Food And Wine 2013 Thread

We'll be there on our honeymoon Oct 10 to 17 splitting our stay between OKWV and a savannah view in Kidani. Anyone know when reservations for special events usually open? Is it August? Want to put it on the calendar as were hoping to get into a few things and I knowing may get crazy since it's a holiday weekend!

We will be there from Sept 28 -Oct 7. Staying at AKV. Will be our 3rd food & wine. Celebrating DS 5th bday.

This will be our 4th F & W Fest. We are going Oct.18th-Oct.27th and we're booked at the BCVs. We really want to do one of the special events this year, like the Sweet Sunday. I know there is typically a brunch most Sundays does anyone remember what nights are typically the Party for the Senses or the Chocolate dessert/Illuminations Party (can't remember that name) It seems that we always have our dining booked and don't want to give the good ressies when the party info comes out 3 months later. I would like to try and plan better this year.:)
We'll be there (at BCV) during that time-we're arriving 10/19, then DH will leave at some point during the week (he has to go back to work) and I'll stay on at BCV til the weekend. This is our fifth year at the F&W festival. I can't wait til the Eat to the Beat schedule comes out!

We will be taking advantage of the preview night, since we are leaving on 9/27. Is there anything else that may get scheduled early that we can take advantage of?

My husband and I are going right at the beginning 9/27 to 10/2. We are going to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. No kid!!! Yay! We are going to stay at CR garden view. I wanted somewhere away from the hustle and bustle but Epcot accessible and something we could afford. I've always wanted to do the F&W on an adults only trip. Can't wait!

My husband and I will be there Sept 29th-Oct 5th.. celebrating our 20th as well... without kids!!! This will be our first Food and Wine and not sure how things work with it. No matter what, it will be a fun time! Congrats on your 20th as well!! :love:

DFi and I will make our "annual" trip Oct. 19-26. ("annual" because our family has gone every years since 1996 except the past 2 years - just wasn't in the cards for us.) We are getting married at Shades of Green Oct. 21 and spending the rest of the week Disneymooning, possibly longer. We have a rather large group of family going this year, 21 on my side and 8 on his. They 17 of which will be staying until the 26th as well - that's why we are hoping to extend our trip by a few days. =) DFi and I are staying at the BCV and the rest are booked for BWV with a few at Shades of Green.

Soooo excited for the Food and Wine festival. We normally try to make the trip the last week of Oct. Honestly, it's the best time to go because you get to enjoy Halloween, the Food and Wine Festival and then Nov. 1st they start putting up Christmas decor. This year we had to move it up a week but still very very excited.

I will be there celebrating my 30th with DH, kids and my parents! Web will be at AoA 10/17-10/21 and BC 10/21-10/26. Can't wait for the BC proximity especially since its our first F&W. This is definitely the most excited DH has been about a Disney trip. The man likes to eat!

Does anyone know when the Osborn lights and the MVMCP start? I would like to plan a trip during food and wine and was hoping to see Christmas lights if they overlap?

Does anyone know when the Osborn lights and the MVMCP start? I would like to plan a trip during food and wine and was hoping to see Christmas lights if they overlap?

The dates aren't out yet. We are there at the same time and have made some rough estimations. MVMCP should start on 8th November, Osbourne Lights should start on the 9th November.They could be wrong but we've used past dates to give us an idea.

I missed that the dates were announced, I wasn't worried about it since our trip is 10/23-10/30, but still excited to see the dates. This will be my 4th F&W and 2nd in a row. Unfortunately last year I got sick towards the end of our trip so I missed our final trip to epcot couldn't even smell the food. Had to go back to the room.

Staying at BLT (home resort) but hoping to switch to VWL. Would love to switch to an Epcot resort but I don't think it is worth even trying, plus the family wants to be close to MK.

I was trying to think of a restaurant to go to for our first day, we will arrive late morning/earlyafternoon, but now that I think about it I think I might try and talk my wife into heading to epcot to eat dinner that night since it will just be me her and the baby before the rest of the family arrives.

The dates aren't out yet. We are there at the same time and have made some rough estimations. MVMCP should start on 8th November, Osbourne Lights should start on the 9th November.They could be wrong but we've used past dates to give us an idea.

Thanks that is the week I was thinking about but it is also Jersey week where I would be coming from and they always up the airfares. Quess the airlines know the school schedules :rotfl:

Great advice on this thread about weekends. I'm going to have to make some changes to my timetable. I come off a Fantasy cruise on Sat 28th Sept and had planned on hanging out in Epcot until check-in at BWV. May need to re-think this. Do people know if Future World also gets crazy crowded on Saturdays and Sundays?

I'm staying at the BWV - BoardWalk view from 28th Sep - 3rd Oct, then moving to AKV for the next 6 nights. Have rented points. Can't wait. Have been dreaming about this holiday for years.

Yes, you should avoid F & W weekend if at all possible.

Have a wonderful trip!

:)

We are staying at the Beach Club and Animal Kingdom for a total of 8 nights starting mid October. :cool1:

Do they always have a preview day?

Is everything open?

We will be there from September 21st to 29th and if we can add an extra day for the food and wine festival that would be great.

I'm so sad that we are missing it this year. We were there in October and loved it. This year we are going from Nov 17-23 which is a week after it ends. We are unable to change it due to work. :( I guess I will have to live vicariously through these boards.

We're going at opening for two weeks - we may extend to three weeks and then going back for the closing until the first CP.

My DH and I are going on our Honeymoon Oct 6-16. I went to food and wine last in 2011 and am so excited to be back! Extra happy that it's for my Honeymoon. It's my DH's first visit, first time coming east, first time in Florida. We're both super excited but me a little bit more!

We will be there Oct 1-6. We are booked at POFQ, but hoping for a good room discount so we can switch to Poly.

We're booked at POFQ from Sept 26 to Oct 6 with the deluxe dining plan. My husband isn't a true lover of Disney like I am but he does love the food and especially F & W Festival. It's the first time we'll be alone at Disney in over 24 years, we even had the kids with us on our honeymoon. It's going to be a very different Disney trip for me but I'm really looking forward to it, It will also be our first time in a resort other than a Value. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter