Fantasy - March 26, 2016 Sailing

Same here for the Disney Transportation I hate they get there so late...what resort are you getting picked up from?

Wilderness Lodge.

How late is late? Now I'm worried... We have a 12:15 PAT...

Is this about DCL bus from WDW or from the airport?

Don't be worried. You're going on vacation, don't be worried. That's not what this vacation is about. And being late for your PAT is just fine. My PAT is before yours and I know I won't make it. We were late in Miami by probably 1.5 hours for our PAT (because of flight issues) and they didn't blink an eye. We'll get there when we get there and that's good by me. I only said what I said so that no one counts on us being to the Meet & Greet.

It was funny, we made our Miami WBPC by the skin of our teeth and everyone was so happy for us that we'd made it at the meet and greet. We'd been posting for more than 24 hours about our travel adventure and many times it didn't seem like we'd make it. People said us and someone from ?Australia? was all anyone was talking about at the meet&greet. People are so friendly and caring on these trips I find. :)

The advantage of Disney driving us is that they will get us to the boat. Never heard of a single DCL bus that missed the boat. I'll take that and a slightly later arrival time any day. I'm going stress-free once I get to Florida. Fingers crossed I get there. So far, so good. No fog in the forecast. :dogdance:

Wilderness Lodge.

Don't be worried. You're going on vacation, don't be worried. That's not what this vacation is about. And being late for your PAT is just fine. My PAT is before yours and I know I won't make it. We were late in Miami by probably 1.5 hours for our PAT (because of flight issues) and they didn't blink an eye. We'll get there when we get there and that's good by me. I only said what I said so that no one counts on us being to the Meet & Greet.

It was funny, we made our Miami WBPC by the skin of our teeth and everyone was so happy for us that we'd made it at the meet and greet. We'd been posting for more than 24 hours about our travel adventure and many times it didn't seem like we'd make it. People said us and someone from ?Australia? was all anyone was talking about at the meet&greet. People are so friendly and caring on these trips I find. :)

The advantage of Disney driving us is that they will get us to the boat. Never heard of a single DCL bus that missed the boat. I'll take that and a slightly later arrival time any day. I'm going stress-free once I get to Florida. Fingers crossed I get there. So far, so good. No fog in the forecast. :dogdance:
Thank you so much!!! :worship:

I feel better now! :goodvibes

Well, it's kinda looking like there won't be any upgrades at the port going by the fact that only inside cabins (for $5662 USD, yikes!) are currently available.

One of these days I'm going to get to port and there are upgrades available.

Hi all! Anyone here know if I could count on good cell service on Tortola?? I need to register for some runDisney races!! :scared:

David...i can't PM you yet...can you email me diretle at "JRG at wowway dot com"..just put in the @ symbol instead of at. sorry..fighting off bot traffic. same for "." for dot
Hello sorry this is so late My state rooms are 9536 9538 thank you let me know if it is too late

Hello sorry this is so late My state rooms are 9536 9538 thank you let me know if it is too late
Yea too late through me
But we didn't get enough sign ups so if you go to port adventures and ask to join the 2pm mixology in Sunday they are letting people sign up

I have such bad luck travelling. Our first flight went well. But our 2nd was delayed by over an hour - and we already had an 8 hour wait. But after some additional confusion and waiting at the gate, we got on. But it turned out that Orlanda was rained out so we were diverted to Tampa. Sat on the ground in the plane for 2 hours but thankfully did get into Orlando. I've never flown threw so much lightning in my life. We got to the Wilderness Lodge at 130am.

We are now anxiously awaiting pickup by the DCL bus. The rep here says he thinks the bus will be here about 11am. Hopefully we won't need to make many stops.

Will see you all on the boat.

Help help help. We left my sons suit at our hotel for Sunday dress up night. Anyone have spare dress pants. Boy size 7?
In in 8520 if u can reach me

We had A BLAST!!! Awesome first cruise ever!!! :jumping1:

Questions for you veterans... I am GUESSING the following... tell me if I'm right...

1) This weather was better than average for an Eastern Caribbean cruise

2) The waters were rougher than average.

I was guessing 2) just based on how much I felt the movement, and what I had been told to expect ahead of time on a ship that large. I happened to ask one fellow passenger and she said it was her 7th cruise and definitely rougher than almost all the others. Was wondering if others would concur.

I was just SO HAPPY that without any bonine or dramamine none of the movement bothered any of us... and DH has experienced seasickness before.

I think we may need to go on another cruise... which is probably a good thing because I booked a Western Caribbean SW Day at Sea before we even sailed!! :rotfl:

We had A BLAST!!! Awesome first cruise ever!!! :jumping1:

Questions for you veterans... I am GUESSING the following... tell me if I'm right...

1) This weather was better than average for an Eastern Caribbean cruise

2) The waters were rougher than average.

I was guessing 2) just based on how much I felt the movement, and what I had been told to expect ahead of time on a ship that large. I happened to ask one fellow passenger and she said it was her 7th cruise and definitely rougher than almost all the others. Was wondering if others would concur.

I was just SO HAPPY that without any bonine or dramamine none of the movement bothered any of us... and DH has experienced seasickness before.

I think we may need to go on another cruise... which is probably a good thing because I booked a Western Caribbean SW Day at Sea before we even sailed!! :rotfl:

personally i though weather was the BEST i've had in 5 cruises
to the 2nd point...i though seas were calm. maybe an occasional bump but not bad. i had a worse experience on the wonder. i do the wrist bands for usually the first day or 2 and dramamine on day 1...then i settle in and felt fine. i did have sea legs for most of Saturday!

personally i though weather was the BEST i've had in 5 cruises
to the 2nd point...i though seas were calm. maybe an occasional bump but not bad. i had a worse experience on the wonder. i do the wrist bands for usually the first day or 2 and dramamine on day 1...then i settle in and felt fine. i did have sea legs for most of Saturday!
Good to hear your take! I really had no idea what to expect. When we first started moving, I was a bit concerned because of how much I felt the movement. I didn't know if that "feeling the movement" might eventually become "feeling sick"!! It never did... I felt fine the entire time, which was a relief. But I did basically always sense the motion; some friends told me they never do. Hey -- as long as it didn't BOTHER me, no worries!! :)

Shout out to Sophia's Dad and to George's Dad--
for giving me a hand during the Port Adventure to the Baths on Tortola. You both are true gentlemen! You were there when I needed a hand to step up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter