Fantasy - Mar 21, 2015 Eastern Caribbean (St Thomas)

Hey everyone! The original FE groups have been closed since the 21st of Feb. I can certainly start a fifth group if we have interest. Let me know! :)

We'lol be on this cruise with our 10 year old son and 15 year old daughter. Our son has never met a stranger and is so excited about the kids club. Our daughter is on the shy side. Does anyone know how the staff at the Edge is about getting reluctant kids involved?

The staff and the Edge and the Vibe are great. They see a different group of kids each week and are ready for all different types of personalities. Since your DD is 15 then she will be in the Vibe. I have a DD who is 13 and is also on the shy side. She is also almost 5'8" so people always think she is older. She has been on 14 Disney cruises and has honestly met so many different kids. Some experiences have been wonderful and others not so much. It really depends on the group of kids on board. The staff however are fantastic. The first night they do ice breakers which really help. The kids decide on the activities they want to do for the week. This is a great time for your daughter to get to know the staff and the other kids. She will find the staff that she will gravitate towards for the week. I know some threads create a "teen thread" for the kids to talk before the cruise. There does not seem to be much chatter on this thread. Honestly I have never seen a thread so quite before. If your daughter wants to chat before the cruise with my daughter just send me a PM and we can set that up.

hi Kelly, I saw you are interested in FE, so is my family I just joined the forum today and am trying to link up with a FE family. Have you gotten linked up yet?
Jell
We just booked this cruise (totally last minute, I know) and it's our first!! We are beyond excited and would like to participate in the FE group. I am traveling with an 8 year old girl and a 12 year old boy.
Can someone explain to me how it works? I make custom embroidered headbands that I am sure some little girls would love to have as little surprises.
Hi Tish,
We are starting a small group for last minute FE. Email me your info and I will forward it on to our group coordinator. My email is ljkdavid@gmail.com

Hi everyone,
Travelling solo with my 9.5yr old son. Anyone out there doing the same? First time or have you travelled single with child before? I'm a bit anxious and would love to hear from anyone in the same boat - no pun intended :)

Hi everyone,
Travelling solo with my 9.5yr old son. Anyone out there doing the same? First time or have you travelled single with child before? I'm a bit anxious and would love to hear from anyone in the same boat - no pun intended :)

I took my younger daughter solo once on a different cruise line. We really had a great time. DCL will have times in the navigators for different meet ups for solo travelers. They usually start with a lunch and then other fun activities. I suggest going to one of the first events because it will be a great way to meet other solo parents on board. You will probably be seated with a similar family make up too. You two will have an awesome time. The kids activities usually coincide nicely with adult activities so you can both have fun things to do separately and then also enjoy time together.

What is everyone thinking about for ship-board activates and shore excursions.
For a ship-board activity, we were thinking of having one adult only dinner.
For shore excursions we were thinking of….
At Cast-Away Key - Parasailing (although I may get cold feet and back out of that one)
San Juan - The Fortress Segway tour.
St. Thomas - Doing a beach on our own (Maybe Sapphire beach, or another beach nearby)

What is everyone thinking about for ship-board activates and shore excursions.
For a ship-board activity, we were thinking of having one adult only dinner.
For shore excursions we were thinking of….
At Cast-Away Key - Parasailing (although I may get cold feet and back out of that one)
San Juan - The Fortress Segway tour.
St. Thomas - Doing a beach on our own (Maybe Sapphire beach, or another beach nearby)

Onboard Palo Brunch and Dinner....we LOVE LOVE LOVE Palo and never miss it!
BBB Royal Sea Package for DD
Castaway - Parasailing
San Juan - Fort on our own...was going to do parasailing there but decided Castaway instead bc our daughters want to get pics of the ship from above!
St. Thomas - Beach on our own bc dd's want to use their mermaid tails in the ocean and DCL won't let them at CC.

12 DAYS!!!!! :jumping1:

Does anyone here have stateroom #7108 by any chance? Would love to trade for stateroom in same category!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter