• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February Exercise Challenge--Let's get moving and take care of our hearts!

I'm in for 2000 again.

Accomplished 125 today.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

40 - curves free trial
60 - gym 2 free trial
  • 10 - cycling
  • 30 - weights
  • 10 - cycling
  • 10 - stretching

200/900 - wow, i'm doing really well, i'll definitely up my time next month XD

Please add me to the list for February for 1200!!

Yesterday, I ran at the college for 192/1200 minutes!

The Mystery Machine said:
I know, great isn't it? I just really dug into the internet to really figure this thing out and it is there and is common to have the pain there.

I do have a very very good comprehensive stretching book I bought awhile ago by Bob Anderson.

I just did the "plantar fasciitis" part, bascially stretching those areas and that took 30mins. Plus I have to do back stretches. I see only stretching for the month of Feb for me.;)

I am also going to look into biking, since dh's aunt recommended that as an alternative to walking. Swimming would be good as well as the elliptical. Might have to check out the YMCA and see how much it is. I know they have no joining fee right now.

No I do not have a "night splint" although the doc did mention that when I went in several months ago.

Do you need a prescription for it or can I buy it OTC?

Put me down for 30/280.:thumbsup2

You can either get a script or buy OTC. The OTC one is ok, but it's not great. I found that it didn't fit well and didn't keep my foot in the right position all night.
I ended up getting different shoes and stretching for my PF so I never did get the boot even though he gave me a script for it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

I need a fitness idea. Tomorrow is my Jeff Galloway long run so I need to not run tonight. I don't think I want to walk on the treadmill.

I'm leaning towards yoga or my balance ball.

You can either get a script or buy OTC. The OTC one is ok, but it's not great. I found that it didn't fit well and didn't keep my foot in the right position all night.
I ended up getting different shoes and stretching for my PF so I never did get the boot even though he gave me a script for it.

there's also something called a strasburg sock. I used it for awhile, and I think it helped.

Updated through post 109. :)
Lots of pink on the first post!

Thank you to everyone for posting totals in this format: xx/500.

I don't add in my spreadsheet, I just plug in the updated total and then the % is calculated, so I am able to zip through the updates quickly without thinking too much when they are in the standard format.
:)

Have a great night! :)

there's also something called a strasburg sock. I used it for awhile, and I think it helped.

I really appreciate the advice. My "exercise life" is really "on hold" until I fix this.

Now that I am doing all of the reading on this problem, I seriously question some of the advice that the ortho surgeon doc gave me.:confused:

Like "exercise through it". I don't think that is a good idea from what I have been reading.

I am going to treat it like an injury and do rehab, with warm up, stretching, massage and ice down after. I am just going to use a bucket of cold water.

Thanks!

Oh and hope you take care of your own issues with your back R&M. Injuries STINK!

An hour Spinning class, a half hour on the treadmill, and an hour Step aerobics class brings me to:

210/2013 :music:

The Mystery Machine said:
I really appreciate the advice. My "exercise life" is really "on hold" until I fix this.

Now that I am doing all of the reading on this problem, I seriously question some of the advice that the ortho surgeon doc gave me.:confused:

Like "exercise through it". I don't think that is a good idea from what I have been reading.

I am going to treat it like an injury and do rehab, with warm up, stretching, massage and ice down after. I am just going to use a bucket of cold water.

Thanks!

Oh and hope you take care of your own issues with your back R&M. Injuries STINK!

Anything that has low impact on the feet will be ok. Swimming would be good. Yoga. Maybe even some elliptical work. I can't swim and I didn't have access to an elliptical so I pretty much stopped exercise besides yoga until my foot was better. It's still not 100% but I can go 2-3 days wearing shoes, other than my minimus, without pain.

The best things I had for my foot was a frozen water or soda bottle, coke bottles were good because of the dip in the middle. I would put my foot on it after I stretched and rolled it back and forth. And the other was a tennis ball, I'd lay a towel down on the floor (hardwoods) and roll my foot over the ball.
Also make sure you keep your shoes on as long as possible during the day. Also stretch before getting out of bed and before getting off the couch if you've been sitting for a while.

Oh I also have some of the yoga stretch bands. I use those to help pull my toes up when I stretched.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter