Favorite Little Thing?

I love hearing "Welcome Home!!" From all the crew when they see the silver/gold/platinum lanyards on embarkation day. Everyone asks how many cruises, which ships etc. I really do feel like I'm back home when I'm onboard, so it's a nice touch.

I am going to go with the CMs - we had an awesome serving team, our steward was fantabulous and our Palo server was beyond fantastic on our Alaskan cruise last month. We still talk about our server from the Fantasy, and we sailed two years ago.

you will have a blast!
I remember now how I loved the final goodbye party (see you real soon? can't remember the exact name) and I pointed out the banner they had hung as you exit which said "see you real soon"..nobody else in my family was as impressed but it stays with me. My DGD wanted to watch TRON II of all things! I think she liked sitting in that big beautiful theater almost all alone....there were maybe 10 people there.
The more you think, the more the memories flood back....and FORGET looking at the pictures/videos you shot! You will laugh and, perhaps, cry.
So now it is time for you and yours to make a literal lifetime of memories....remember, life is short and, for some, very short. Give your kids memories..money and possessions are fleeting; memories are permanent

Just reading "see you real soon" in your post caused me to tear up! About to embark on our 4th DCL cruise a month from tomorrow, and my sister will be joining us on her first. She asked if she will have good time. I told her that when she is disembarking, and she sees the "see you real soon" banners, I guarantee she will tear up (and my sister is not a crier!).

Not a little thing, but 6 years ago, somehow DCL managed a space shuttle launch the last night of our cruise as we sailed back toward Cape Canaveral. My space nut DH still can't figure out how DCL managed to pull that off :scratchin. (I must note here that I checked the Kennedy Space Center website before we left to see if there were any launches scheduled. The launch window for that particular shuttle didn't start until the next week. Still can't believe we got that lucky! Can only believe that it was Disney magic)

I didn't read all the other responses but I have to add...they cut my boys' food for them! I was shocked. I looked at Kristi and she just smiled and waved me off and said "you're on vacation!!"

This!!! And when my DD danced and laughed with with Donald Duck - as we were coming out of a show in the theatre my daughter spotted Donald with no-one about so she ran over and they both danced and laughed. The short video we took of the two of them still makes me smile

My husband and I (along with our then 10 year old DD) went on our first Disney cruise on October 2010 for our 20th anniversary. Our 4th DCL cruise was 2 years ago in 2013. Now it's time for our 25th anniversary and he suggested another cruise. DD won't be joining us this time, so I didn't feel tied to DCL (they handle her food allergies incredibly well). So I started thinking about other cruise lines. Then I stumbled upon this thread. Simply put, I'd forgotten. Thank you for the reminder of the Disney magic!

And since I can't leave without adding my own "favorite little thing" I can't rave enough about how the CM's go above and beyond for a food allergy. In MY world it's not a little thing, it's HUGE! All vacations we ever went on required a LOT of advance planning and a LOT of cooking on my part. Most of the time it didn't feel like a vacation. DCL was different. Not only was she safe, but they created desserts that never in her wildest dreams could she have imagined. She was 10 and she was eating cake and ice cream for the first time in her life that *I* didn't make. They really are magical.

I'm going to second CamColt's post - I love seeing the bed turned down and the nightly chocolates! Not that I ever need more food on a Disney cruise, but for whatever reason, those chocolates are delicious!

Also, I was walking on deck 4 when Captain Mickey strolled past. I tried to get a photo but couldn't get my phone ready in time. I think I said something to my mom along the lines of, oh that's too bad - I love his costume. Mickey immediately turned around and struck a pose so I could get an awesome photo :) All of the CMs were always friendly and welcoming, which really makes the "Disney difference".

Our 2 year old DD loves the live music in the lobby before dinner every night. She dances up a storm before the main dining and again before the late dining. Gets her nice and worn out before dinner.

Last edited:
I love when we come into port and the Disney music in the hallways switches over to tropical music like Jimmy Buffett. I know I've definitely arrived at my happy place. The same goes for when I step off the boat at CC and they're playing Jimmy Buffett. I'm a happy little parrothead at that point, though I wonder if that will change now that NCL has Margaritaville...

Not a little thing, but 6 years ago, somehow DCL managed a space shuttle launch the last night of our cruise as we sailed back toward Cape Canaveral. My space nut DH still can't figure out how DCL managed to pull that off :scratchin. (I must note here that I checked the Kennedy Space Center website before we left to see if there were any launches scheduled. The launch window for that particular shuttle didn't start until the next week. Still can't believe we got that lucky! Can only believe that it was Disney magic)

found a video!

I loved the little confetti Mickey heads that fell during the Golden Mickey's! The hoarder in me wanted to pick them ALL up and keep them! Instead I just kept 10 :yay:
image.jpg

I love not having to decide between two favorites when it comes to appetizers (or desserts) in the MDR's. Our first cruise, I could not decide between two that I knew I'd enjoy but chose one and magically both appeared in front of me. Since then, given there is more than one part of a course I'd enjoy...I do. The personalization provided with great servers is always enjoyed.

Running into Goofy-wandering around in his pajamas one morning up on deck. He would stagger, stop, wrap himself around a pole and fall back to sleep. Wake up, stagger to a lounge chair, curl up, fall asleep again. He had an audience of kids and adults. It was just hilarious. Little moments to make you smile and laugh out loud. Those little things...

That sounds wonderful! I would love to see this. It would probably make my whole day. :)

Hi,
Another thing I love that may be seen as a little thing is the announcement chime that is used when the cruise director or captain has something to the guests, it makes me smile!

This is the text tone on my phone for my wife and her best friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter