Fantasy January 23, 2016- STAR WARS

Nothing to do with generosity and everything to do with $money$ really.

I think, by January, they'll have security looking out for how much alcohol people have on them, so it's likely they'd catch people.

Generosity applies in both meanings here. Their policy was more liberal than other cruise lines, and it probably subtracted from their profits, thus both generous in spirit and monetarily.

I don't see anything about beer needing to be in cans, and most hard ciders come in 12oz. 6 packs. Personally, I consider hard cider and beer in the same category (cider often has a lower abv than beer anyway), and I think there's a good chance they'd allow it. I think I'd call DCL and check first.

Big bummer on no mini bottles in the FEs though, we were looking forward to/hoping for some.

The bummer is that my cider is somewhere between beer bottle and wine size. For example, I was thinking about swinging by a Total Wine for this: http://www.totalwine.com/eng/product/jks-scrumpy-hard-cider/36253226 - and it's 22 ounches

The policy actually reads:
ALCOHOL POLICY
Effective for cruises embarking on or after September 30, 2015, each Guest 21 years and older may bring two bottles of unopened wine or champagne (no larger than 750ml) or six beers (no larger than 12oz) onboard in carry-on luggage at the beginning of the voyage and at each port-of-call. All wine/champagne and beer brought onboard must be packed in the Guest's carry-on luggage. Any alcohol packed in checked luggage will be removed and stored until the completion of the cruise. Guests are not allowed to bring liquors or spirits (including powdered alcohol) onboard.

From here: http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/terms-and-conditions/?country=us

Definitely a no go. :(

We are Bonnie & Wayne from Carson City, NV. This will be our 26th cruise, mostly on Princess and our 2nd on Disney. We will be traveling with our daughter, son in law and 2 grandsons. On disembarkment day we are driving a rental car to FLL and boarding the Coral Princess for another Western Caribbean cruise.

I have a question for Disney regulars. We have a guarantee Cat 05E (big stern verandah) cabin. How soon (or late) does Disney usually assign cabins? Princess has been known to sometimes wait as late as embarkation day. We would prefer to stay in the 05E category. Since this is in guarantee, our TA says cannot be marked do not upgrade.

Wayne

My signature is terribly out of date. Seems I need 10 posts to be able to change it. This makes 4.

Hi everybody. This will be our family's second Disney cruise, but our first time on the Fantasy. Stumbled upon the FE idea and loved it. Sorry we missed out the first time, but excited to add a little more magic the second time. There will be 4 of us: me (40- just one reason to celebrate on the cruise!), my husband (46), Kaitlynne (12), and Ali (8). Hoping to be added to one of the groups.

Hi everybody. This will be our family's second Disney cruise, but our first time on the Fantasy. Stumbled upon the FE idea and loved it. Sorry we missed out the first time, but excited to add a little more magic the second time. There will be 4 of us: me (40- just one reason to celebrate on the cruise!), my husband (46), Kaitlynne (12), and Ali (8). Hoping to be added to one of the groups.

Welcome kccowart. To be added to one of the FE groups you will need to send a PM with your cabin number, everyone's names, and he ages of the kids at the time of sailing. Keep in mind that you need to have 10 posts before you can send a PM

Hi!
Me and my husband are very much looking forward to our first cruise ever, and much more so since it's a Disney cruise! :tink:
(Well actually, I'm looking forward to it for the both of us - he has no idea yet! :ssst: )
We will be celebrating the 10-year anniversary of our honeymoon, which was also our first Disneyworld experience together. Obviously we've stuck with it since... We will be doing a triple-Disney this time, with one week on-site but out of park, one week DCL, and last week on-site and in-parks. Yey! (Not really nearby; flying in from Sweden so we're making the most of our time in the US) :teeth:
We don't drink alcohol, so probably won't be joining you in the barcrawls, but still hoping to have a really good time onboard! :thumbsup2

Roll call: Just me - Anna - and DH Jonas. (Sending PM about joining in on the FE)

Hi!
Me and my husband are very much looking forward to our first cruise ever, and much more so since it's a Disney cruise! :tink:
(Well actually, I'm looking forward to it for the both of us - he has no idea yet! :ssst: )
We will be celebrating the 10-year anniversary of our honeymoon, which was also our first Disneyworld experience together. Obviously we've stuck with it since... We will be doing a triple-Disney this time, with one week on-site but out of park, one week DCL, and last week on-site and in-parks. Yey! (Not really nearby; flying in from Sweden so we're making the most of our time in the US) :teeth:
We don't drink alcohol, so probably won't be joining you in the barcrawls, but still hoping to have a really good time onboard! :thumbsup2

Roll call: Just me - Anna - and DH Jonas. (Sending PM about joining in on the FE)
Welcome. Disney was our first cruise, and as far as I'm concerned, the only cruise line we'll ever use.

Hey everybody, My wife and I are going in our first cruise on Disney Fantasy for the date posted on the thread, and we're interested in being part of your fish extender group! Being our first cruise, any tips will be greatly appreciated. :earsgirl::earsboy:
Welcome! This will be our second Disney cruise. My only advice would be to bring your own cups for drinks. The cups they provide are so small and we ended up making several trips at a time.

Just curious, anybody have suggestions for excursions (what is a MUST, and what to avoid)?

I've been wondering the same thing! We've narrowed it down to one we like in Cozumel, but not Grand Cayman. Hoping to see what others have to say :)

This is our first time doing the Western Carribean cruise. We did Eastern 6+ years ago and Dm&F did Alaska 3 years ago. So I don't have any don't miss for this cruise yet. We did parasail at CC and really enjoyed that, and I'm determined to do the 5k this time.

I think there's a few of us doing Universal pre cruise. We should see who's going what day and have a pre-cruise meet!
My husband and I (along with whatever kiddos decide to join us) are wanting to do the CC 5K as well! Are you doing Universal on Friday?

My husband and I (along with whatever kiddos decide to join us) are wanting to do the CC 5K as well! Are you doing Universal on Friday?
It looks like that's the plan. I'm not used to doing parks in big groups very often any more, but we will be 6 for the day with Mike and me and both sets of parents.

I've been wondering the same thing! We've narrowed it down to one we like in Cozumel, but not Grand Cayman. Hoping to see what others have to say :)

The Stingray expedition is hands down the most popular. We didn't do it last time but my husband has decided That It Is Time, this time. :)

Stingray City in Grand Cayman is a must!! We did it last year and was one of our top moments of our cruise. We did the Circle Island with Stingray City tour, so we got a little of everything, the Turtle Farm, Hell and then the stingrays. We are planning on doing it again with this cruise, but we're hoping to combine it with the dolphin swim this time.

Welcome. Disney was our first cruise, and as far as I'm concerned, the only cruise line we'll ever use.
Agreed. I've never sailed with anyone but Disney, and never intend to. It may be more expensive (up front, at least) but totally worth it.

Stingray City in Grand Cayman is a must!! We did it last year and was one of our top moments of our cruise. We did the Circle Island with Stingray City tour, so we got a little of everything, the Turtle Farm, Hell and then the stingrays. We are planning on doing it again with this cruise, but we're hoping to combine it with the dolphin swim this time.
Great suggestion. My oldest would LOVE it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter