• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Little Thing?

lbev1

Earning My Ears
I think we all know how awesome DCL is, but I was wondering what everyone's favorite "little things" are.
For example, I just got off the Dream and was pleasantly surprised that in the afternoon at Castaway Cay, on the way back to the ship there was coolers of water so everyone could re-hydrate after being in the sun. Bonus - they had different flavors (melon, mint/lime, strawberry).

It was a small thing that I appreciated very much. What is your favorite "small thing"?

COVE CAFE MICKEY.jpg

This cute MM on my latte at Cove Cave...wasn't expecting that!!

The hot chocolate they offered as you returned to the ship from a chilly port day on the Transatlantic.

The cool, wet hand towels they hand out around the adult pool in the afternoons on the Fantasy and Dream (not sure if they do this on Magic and Wonder, but don't remember it they do).

MJ

Room service chocolate chip cookies at bedtime, giving my drink preference once the first evening and never having to tell them again, kids cups with their name written on the lid waiting for them at dinner, kids meals cut up for them with a Mickey head blob of ketchup, "Sleepy" mints on my pillow at night, and Mickey waffles.

On our Dream cruise in 2011 we were returning to the ship in a mist (in October) and while waiting in line on the gangplank the CM's were coming out to place hot towels on your neck to keep you warm. The people cruising on the ship opposite us were just cold! And on the flip side, they offered cold towels at a port on our WBTA (very hot sun that day). These are the type of touches that keep me coming back to DCL.

We loved when our breakfast server (Lisa....not one of our regular servers) noticed out DGD was bored and a little sad....she is a PICKY PICKY eater. How many bagels can you eat, after all?
Lisa asked DGD what she could do for her. Our DGD (then 6) explained that she would like an egg sandwich. Lisa listened for details. Our DGD explained how it was made and, even though Lisa had no idea what a hard roll (or kaiser roll) was, and had no real knowledge of this breakfast food, she went into the kitchen and reappeared with an egg sandwich on an almost hard roll type of thing. Our DGD wolfed it down.
THIS...the unnecessary and unexpected "going out of your way to make me happy" thing is one of the small things which, now some 4 years later, I STILL tell everyone about if they are considering a Disney cruise.
oh, and the general impact that the cruise had on all the kids. I have never seen so many teary-eyed children in one spot as I did on that last morning of the cruise...including my DGD

So many of the little things make for a wonderful cruise! Some of our favorites are the music in the hallways when we step out of the cabin, the Mickey hands on the elevator, sitting in the port holes on Route 66 on the Wonder, the smiles of the crew when you pass by and standing on deck 4 and simply watching the ocean go by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter