Fantasy - March 26, 2016 Sailing

Just switched from the Magic 3/27 cruise to this cruise. It worked with the flights we have booked and we are going with the longer is better theory. I feel like a fish out of water now. Need to catch up.
I assume there is a formal and semi formal night on this cruise, does anyone know which nights they are?

We are celebrating our 10th anniversary on this cruise....any suggestions for dinner? and for which night, we are total rookies when it comes to the Disney cruise but not to Disney....also is there a best way for enjoying refreshments? Is there a drink package? I saw that there was a way to buy a mug or something with a coin for refills or something is that the way to go for my beer drinking husband??? TIA.

We are celebrating our 10th anniversary on this cruise....any suggestions for dinner? and for which night, we are total rookies when it comes to the Disney cruise but not to Disney....also is there a best way for enjoying refreshments? Is there a drink package? I saw that there was a way to buy a mug or something with a coin for refills or something is that the way to go for my beer drinking husband??? TIA.

Besides the regular rotational dining, the Fantasy has two noteworthy anniversary-material restaurants - Palo and Remy. I've not done Remy (as that's only on the Dream and the Fantasy and my one trip on the Dream was only with my son) so I can't speak for it. But I've done Palo at least a dozen times. Brunch and Dinner. Dinner is a really nice meal. Brunch is awesome for trying lots of different awesome things.

As for which day, if you've not done any Disney cruises before, I recommend (but there might be more knowledgeable people in this group), to do it after night 3 and not on pirate night. In my experience, the rotational dining is a rather neat experience and after night 3, you will have done all 3 of the rotational restaurants so it starts repeating and they don't go so all-out with the shows. However, my experience is mostly on the 14 night cruises. Possibly the 7 night is different.

Probably I should have a look for the previous navigators for a 7 night as well to get a better feel. We haven't decided when we're doing Palo or Remy.

As for drink packages, we're not big drinkers but often have the drink of the day which is pretty reasonable. I know someone on my last cruise who bought the wine package and felt it was an OK value.

Hope that helps some.

Hi Everyone - just booked this cruise today. It will be my second time on the Fantasy and third Eastern. Excited to visit Tortola for the first time. I am also looking forward to the CC 5k - anyone else running with me?

Hi Everyone - just booked this cruise today. It will be my second time on the Fantasy and third Eastern. Excited to visit Tortola for the first time. I am also looking forward to the CC 5k - anyone else running with me?
I'll be attempting the 5K as I'm signed up for the Tinkerbell half in May. From your signature, I think you'll be running laps around me. :)

I'll be attempting the 5K as I'm signed up for the Tinkerbell half in May. From your signature, I think you'll be running laps around me. :)

My sister and I are doing the Tinkerbell in May as well! It's my favorite course.

I'll be on this cruise with DW, DS (11), and DS (9). For our last cruise, DS (11) met/talked/emailed with some other young cruisers beforehand and met up with them on the cruise. He asked if I could get that going again for this one. We can do email, texts, or even create a private Facebook group. So if anyone is interested, let me know. Even if your kids are older, younger, whatever ... If we can get this started, hopefully we can find other kids in those age groups that are interested too. We can even do a general Facebook group if anyone is interested. I know there's a FE group already.
I will be on this cruise with my 9y/o son. (sorry new to disboards, not sure what DS stands for)

Last edited:
i'm willing to organize a mixology class for day 3...Monday day at sea....but we need 25 people..not 25 staterooms...PM me or comment here and i'll start getting information together. But once you commit, and we get 25, i'll get names and stateroom numbers which i give to Disney. In turn..they charge your stateroom show or no show.
What is Mixology? Sorry this is only our second cruise.

I'm a run/walker and this will be my first race since the NYC marathon last Nov so I will be taking it easy. You may very well be faster than me ;)

I haven't run Tinker Bell but I really enjoyed the DL half weekend in Sept.

What is Mixology? Sorry this is only our second cruise.
Mixology is a fun interactive session for adults where you go to one of the bars and the bartender instructs you on making multiple mixed drinks. Each person has their own set up and you do it yourself, then get to enjoy them! (muddled drinks, shaken drinks, stirred, etc..). It is really fun and most of the classes sell out very quickly. Last cruise we were shut out, but the ended up offering another that we were able to get in on.

I'm a run/walker and this will be my first race since the NYC marathon last Nov so I will be taking it easy. You may very well be faster than me ;)

So impressive just to qualify for the NYC marathon, let alone finish it. Congratulations!

Look forward to meeting you on the cruise!

My sister and I are doing the Tinkerbell in May as well! It's my favorite course.
Awesome! Glad we'll be able to meet in person before the Tink race! I'm doing the Galloway plan, so I guess I'll have some...(cough)...homework to do on the cruise!

Is there still a group for the Mixology? My husband and I would be interested, do we have any of the details available yet, to make sure it doesn't conflict with dinner reservations.

Awesome! Glad we'll be able to meet in person before the Tink race! I'm doing the Galloway plan, so I guess I'll have some...(cough)...homework to do on the cruise!

Galloway is my plan as well but I am doing the Star Wars Dark Side first which is mid April. I'm sure I will be ummm..... training yeah that's it on the ship. My sister is doing a full marathon at the end of April so she WILL be out there. I am a little ok a lot more lackadaisical then her.

Two things

Mixology...yes I'm still organizing a private one. We need 20-25 people and it's $20 per person

Pooh...for Tortula we did pachute...for the boat ride up.

We also are doing tree zip lining extreme but booked directly so my ds7 can ride tandem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter