February 24, 2007 Magic!

So the bad news is that I've the only snow shoveling-age person in the house for the past few days and that's when we got dumped on! The good news is it's giving me a lot of extra strength training and cardio in a last ditch attempt to get swimsuit ready :lmao:

this trip cannot get here fast enough! :snail:

So the bad news is that I've the only snow shoveling-age person in the house for the past few days and that's when we got dumped on! The good news is it's giving me a lot of extra strength training and cardio in a last ditch attempt to get swimsuit ready :lmao:

this trip cannot get here fast enough! :snail:
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Just flurries here. This weather is crazy!
Photo Lisa, it is going to be cold in Port Canaveral according to Shirley. :sad2:
My DM said it was 81 yesterday and like 40 today where she lives. :eek:
It has to be warm when we get on that ship in a little over a week!:wizard: I am SICK of the cold mess!

Did you guys see the thread listing the movies on our cruise?

Last but not least, I dont know if I will be posting after tonight. Our movers come tomorrow and the PC will be packed up. I will be taking our laptop with us to the lodge but i do not think the lodge has internet in the rooms. Oh, well, I guess this thread will be very quiet. I am the talker on here. :rotfl2:
If I do not get back online, you guys have a safe trip and think of the sunshine ahead! See you at the port!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Just flurries here. This weather is crazy!
Photo Lisa, it is going to be cold in Port Canaveral according to Shirley. :sad2:
My DM said it was 81 yesterday and like 40 today where she lives. :eek:
It has to be warm when we get on that ship in a little over a week!:wizard: I am SICK of the cold mess!

Did you guys see the thread listing the movies on our cruise?

Last but not least, I dont know if I will be posting after tonight. Our movers come tomorrow and the PC will be packed up. I will be taking our laptop with us to the lodge but i do not think the lodge has internet in the rooms. Oh, well, I guess this thread will be very quiet. I am the talker on here. :rotfl2:
If I do not get back online, you guys have a safe trip and think of the sunshine ahead! See you at the port!

We have snow and freezing rain. DW called to let me know that schools were closed in our town. The countdown on my whiteboard reached single digits today :woohoo: 9 days until our flight.

weather.com is showing 75 and partly cloudy for next Friday. I'll that over this weather anyday.

SO I am getting super excited. The wedding is Saturday, of course leave it to Indiana weather to dump a blizzard on us!! It has been perfectly mild winter and in the last 2 days we have gotten 10 inches! It was worse further North. Luckily over half the guests are coming from the Southern part of the State, they are all freaking out, but the weather should clear up by Friday.

We are flying out Friday and staying somewhere near the airport. Then headed to the port early Saturday. We are hoping to get brunch or tea reservation at Palos.
We will have our Bridal ears on! Well I will, his top hat is a bit small. But it will be fun!
See you all on the ship.
Chrissy

We have snow and freezing rain. DW called to let me know that schools were closed in our town. The countdown on my whiteboard reached single digits today :woohoo: 9 days until our flight.

It is an icy mess here in PA with temperatures in the single digits. As I trudged through the snow today I thought...hmmm...I will be walking on sand very soon!:cool1:

I need warmth and sunny skies! :cool2:

We live in Denver. Needless to say, we are VERY sick of snow, too. Today was what, about the 50th day of snow on the ground, about the 20th where there is fresh snow. We don't even have places left to shovel the stupid stuff to! Even if the weather is lousy on the cruise it cannot be worse than here.

When we stopped in Cozumel before, the ship actually ended up staying much later than posted as a reward for the CMs who had gotten much higher ratings than normal on the week prior. So you never know.

Carla

SO I am getting super excited. The wedding is Saturday, of course leave it to Indiana weather to dump a blizzard on us!! It has been perfectly mild winter and in the last 2 days we have gotten 10 inches! It was worse further North. Luckily over half the guests are coming from the Southern part of the State, they are all freaking out, but the weather should clear up by Friday.

We are flying out Friday and staying somewhere near the airport. Then headed to the port early Saturday. We are hoping to get brunch or tea reservation at Palos.
We will have our Bridal ears on! Well I will, his top hat is a bit small. But it will be fun!
See you all on the ship.
Chrissy

I hope you have a wonderful wedding! Even if things get a little crazy with the wedding, you have the most important part standing beside you and that will make it great! :hug:

(I got married at Disney World in the middle of a lot of Florida wildfires. It wasn't something I would have wanted for anyone, but the smoke ended up giving us some really unique, cool wedding pictures with a mysterious misty background that no one else has!)

Good luck with your plans and have a great time! :goodvibes

Hi all,

Well, we haven't had nearly the amount of snow as Oswego, NY where they can't see out of their windows, but it's been pretty cold and snowy this past week up here in Ontario as well! As everyone has been saying, it makes it so much more fun to look forward to the trip! We are supposed to have a vast improvement in the weather by Monday (rain is in the forecast!), which is actually good because it means there won't be flight delays in Buffalo next week (we live only 1 hour away from Niagara Falls and Buffalo, so we are driving into the US and flying from there!).

I am starting to panic that I haven't done enough to get ready - everything is half-done - we are half-packed, I have the shoe holder but not the picture mattes for the characters to sign, I have my tickets but have to get to the bank for $$ - aaaahhhhh!!!! Not enough minutes left between now and next week! Not sure I have enough sunscreen.... Still thinking about "The Perfect Gift" and whether the kids really need a gift at all... Still thinking about whether I need to buy snacks for the movies, or whether there is enough on board as it is... Still thinking about whether we really need to haul the video camera, or whether the regular camera is enough...

I'm so excited about the cruise next week but now wonder if I should be a littel concerned...

Tonight I came across the "live from the Disney Magic Feb 14th --Almost Emergency under the Trip Reports regarding a misfire on the fireworks and fire (appeared to be fire) by Palo.

I've never posted anything so I wasn't sure how to reference it except by the title and where it was located.

Has anyone else heard anything about this...any damage?

I'm so excited about the cruise next week but now wonder if I should be a littel concerned...

Tonight I came across the "live from the Disney Magic Feb 14th --Almost Emergency under the Trip Reports regarding a misfire on the fireworks and fire (appeared to be fire) by Palo.

I've never posted anything so I wasn't sure how to reference it except by the title and where it was located.

Has anyone else heard anything about this...any damage?

Ok, first...welcome to the thread! Second...YIKES!!!:scared1:

Thank you for the info. I found the thread easily. I will say here what I posted to that thread...

My take-away from this is that the drills and the safety procedures worked and based on the followup info and the earlier post from DISGAL520 ("We were told on our 1/27 cruise that the ship is pointed into the wind before any fireworks are set off so the fireworks go off the back of the ship. "), it would be a good idea to watch the Pirate celebration from the fore of the ship just in case!

so you don't have to look it up if you don't want to, here's the reply from the original poster when they had more info... I'm still alarmed but not cancelling the trip!

Originally Posted by demswalsh
Sorry they are also having internet satellite problems.

Here's what happened with the fireworks --

about 1/4 of the way through one misfired and hit the side of the ship. The next one misfired and landed right next to palo's and started a fire. That set off the fire sprinklers on deck 10 aft. Our assistant server is part of the fire team. He said it was a HUGE mess because the Captain sent everyone to the Pirate buffet instead of Palo's. The people working the buffet were scared to death because they had no idea the buffet was on fire -- it wasn't. The captain then sent everyone to the right place and everything seems ok. All brunch's at Palo's today were cancelled, but dinner's were ok. Our Assistant Server told us that Fireworks are a sign of distress, so Disney has to let everyone know what they are doing first and then this happens ... They haven't said if they will or won't be doing fireworks again.

Hope this clears everything.

Honestly, I actually feel a little safer now. I know they will be watching out for stray fireworks and will be overly vigilant about the hazards they can actually be. I liken it to flying right after 9/11 - probably the safest time ever to fly.

Anyway, I'll be interested to see what decisions they make on our cruise, since it is the next Western. If they cancel the fireworks, no big deal. I've had lots of fun on cruises with NO fireworks, so I know we will be fine, with or without. :)

I wonder how far off shore the Magic actually is when they shoot off the Pirate Fireworks. I wonder if they stay close just in case something like this happens.

Well, glad to hear eveyone is ok....cold but doing well.

We do have broadband internet here but its not working that well last night. Seems to ok now. ;)

Photolisa, you are leaving soon! Have a great time on your trip!

Cant wait to see you all. the kids are all excited.

Chrissy good luck with the wedding.

Hello all, I just found the board last night when I was searching for reviews of the cruise. This will be my first cruise but I am going with a group of very experienced cruisers under the age of 9 it will be an adventure, as it always is with them. I am so excited I can't wait. We are also going to the park for a few days after the cruise.

I've reached the point where I'm torturing my family with factoids like "one week from right now we'll be checking into the hotel", and "this is the last Friday night in our house before our cruise". Yeah, they're pretty much sick of me now.

:yay:
I've reached the point where I'm torturing my family with factoids like "one week from right now we'll be checking into the hotel", and "this is the last Friday night in our house before our cruise". Yeah, they're pretty much sick of me now.

We can relate...we are all doing it in our house! It is the only think we can think about! And since the weather is so lousy here, it even makes the wait seem longer!!

We have a paper chain the girls made to count down the days - it used to reach the floor but now only has 6 links on it - sure makes it easy to get excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter