Food And Wine 2013 Thread

Yes! November 3 -9 for Jersey Week! Have been going every other year at this time since 2001; absolutely LOVE F & W. Last time for us and DD will be 17 and a senior in HS (very odd last trip without DS in college.) Always stay at BC or BW but considering BLT for a change!

I had so much fun during my 40th bday celebration at F&WF last year that I am heading down for a solo trip this year (Oct 16- 19) :cool1: I was lucky enough to snag a AKV value studio for the trip.

My favorites from last year were the lamb chop at Australia and the Sunny Guava with Coconut Rum at China. My second favorite food was the scallop in New Zealand. The only thing I really didn't care for were the escargot in France. I never had them before and I really don't plan on having them again.

There will be a comprehensive info thread on the Restaurant board...but it won't start until at least May.

I will be there with my cousin Sept. 24 - Oct. 1 so, I'm hoping to hit the Festival for the first time! :yay:

Nala, if/when they come out with the comprehensive info thread, would you please post a link on this thread?

I have a very hard time finding anything though the Disboards search. Like I searched for 2013 hoping to find the MNSSHP and Food and Wine Festival for this year and got nothing. Then I put in Food and Wine and this Food and Wine 2013 thread come up. Why didn't it come up when I asked for 2013? :confused3

We are staying at the Boardwalk Oct 26-Nov 2. Our last Halloween trip was in 2007 so we are really excited! I am now going back to read through the thread. :)

Will be staying at POR from Oct 3-9 and will be celebtating my sister's 70th b'day. My niece and a cousin will be with us.....I have not been to F & W in many years and the others in our group have never been....Reading past posts probably we will be avoiding going to F & W on following wekend if we can help it....Just looking forward to enjoying ourselves as much as possible while we are there:):):)

Last year we went for my youngest 40th, (staying at BW), Big Bad Voodoo Daddy was great.

This year we are going back for birthday b'day. In fact we are marking this a girl's trip (6 of us) staying at the Boardwalk.

Already planning outfits,

October 8th thru 13th

:dance3:

As of now our plan is to stay at the Poly from 11/3 to 11/10 or 11/5 to 11/12. it will be our first time at F&W and plan on attending before the last days/weekend as I know it will be very busy. Hopeing it will not be too crazy earlier in the week.

This will be our 2nd trip to The World during the Food and Wine Festival. Staying from 10-25 - 11-2 at AoA. Can't wait!!

I just found out that the F&W festival will be going on while I am at Disney for the Tower of Terror 10 miler! I am so excited--last year I was at Disney at the end of September, just a few days before Food and Wine, so I was disappointed to miss it.
I hadn't planned on going to Epcot while I am there for the TOT 10 miler, but now that I know the Food and Wine Festival will be on, I have changed my mind!

Anyone have any tips/advice for combining both of these events in one long weekend trip? I *think* I will arrive early (around noon) on Friday (Hoping they schedule a MNSSHP that night!), the race is at 10 pm Saturday night...I will probably want to sleep in on Sunday...I'm hoping to leave to go back home on Monday evening (latest flight I can take out). So I'm thinking Monday will be my best bet to attend the festival?

With the TOT 10 miler at HS, plus now knowing about this at Epcot, I would REALLY like to stay at one of the Epcot resorts---but I'm leaning towards POFQ. It will be like 1/2 the price and it's one of the host resorts for the race.

So excited!!!:banana:

We'll be there October 5th - 13th! Split stay between BLT & AKV. Looking forward to my 2nd time at F & W.

:yay: :yay: Thanks!!! :yay: :yay: I was glad to see they are using the old Health/Body pavilion as the greeting station. I have not been in there since the Health/Body exhibits closed! And thanks for all the countries and menus! Now I can dream about what I want to get for 7 months one week and 6 days!! :laughing:

Though we spent a lot of time at the F&W in 2011, I never bothered going into the greeting station. What do they do in there?? :confused3

Though we spent a lot of time at the F&W in 2011, I never bothered going into the greeting station. What do they do in there?? :confused3

I don't know, I've never been to the F&W Festival :confused3 I just saw it on the map. But, I'm guessing they will be selling stuff there for one thing :goodvibes

I just found out that the F&W festival will be going on while I am at Disney for the Tower of Terror 10 miler!
Anyone have any tips/advice for combining both of these events in one long weekend trip?
With the TOT 10 miler at HS, plus now knowing about this at Epcot, I would REALLY like to stay at one of the Epcot resorts---but I'm leaning towards POFQ. It will be like 1/2 the price and it's one of the host resorts for the race.

So excited!!!:banana:

My sister's first time: Disney Cruise on Dream, TOT, MNSSHP, F&W
My first time: TOT, MNSSHP and F&W

We were gonna stay at the Yacht club but then would have to give up the park hopper and meal plan so decided on extending our trip to the POR and adding QS with Park Hopper! We did early planning, guessed the wrong weekend and have to extend our trip - aww shucks :rotfl2:

Going Oct 10-13 staying at the BW Was excited until reading this thread about the weekend crowds:rotfl2: and I picked Columbus Day weekend too.

No really, thanks for the info, It will be fun and if the crowds are really bad I'll just come back next year and plan it a little better.

We are going to be there from Oct 30 - Nov 10, first at AoA and then a move to YC to be even closer to all that great food/ wine. :worship: Caramel Flan from Mexico, Cheddar Soup from Canada :stir:, Argentina, South Korea, Hawaii ....can't wait.:cloud9: On these ridiculously cold days in Pennsylvania, just the thought of a warm sunny day with a glass of wine on a bench in France.....heaven!! :lovestruc

We did Epcot on Columbus Day last year and crowds were very light. We did Food and Wine for lunch and had no waits at the booths.

My mom and I will be there 10/3-10/7 for a long weekend. I'll be celebrating my 21st birthday! It'll be our first Food and Wine Festival. Can't wait!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter