Fantasy - March 26, 2016 Sailing

We are on this cruise too!! Hoping someone starts a FE group. I will have my 2 DD's 27 & 10, maybe granddaughter too(?) we will see.

I'm cross posting from the Tortola trip reports thread. If anyone is interested in a tour/charter in Tortola, I received some information from Patouche on Virgin Gorda and if you PM me, we can start a group conversation with the details. Our family will definitely sign up with them since we have a 4yo and I think kids under 5 are not able to go on the Virgin Gorda excursion. Patouche arrives from the water, so it should be easier for my DS. The pricing isn't much different between booking their tour or booking a charter, but it might be more fun to have a whole boat of DCL cruisers. PM me if you're interested and if we have enough people, we can ask for a charter. Otherwise, maybe a few of us can be on the tour together.
My family is definitely interested in a private charter. There are 4 of us

OK....we need to get some activity going on this thread! I will go ahead and organize an FE group. Please keep in mind that while I have participated in one previously, this will be the first one that I organize. So please bear with me.

First off, who'd like to participate? I know some of you have indicated interest above, but please let me know again to confirm. Also, please let me know if you'd like to participate in a family exchange (with adults and kids )or kids only group or both. I'll cap families at ~20 ppl total and kids only at ~10 kids so that we don't have to worry about too many items.

Once we get started we'll move to our own thread so we don't have to bog down the others on this thread.

Thanks!
Karen

ETA: I started a new thread for the Fish Extender:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-fantasy-march-26-2016-fe-group.3443565/

Come on over if you're interested!

Last edited:
We are typically those people that cannot get it together to plan something for spring break (and then end up quite disappointed when spring break rolls around and we are stuck at home in the snow) but we managed to do a Wonder cruise out of Miami after a short stay in Ft. Lauderdale last spring break and just booked this cruise! My sons (8,11) and I have been on 2 cruises (Dream and Magic) while DH was away golfing and we have taken 2 Disney cruises as a whole family (Dream, Wonder). This will be our first time on the Fantasy and our first time not on a Bahamas cruise.
We would be interested in a private charter and any other ideas for excursions as we have never done any before (except for the paid experiences at CC) because we generally never get off the boat at Nassau!!
We are making a trip to US and WDW in Nov and just realized the planning we are going to need to do in a few short days at our FP+ 60day window (last time we were there it was the hybrid system) and so we can't quite think about the planning for this cruise yet!
We are also up for FE - the one we were involved in last year was split into groups such that you exchanged just with those in your group, so it wasn't overwhelming to prepare and pack the gifts.

so i just booked a couple excursions.outside Disney. Tortola i booked Patouche Charter to the Baths. Wasn't bad price and get boat ride to baths..so no climbing up and down. And we do it at 1pm so after all the other tour groups have left. Also had to book Tree Zipline direct with the comany, by DS is 7....and Disney cut off is 8. So should be fun on St. Thomas.

Now..i can't wait for a Rum tasting.

I was on a mixology group a couple cruises ago that was fun. But had to get 25 people to commit. DCL bills your stateroom too! So it was nice.

Getting excited about the cruise. It'll be myself, DH and DD 8. DD is excited about FE, beaches and midship detective agency. DH and I would love to participate in a group mixology class.

i'm willing to organize a mixology class for day 3...Monday day at sea....but we need 25 people..not 25 staterooms...PM me or comment here and i'll start getting information together. But once you commit, and we get 25, i'll get names and stateroom numbers which i give to Disney. In turn..they charge your stateroom show or no show.

DH and I will be in for a mixology class! Last cruise it was sold out when we boarded, but they opened another due to high demand and we got in on that one....so much fun!

Anyone care to share deck or room numbers so we can see if any of us are neighbors? We are staying in the same room we did a few years ago. Room 10554. I know deck 10 gets alot of negative posts if you search the boards, but we loved the proximity to everything and actually like the overhang on the balcony from above!

Last edited:
If anyone needs to book airfare, Southwest prices just dropped for spring break dates for the third time since I originally booked!

I talked to Disney cruise line guest services. I'm good to book the mixology. We have six people so far. Need 25-30 total
$20 per person
I'll need name and stateroom number
If I are gtd then I need confirmation number. They will charge stateroom automatically and will find out info 30 days out

My mom and I are considering the mixology but I cannot give a firm answer until next month. We have done it before and really want to do Martini before (which I have done but she hasn't). I will let you know

I talked to Disney cruise line guest services. I'm good to book the mixology. We have six people so far. Need 25-30 total
$20 per person
I'll need name and stateroom number
If I are gtd then I need confirmation number. They will charge stateroom automatically and will find out info 30 days out
I have 2 more people for the mixology class. Emily Giacomino and Henry Hackney both in cabin 9662

Hi Everyone,

We just booked this last week. First full family vacation since 2010 so we're looking forward to it. But most expensive vacation ever... :(

DW and I would be down for mixology - assuming you still have room. Joel, I'll PM you info.

Our group is me, DW, and DS (who will be 17 and wanted to get in one more kid's club).

Welcome to the Group GoofyNewfie! My DD and her friend cannot wait to check out Vibe...she was in Edge last cruise. Im sure they will meet your DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter