• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February Exercise Challenge--Let's get moving and take care of our hearts!

Anything that has low impact on the feet will be ok. Swimming would be good. Yoga. Maybe even some elliptical work. I can't swim and I didn't have access to an elliptical so I pretty much stopped exercise besides yoga until my foot was better. It's still not 100% but I can go 2-3 days wearing shoes, other than my minimus, without pain.

The best things I had for my foot was a frozen water or soda bottle, coke bottles were good because of the dip in the middle. I would put my foot on it after I stretched and rolled it back and forth. And the other was a tennis ball, I'd lay a towel down on the floor (hardwoods) and roll my foot over the ball.
Also make sure you keep your shoes on as long as possible during the day. Also stretch before getting out of bed and before getting off the couch if you've been sitting for a while.

Oh I also have some of the yoga stretch bands. I use those to help pull my toes up when I stretched.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it.:bitelip: I am determined to beat this thing!!!

I want to walk my dogs, do C25K, and all that jazz and I can't. It is good motivation to get well, esp. in Feb. Crappy and cold out anyway.

Hi everybody and welcome to February! Thanks Rose for hosting again! :thanks:

Ran this past Saturday before heading to Epcot for the afternoon. Can't count the walking around as I had a margarita in my hands the whole time!:lmao:

2/2 - 64 minute run
64/1300

Time to get rockin!::yes::

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is starting off strong!

I got 70 minutes in so far this month (Zumba + Gym).

Eventhough I got in over 10,000 steps at work today the only extra exercise was 15 min core and my plank.

165/1200

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter