• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasy - March 26, 2016 Sailing

So my family is paid in full now and I booked a Palo for some of us and a Remy. I was super excited because I was able to book a cabana as well. This cruise is a surprise for my sisters 40th birthday so I think this will be a nice addition but I am still conflicted on it.

Hope everyone else is doing well and there plans are coming along.

We're PIF now. Anxiously awaiting our chance at booking stuff on the 27th now. I think/hope everything else is good to go.

I think everyone can book on the 27th. This is just my 2nd cruise and that is our date.

Silver is the 27th. You get that after your first cruise. It's not everyone. First time cruisers are 5 days later I think.

I don't have any silvers in my group so that makes sense. I know my first timers cannot do it until January something. The golds December 12th and I was in November.

I'm going to the Wilderness lodge for 2 nights before the cruise. I'm excited. Never stayed there. But we're not planning on doing any of the main parks. Possibly a water park. We plan on enjoying the hotel instead.

I'm pondering trying to find a place to view the MK fireworks without being in the MK. Had been thinking of dinner at the Contemporary to get the balcony view but the time didn't quite work out so we'd likely have missed something. And it's very $$$. I know of a couple spots. We're hopefully meeting up with some past cruisers in Disney Springs (hard to think of it as Disney Springs. I prefer Downtown Disney) on Friday.

We'll be taking the cruise bus from the hotel. Anyone know when pickup/drop off for WL is?

I will be going to AKL the beginning of the week before the cruise for two nights and then transferring to the Residence inn for a couple of nights!

The Poly Beach is free and has great views! I have seen them from there a couple of times. If you can get in to Ohana that is pretty good viewing and last time I was there they piped in the music.

I have never taken the cruise bus from the hotel so I cannot help there. Sorry hopefully someone else can

My nephew is 10 and would probably enjoy making friends beforehand; however, he still doesn't know about the trip yet. As soon as he does, if its not too late I will let you know

Well I finally got stuff booked but wow was it taking forever and login in multiple times Now to weight for the final cabin to become of age Which isn't until January something Guess I should figure out that date before too long. Does anyone here no when first time cruisers booking window opens. I will Dcl told you in the booking screen

Does anyone know when the first time cruisers can book?

I finally got logged in last night for the golds

I can't wait for this cruise! I have my excursions booked..doing outside of Disney since my DS is 7 and some you have to be 8. We are doing Tortula Baths by catamaran and snorkeling. They sail you right up to the baths, so no walking. And then we are doing Ziplining on St. THomas. Very excited for that.

I want to remind folks about doing a mixology. We need to have 25 people to do a private one. Cost is $20 or $25 per person. and it's well worth it. and if we are all DISboarders..even better. shoot me PM if you are interested!

Getting (even more) excited and counting down the days until we can book our activities.

DH and I enjoyed Remy last time, so maybe we'll try to do a dinner reservation there. Is Pirate Night (Tuesday) the best night to book a reservation? We did that on our 4-day because the menus are all the same on that night and we didn't want to miss any of the the restaurant experiences.

Also, DS is 4, so he can't do many of the excursions offered. Ziplining sounds awesome but you have to be 5. Does anyone have any recommendations on a St. Thomas/St. John excursion for that age group? DD is 9, but we don't want to split up if we can help it.

Joel How did you book up the swim up Baths? DCL or private? I just don't remember the DCL one.

My family likes Pirate Night for the Ambiance. The kids really enjoy dressing up so we are doing Palo dinner on Monday and I think Remy on Thursday maybe? I would have to go check.

I have never requested a dining rotation but am thinking about it.

Karen - How about some beach time for the you all?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter