February Exercise Challenge--Let's get moving and take care of our hearts!

Monday: Run 5/Walk 2: 1 hour 47 minutes
Today: Rainy Walk: 1 hour

Brings me to:

526/3000

Getting the show on the road!

2/4 - 30 minute walk
47 minutes elliptical

141/1300:cool1:

Hi there! Checking in for the first time :).

90 Wii Fit (stop laughing! As least I was moving :woohoo:)
60 treadmill

robinb 150 / 840

Updated through post #144 :)

I finally broke down and made a doctor's appointment about my back. It got better after the marathon, but I had a major flareup this weekend that is still pretty bad. What is most frustrating--I spent $180 for Mike and I to take a TRX class starting tomorrow and I am going to have to be responsible and not go at least until I see the doctor later this week.:sad2: I emailed the Y and asked if they would refund or defer, but I am not too optimistic. I am going to the gym and running my mile and getting on the elliptical just because. As long as I don't overdo it, it is not getting worse, just not better. Hopefully this will not be another thing that sidelines me for weeks again.

50 mins running on the treadmill.

We joined a gym, and I am not used to running on a treadmill. Thought I would totally hate it, but it's actually not terrible! Free magazines to read were helpful, though.

Today was also the first time I managed to get significant time 'in zone' on the HRM, how appropriate for heart month? :) :love:

I finally broke down and made a doctor's appointment about my back. It got better after the marathon, but I had a major flareup this weekend that is still pretty bad. What is most frustrating--I spent $180 for Mike and I to take a TRX class starting tomorrow and I am going to have to be responsible and not go at least until I see the doctor later this week.:sad2: I emailed the Y and asked if they would refund or defer, but I am not too optimistic. I am going to the gym and running my mile and getting on the elliptical just because. As long as I don't overdo it, it is not getting worse, just not better. Hopefully this will not be another thing that sidelines me for weeks again.

Well that stinks R&M!

My PT would always say, if you are "in pain" change postions or stop doing what is hurting you. I try to follow that advice and so far have been pretty good with my back.

I see more stretching in your future.;)

If your doctor says that you can't participate because of your back then ask him to write a note. I can't imagine any fitness facility that would not refund or defer a pre-paid activity if your doctor recommends against doing it {{hugs}}.

Well that stinks R&M!

My PT would always say, if you are "in pain" change postions or stop doing what is hurting you. I try to follow that advice and so far have been pretty good with my back.

I see more stretching in your future.;)
Thanks! Honestly I am stretched out. ;) Sometimes I end up stretching more than working out. I think at this point I need her to make sure something isn't going on like osteoarthritis or piriformis syndrome and if all else fails I guess it's back to pt. :goodvibes

If your doctor says that you can't participate because of your back then ask him to write a note. I can't imagine any fitness facility that would not refund or defer a pre-paid activity if your doctor recommends against doing it {{hugs}}.
Thanks! They got back to me really fast and said since we cancelled before the class started and because no one else registered we can defer or just get our money back. So that's a relief. :)

Thanks for the good thoughts. I had a good workout and while I don't feel great, it felt great to workout!

Hope everyone is having a great day! I am thinking positive! :)

2/3 - 10 min PT
2/4 - 10 min PT

50/950

Hoping to get a lot more minutes in tonight with PT and then maybe some time on the bike or treadmill depending on how hard she works me. I *think* the PT is helping my knee, but I can't quite decide. In the past, it didn't help on its own, I always had to run also for my knee to feel better. This time, since I have a new therapist and she's approaching it differently, I'm experimenting with taking 2 weeks off of running and just doing the PT and other non-running exercise. It's driving me crazy! I'm almost done with week one. The worst part is knowing that I'll have to build up again to where I was in my training. Fortunately I have 3 months before my next race. (and it's only a 5-mile relay leg so no really long runs).

Rose - I hope you're feeling better! Being injured stinks!:mad:

194/1200
50 Minutes on the elliptical today

35 min run/walk, 15 min core with my plank and 30 min nike training club

new total 245/1200

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter