the registers and transactions were, at times, slow but the booths were well-stocked and the CMs were in great moods!

We're going Oct 19-26 and are so excited! This will be our first ever trip to WDW, and we will get to experience MNSSHP & F&W! We are staying offsite because our family is just too large for an onsite stay to be practical.

Joining in...

This will be our first time at Food and Wine. Can't wait to see more details. My girls are excited about the concerts.

Our annual visit is being planned as I write. October 17-23. Can't wait! Absolutely love our visit to the F&WF. Booked our flights with SW - good deal - haven't booked our moderate yet but won't wait too long. PSUGuy - my highlight is the lobster pie too! Planning our trip is getting me through the winter (and the 14 inches of fresh snow we got).

Definately going. No detail yet. The fried cheese and honey wine was my favorite last time.... Probably going Columbus day weekend. I ask for a plane ticket for my birthday every year. :worship::worship::worship:

Two years ago, I actually got into Epcot free because of a family friend who works on property, so that gave me 80 dollars more to spend on stuff. We went to customer relations for those wrist cards, put 100 dollars on our cards, and just ran around tasting everything. By the last country, we were quite tipsy and I took lude pictures with the statue in Italy. I also think there were some obnoxious pictures in the gardens of Japan..... I am a grown women of a particular age, not a 20 something. But I acted like one that day. Probably one of the most fun days I've had with my extended family in my entire life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter