Food And Wine 2013 Thread

We'll be there the last weekend. Hoping for the Fisherman's Pie, sold out last time we were there.

byejou said:
I booked a villa at SSR at my 11 month window and hope to jump over to BCV for 2 nights 11/7-11/9 following our DCL cruise. We plan to do 1 day at Epcot to experience the F&W festival. I believe its the end of the festival so does anyone know how crowded it will be. We will go an a Thursday night. I cant even say if BC will be available. :scratchin

Quite crowded after about 12:30 pm. This is about the same time we went last year. We were really glad we got tickets to demonstrations. A glass of wine, cake baked by a celebrity chef, recipe, and asking that chef my personal baking questions... All for $14!!! Better value than standing inline for 20 minutes for my $9 glass of a French cocktail ( in a leaky cup)... We really had a great time, but we will continue with our plan of world showcase booth tastings first thing in the am, and then booking in a seminar or two during peak hours so we can fully enjoy our time. Also, FYI I desperately wanted to get in the warren brown demo last year and tried getting tickets. They were sold out the day after they went on sale. But on the morning of, I asked a CM, and they said I could get a ticket that day. It seems they hold back tickets for many demos. So get there early and you'll probably get your preferred tickets even if you don't plan 3 mos in advance.

akadada said:
First time FW question:

Family of me, wife, ds (18mo) and dd (4y)

Best time to visit? First week of Nov to double dip Christmas decorations (will that even be likely?) ... or...sometime in October to increase probability of swimming weather since kiddos love the pools?

Or some other advice?

Many thanks.

No decorations in the resorts at that time. We were really hoping to see GF and WL but no luck! I was told that things should pick up 2nd week of November. Osborne lights were up and running though.

Hi All,

This is an annual traip for us and can't wait as usual. Will be there Oct. 18-29 staying at the BWV.

In addition to the BCV from 10/19-10/25, I'm planning to spend a couple days at Kidani either 10/17&18 or 10/25&26 to try it out. First time at Kidani. Regarding the concerts, yes I agree that you'll love them. I recommend seeing whoever's there, even if you're not super-enthusiastic beforehand. Last time I saw Billy Ocean just because I happened to be in Epcot that afternoon-I'd never planned to see him. I can't believe how much I enjoyed him. This morning I heard one of his songs that he'd done that day and it brought back some great memories.

This will be my 6th F&W in a row. For the last five years I have stayed at either BWV or BCV. This year I am at Kidani from Oct. 20 - 26. i plan to spend at least two nights at F&W. I am solo, so would love to meet other Dis folks to hang out with at the festival. I am fine during the day. It is more fun to do F&W with someone else. My best friend has come with three times, but can't join me this year.

My boyfriend and I are going to F&W for the first time from October 31st to November 7th. We are staying at POR. I'm looking forward to the Halloween party and the concerts and the boyfriend is looking forward to the food.

We are going to the F & W festival for the first time (one day only :sad1:) on Sunday October 13th. I am beyond thrilled to be going at all and we will make the most out of our one day :woohoo: crowds and all!!!

Count us in for 10/2 - 10/5. So excited it will just me and dh. The kids aren't so happy we aren't taking them.

Jewel3k said:
Count us in for 10/2 - 10/5. So excited it will just me and dh. The kids aren't so happy we aren't taking them.

I'm not telling mine! I'm telling him that I'm going to food and wine festival. Just not mentioning where.

I'll be there 9/29 - 10/7. Staying at the BCV. Second time round to F&W and really looking forward to it.

I'm going to wait to see who is playing at the weekend before deciding if I'm going to avoid Epcot totally. But for now, I'm planning on grazing round WS on a Tuesday and Wednesday.

We are planning our first visit to f&w after several Disney visits. We will be there October 13-18. So excited!:cool1:

We are getting married October 19. We have some guests who do enjoy food and wine, and this will be their first F&W Festival. Can't wait for October! :)

We booked today for an adults only weekend 11/1-11/4 and it will be our first time at Food & Wine! We are SO excited! We are planning to spend pretty much the entire three days at Epcot!

We are booked in a standard view studio at our home resort (AKV) but are waitlisted for BCV and BLT. We don't have our hopes up about the wait lists, but that's ok because we LOVE AKV and are so excited about this trip! Can't wait for more details to be released!

First time visit to Food & Wine this year! We are taking a girls ONLY trip Oct 4-6! Cant wait!!!

We'll be gone by this time, but I checked Smash Mouth's web site since they were there during our week last year, this is posted on their schedule:

10/28 through 10/30 - Walt Disney World Resort - Orlando, FL

We enjoyed their show, we'll miss them om our 10/10 -10/18 trip.

Bill From PA

Also, Air Supply, 10/2 - 10/4

Last night we sat down and decided we were going to try to find a way to stay at BCV or BWV for our long weekend (11/1-11/4) and decided the max points we could use. This morning, I managed to find us a 1 BR at BCV for the first night and a 1 BR Standard View at BWV for the second and third nights!! A split stay wasn't ideal, but we have done it two other times with two kids in tow...I think we can handle it this time in order to be close to Food & Wine! We invited another couple and they are so excited too! We have been wanting to "share" our membership with loved ones since we got it and this will be the perfect chance!

213 days! :banana:

I can't wait until more details are announced!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter