Fantasy - March 26, 2016 Sailing

Maybe I'm forgetting something, but the only real "show" at dinner was the one in AP with the animated drawings. What other "shows" are being referred to here? And on the Fantasy 7 night, lobster was served for the Captains Gala evening...night 5 or so if I remember correctly??

AP has the crush show and the you draw something and it is up on the screen show. Crush is good not to miss. My niece (8) and nephew (10) really enjoy this.

Pirate night isn't really a show in the dining room but its neat to see the waiters dressed up as pirates and its a decent night. Although it is one of my least favorite meals.

Different direction, but you if you don't go to the earlier showing you may miss the show in the Walt Disney Theatre which looks like it would be Aladdin on your Remy night. Just something to plan especially if you have to feed the kids in advance since the show starts at 6:15 and your reservation is at 7:30.

Oh wait I just saw your Remy is at 7. So look at the theatre shows you would want to miss since it seems you won't be able to do both. The "shows" like wishes and believe were shown on the stateroom tvs but its not the same.

AP has the crush show and the you draw something and it is up on the screen show. Crush is good not to miss. My niece (8) and nephew (10) really enjoy this.

Pirate night isn't really a show in the dining room but its neat to see the waiters dressed up as pirates and its a decent night. Although it is one of my least favorite meals.

Different direction, but you if you don't go to the earlier showing you may miss the show in the Walt Disney Theatre which looks like it would be Aladdin on your Remy night. Just something to plan especially if you have to feed the kids in advance since the show starts at 6:15 and your reservation is at 7:30.

Where could I find the schedule for the shows?

Where could I find the schedule for the shows?

I was using the one posted on disneycruiselineblog.com for the December 19th cruise and also some historical ones. The 19th was a Christmas cruise but here are the shows And other info. It is straight from the disneycruiselineblog

Day 1 – December 19, 2015 – Port Canaveral
Attire: Cruise Casual | Show: A Fantasy Come True | Dinner Menu: Standard Rotational

Day 2 – December 20, 2015 – At Sea
Attire: Formal | Show: Disney’s Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular | Dinner Menu: Standard Rotational

Day 3 – December 21, 2015 – At Sea
Attire: Cruise Casual | Show: Disney Wishes | Dinner Menu: Standard Rotational

Day 4 – December 22, 2015 – Tortola
Personal Navigator – Day 4
Attire: Pirate or Cruise Casual | Show: Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens | Dinner Menu: Pirates

Day 5 – December 23, 2015 – St. Thomas (St. John)
Attire: Cruise Casual | Show: Buckets N Boards | Dinner Menu: Prince & Princess Dinner

Day 6 – December 24, 2015 – At Sea
Attire: Semi-Formal | Show: Disney’s Believe | Dinner Menu: Captain’s Gala Dinner

Day 7 – December 25, 2015 – Castaway Cay
Attire: Cruise Casual | Show: An Unforgettable Journey | Dinner Menu: Christmas Dinner

Note: the menu on last night of the cruise is typically till we meet again

I think a lot of us are waiting for recent cruisers to get back from our itinerary and supply some navigators

56 Days til we cruise...and that means 26 days to get more people to want to join in the Mixology course! $20 per person. I'm aiming to have it after lunch on Monday..day 3 of the cruise. but we need at least 20 people to do it. You won't regret. for $20 you get 4-5 great drinks! and it's fun and you have a chance to make the drinks! PM me

Mixology is a lot of fun! Those who have an interest should do it! We have done it a couple of times. This time we are looking at the chocolate offering

Awesome - thanks! I'm having a hard time keeping track of what you sign up for where... Port Adventures, Guest Services, one of the restaurants, etc. So much to learn...

I know what you mean. As it gets closer, I make my list and who is doing what. I saw a thread recently about what order repeat cruisers do stuff; however it seemed to vary

Sorry - I wasn't clear at all! We have Main Seating, but since it's our first cruise I wasn't able to book ANYTHING like Remy, excursions, etc until very late so didn't have many options for Remy.

7:30pm seems so late to finish dinner!! This might be a really stupid question, but is there a way to shorten that up?? Like if we just want a main course?? Does the "show" go all the way to 7:30?

Ah, I understand. I misread.

Perhaps you haven't heard much of how the meals work in the main dining halls. If you haven't requested (and gotten) your own table, you will likely be seated with others (I generally like that experience btw) and it takes a while for everyone to get their orders in. Everyone in the restaurant will be served their starters and appetizers before mains start showing up for everyone. Everyone in the restaurant basically on the same time table. Dessert afterwards. So there's not a simple way to speed things up, but I've never tried. You, of course, would be free to leave at any time and before desserts might be perfect timing for you.

However, all that is based on my experiences on the other boats - I've never been on the Fantasy. This trip will be my grand slam. The Magic and Wonder were somewhat quicker imho. The Dream slower. I timed drinks taking 45 minutes 2 different nights on the Dream. Let alone the rest of the meal. IIRC, most of the Dream nights were somewhat past 7:30.

Most of the "shows" are not really shows. Not that big of a deal to miss honestly. A PP was correct that the Crush thing in Animator's palate is probably the biggest. And, again, my experiences range because of the length of cruises and different boats, but there's pirate night, a carribbean conga line kind-of-thing where Minnie shows up, there's the one where the wait staff bring out their flags, formal (or semi?) night there's one where Cinderella shows up. Another with Beauty and the Beast. And so on. Nothing spectacular but often cute.

You certainly don't have to do dinner in the rotational restaurant if it's just for the kids. They'd probably enjoy the buffet or one of the many fast-er food places.

Well, today's the day I start getting officially excited. We're going to start gathering stuff up and refresh the packing lists today. :sail::laundy:

In case anyone starts thinking that I'm starting too early, it's simply that I travel a lot and work long hours. I need enough lead time I don't stress or forget something.

Was it mainly wines?

No, quite the range. I've done it twice and each time was different. Slightly preferred the first but I couldn't explain why. Some people have been put off by the range of alchohols but it's not a large amount of each. Wine, Champagne, Whisky, Port, Brandy, hmm.... lemme see if I can find a picture.

How many more do you need for the mixology? We did it last cruise and are looking forward to it again.

Ah, I understand. I misread.

Perhaps you haven't heard much of how the meals work in the main dining halls. If you haven't requested (and gotten) your own table, you will likely be seated with others (I generally like that experience btw) and it takes a while for everyone to get their orders in. Everyone in the restaurant will be served their starters and appetizers before mains start showing up for everyone. Everyone in the restaurant basically on the same time table. Dessert afterwards. So there's not a simple way to speed things up, but I've never tried. You, of course, would be free to leave at any time and before desserts might be perfect timing for you.

However, all that is based on my experiences on the other boats - I've never been on the Fantasy. This trip will be my grand slam. The Magic and Wonder were somewhat quicker imho. The Dream slower. I timed drinks taking 45 minutes 2 different nights on the Dream. Let alone the rest of the meal. IIRC, most of the Dream nights were somewhat past 7:30.

Most of the "shows" are not really shows. Not that big of a deal to miss honestly. A PP was correct that the Crush thing in Animator's palate is probably the biggest. And, again, my experiences range because of the length of cruises and different boats, but there's pirate night, a carribbean conga line kind-of-thing where Minnie shows up, there's the one where the wait staff bring out their flags, formal (or semi?) night there's one where Cinderella shows up. Another with Beauty and the Beast. And so on. Nothing spectacular but often cute.

You certainly don't have to do dinner in the rotational restaurant if it's just for the kids. They'd probably enjoy the buffet or one of the many fast-er food places.
REALLY helpful -- thanks!! This is ALL new to me, and although I've been reading up, I still feel like there's so much that I'm missing. I think my goal will be to CHILL and just enjoy our first cruise... not super easy for an ultra-planner!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter