Fantasy January 23, 2016- STAR WARS

This is our first time doing the Western Carribean cruise. We did Eastern 6+ years ago and Dm&F did Alaska 3 years ago. So I don't have any don't miss for this cruise yet. We did parasail at CC and really enjoyed that, and I'm determined to do the 5k this time.

I think there's a few of us doing Universal pre cruise. We should see who's going what day and have a pre-cruise meet!

I'm back from a DREAM cruise on which I was actively gathering "stuff" for my FE group. Now doing laundry so I will be prepared for my next DREAM cruise Aug 24th, I think. It is the DVC member cruise. A heads up, I was assigned to a veranda cabin, the kind with a split bath. This arrangement is very inconvenient for a single cruiser and cuts into the available floor space of the living area. I don't tolerate hot well so the veranda was a waste. This was a guaranteed veranda without my input about which category so the savings brought it down to about an outside without veranda. I was worried that cabin 7652 being aft would translate too more motion but it didn't. Very smooth and a very good location to get to everywhere. My cabin steward was great and when I complimented him on his towel sculptures he spent some time making up a bunch for me to see. The final night he used the blanket thingy at the foot of the bed to make a GIGANTIC octopus. When I figger out how to get the pictures from my phone onto the computer I'll post.

Last edited:
I'm back from a DREAM cruise on which I was actively gathering "stuff" for my FE group. Now doing laundry so I will be prepared for my next DREAM cruise Aug 28th, I think. It is the DVC member cruise. A heads up, I was assigned to a veranda cabin, the kind with a split bath. This arrangement is very inconvenient for a single cruiser and cuts into the available floor space of the living area. I don't tolerate hot well so the veranda was a waste. This was a guaranteed veranda without my input so the savings brought it down to about outside without veranda. I was worried that cabin 7652 being aft would translate too more motion but it didn't. Very smooth and a very good location to get to everywhere. My cabin steward was great and when I complimented him on his towel sculptures he spent some time making up a bunch for me to see. The final nigh he used the blanket thingy at the foot of the bed to make a GIGANTIC octopus. When I figger out how to get the pictures from my phone onto the computer I'll post.

Sounds like a great trip. We have an aft veranda in January and I'm a little worried about the motion so I'm glad to hear it didn't make much of a difference. DH and I have cruised several times before so I know we won't get seasick but I don't know how our little guy will do. Hopefully he doesn't have any issues.

I'm gearing up for our upcoming trip to DL in 38 days. I swear DH and I have been talking about this trip for the past 2 years. The last time we went was in 2012 right after they opened Carsland. I miss it so much. The 3 years we lived in CA we spent at least one weekend a month at DL.

Sounds like a great trip. We have an aft veranda in January and I'm a little worried about the motion so I'm glad to hear it didn't make much of a difference. DH and I have cruised several times before so I know we won't get seasick but I don't know how our little guy will do. Hopefully he doesn't have any issues.

We have an aft, too! What floor are you on? This is our 3rd Disney cruise and our 3rd aft balcony. Last time, we had a guarantee and ended up in a huge corner aft (an accessible cabin, but it wasn't apparently needed) but we went for a regular assigned room this time!

++++

This is our... third? Western Caribbean cruise. I guess what you want to sign up for depends on what you want to do. There will be everything from beach trips to Mayan ruin excursions to zip lining to shopping/dining! I know for Grand Cayman, we all want to do the sting ray excursion but I have no idea what to do in Cozumel... especially since Castaway Cay will be our lovely beach day!

hi all,
don't know if i missed this, but does DCL have a drink package? of the adult variety, that is.

hi all,
don't know if i missed this, but does DCL have a drink package? of the adult variety, that is.
Not like on othe cruise lines. There should be a martini passport at Skyline, you can get the DCL beer mug for $15 with 22oz refills at the price of the 16, there's the "drink of the day" that's discounted, and there are poolside happy hours usually (ask the servers about this, it's not always advertised) where certain drinks are 2 for 1 or similar. Plus the wine packages offer up to 30% off your wine, and there's the very generous BYO Disney policy you don't see on other lines.

Source: much googling

Not like on othe cruise lines. There should be a martini passport at Skyline, you can get the DCL beer mug for $15 with 22oz refills at the price of the 16, there's the "drink of the day" that's discounted, and there are poolside happy hours usually (ask the servers about this, it's not always advertised) where certain drinks are 2 for 1 or similar. Plus the wine packages offer up to 30% off your wine, and there's the very generous BYO Disney policy you don't see on other lines.

Source: much googling

thanks. that's kinda what i figured. i don't usually drink, but i like to be able to try different things if they look/sound interesting. i'm fine with paying as i go, i'm just less likely to experiment. maybe i'll stick with my usual...a virgin miami vice.

thanks. that's kinda what i figured. i don't usually drink, but i like to be able to try different things if they look/sound interesting. i'm fine with paying as i go, i'm just less likely to experiment. maybe i'll stick with my usual...a virgin miami vice.

But, unlike other cruise lines, soda from machines by the pool/at dinner is free (from the bars, there is a cost).

But, unlike other cruise lines, soda from machines by the pool/at dinner is free (from the bars, there is a cost).
Yes, this is true and an advantage I think. Do I really NEED coke from a can? Since the answer is something about Leia only drinks 0 calorie soda (unless it's a coke icee...), nope. If I'm going to spend money on a drink full of calories, there had better be alcohol in it!

I have booked our flights already ($170 rt / pp). We fly into Orlando on Wednesday morning. It's been a little hard planning what to do. I've been chasing my ex for a travel consent since we booked in November and she keeps refusing saying the kids can't miss school even though she has allowed it for the past 3 years.

I have since filed a court application asking for a court order since our existing court order states she is not to unreasonably withhold consent. So if the court says no then my 2 kids and dad won't be coming and we'll have to figure something out as there are currently 8 of us in two rooms (With my fiance YvyP & her three daughters). She has until September 2nd to respond. I'm hoping I have an answer from the courts before final payment but getting in front of judge can take months.

The plan currently is to spend some time in Orlando and maybe go to Universal. I don't want to make any non refundable payments such as hotels etc. until I know exactly how many of us are going.

I have booked our flights already ($170 rt / pp). We fly into Orlando on Wednesday morning. It's been a little hard planning what to do. I've been chasing my ex for a travel consent since we booked in November and she keeps refusing saying the kids can't miss school even though she has allowed it for the past 3 years.

I have since filed a court application asking for a court order since our existing court order states she is not to unreasonably withhold consent. So if the court says no then my 2 kids and dad won't be coming and we'll have to figure something out as there are currently 8 of us in two rooms (With my fiance YvyP & her three daughters). She has until September 2nd to respond. I'm hoping I have an answer from the courts before final payment but getting in front of judge can take months.

The plan currently is to spend some time in Orlando and maybe go to Universal. I don't want to make any non refundable payments such as hotels etc. until I know exactly how many of us are going.
That really sucks, I can't imagine how hard that is. I hope it works out and you can all go enjoy a great trip like you planned.

Hey everybody! Hoping to join the FE group! I will be cruising with my husband, son and mother in law. We currently live in West Lafayette, IN and look forward to the idea of escaping the winter!

Man. I am disappointed in DCL's updated alcohol policy. We don't drink much OR heavily but we don't drink wine or most beers - mostly hard ciders, which don't come in 12oz cans. Bah.

Man. I am disappointed in DCL's updated alcohol policy. We don't drink much OR heavily but we don't drink wine or most beers - mostly hard ciders, which don't come in 12oz cans. Bah.
I know. I was really looking forward to brining some stuff on board to keep our bar tab down. I was also considering little bottles of liquor as an FE gift. Guess that's out the window now. I can't say I'm really surprised by the change, just wish they would have held off until after our cruise.

Here is what the ladies are talking about. I needed proof cus I didn't like this thought either.

Effective for cruises embarking on or after September 30, 2015, Disney Cruise Line Guests 21 years and older may bring a maximum of 2 bottles of unopened wine or champagne (no larger than 750 ml) or 6 beers (no larger than 12 ounces) on board at the beginning of the voyage and at each port-of-call.

Guests wishing to consume wine or champagne that they have brought on board in one of the dining rooms will be charged a corking fee of $25.00 per bottle. Please note:

• These beverages must be packed in carry-on (not checked) bags or luggage.
  • Any alcohol packed in checked luggage will be removed and stored until the end of the cruise.
  • Any wine or champagne in excess of 2 bottles or beer in excess of 6 beers will be stored until the end of the cruise.
  • Bringing liquors and spirits (including powdered alcohol) on board is prohibited. These items will be stored until the end of the cruise.
  • Guest MUST retrieve any stored alcohol at the end of the cruise. Items not retrieved will be destroyed, and no compensation will be offered.
  • Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.
Please note that the Disney Cruise Line alcohol policy is subject to change without notice.

So...not that I'm normally a rule breaker, but I'm wondering, do they do security checks on your carry-on? And if so, I think it's time to invest in some alcohol concealing items. Pretty sure we were only planning on bringing on the hard stuff, and not more than a bottle each.

It does go to show that if people abuse Disney's generosity, they're not above coming down hard in response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter