February 24, 2007 Magic!

Hello all, I just found the board last night when I was searching for reviews of the cruise. This will be my first cruise but I am going with a group of very experienced cruisers under the age of 9 it will be an adventure, as it always is with them. I am so excited I can't wait. We are also going to the park for a few days after the cruise.

Hi Welcome! Well, you found the right site. Anything you want or need to know you will find it here. Beware - DIS board is addictive :surfweb:

Not sure how old the kids are but there is a kids thread where they can post and meet friends.

It's only me here. The people I am going with are in another state, so I am counting down all alone. I can't wait for my nice long flight next friday. But, first things first my mom is comming to visit me this weekend no time to think about the cruise yet. :banana:

Hi all,

Just checked the 10-day forecast on weather.com:

Friday - 67 and sunny in Orlando
Saturday - 77 and partly cloudy in Cape Canaveral, 20% POP
Sunday - 78 and partly cloudy in Key West, 20% POP

A bit too soon for Cozumel and Grand Cayman - but the forecast for both on the Monday is in the mid to high 80s - woo hoo!

Definitely better than what we are experiencing here, but I guess we will have to pack some capris and a sweater for our Orlando day on Friday (we fly down on Thursday night...).

You know we're close to sailing when the 10-day forecast can be checked daily!

yes, its very exciting looking at the ten day forecast and seeing another vacation day pop up. by this time next week, we should be starting to board, or at least very, very close!!:banana:

Still thinking about whether we really need to haul the video camera, or whether the regular camera is enough...

bring it all... i'm bringing video camera, digital camera, underwater digital. my feeling is you can never take enough pictures or video of a family vaction.

Hi all,

Just checked the 10-day forecast on weather.com:

Friday - 67 and sunny in Orlando
Saturday - 77 and partly cloudy in Cape Canaveral, 20% POP
Sunday - 78 and partly cloudy in Key West, 20% POP

A bit too soon for Cozumel and Grand Cayman - but the forecast for both on the Monday is in the mid to high 80s - woo hoo!

Definitely better than what we are experiencing here, but I guess we will have to pack some capris and a sweater for our Orlando day on Friday (we fly down on Thursday night...).

You know we're close to sailing when the 10-day forecast can be checked daily!

:cloud9: So nice to hear when you are stuck in a lodge watching it snow and waiting on pep to get their :laundy: out of the washers and dryers ----how annoying:headache:

Well, photolisa is on the ship enjoying herself:banana: :banana: I am sure she is thinking of us:rolleyes1

This has to have come up before! I posted this to the common thread, but maybe you guys know...

Has anyone ever charged up their ipod onboard without their own computer?
Can we do this in the computer room on the Magic without getting charged and internet fee? And would there be someone on staff we could leave it with instead of sitting there watching it charge? :surfweb:

We don't want to bring our laptop on this trip, but want our own music as well as music for the kids to fall asleep to...I'm pretty sure the batteries are going to run down. :confused:

One week from today we will be strolling down Duval street! :)

BTW, we are in Palo for brunch Monday from 11-1, and for dinner Tuesday @ 8:30. Anyone else?

Hey guys! I'm warming up the ship for you! The seas have been pretty rough but not enough to make me sick. It was overcast most of today with moderate seas. Yesterday's seas were rough -- 13-20 feet.

We did the Spa Villa today - Couples choice and had the wrap! We were in there for 150 minutes instead of the scheduled 130! They started with a foot bath (soaking your feet in warm sudsy water) followed by an exfoliant treatment. Then we moved to the hot tub for 20-25 minutes. Then -- we went inside and had our wrap -- then back outside to shower. We returned inside and had our massage! After the massage, we had fruit and tea on the deck. It was well worth it!!!!

Lisa

Hey guys! I'm warming up the ship for you! The seas have been pretty rough but not enough to make me sick. It was overcast most of today with moderate seas. Yesterday's seas were rough -- 13-20 feet.

We did the Spa Villa today - Couples choice and had the wrap! We were in there for 150 minutes instead of the scheduled 130! They started with a foot bath (soaking your feet in warm sudsy water) followed by an exfoliant treatment. Then we moved to the hot tub for 20-25 minutes. Then -- we went inside and had our wrap -- then back outside to shower. We returned inside and had our massage! After the massage, we had fruit and tea on the deck. It was well worth it!!!!

Lisa

Wow...Spa Villa sounds like a dream! Glad you are having a great time. We are all counting down the days, minutes, hours and seconds til we hit the Magic!

Thanks for the report...see you SOON:yay:

Lisa

Hi Lisa! I have been thinking about you enjoying the MAGIC! Have fun and keep us posted.

Big waves, rough sea, be gone!

Latest update from weather.com:

Friday (Orlando) - Mostly Sunny, 77F
Saturday (Cape Canaveral) - Partly Cloudy, 75F, 10% POP
Sunday (Key West) - Few Showers, 78F, 30% POP

Two more sleeps until we leave on Thursday!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter