Fantasy February 16, 2013 - 7 Night Western Cruise Meet

silmarg said:
We have an intermediate SUV (Ford Escape or similar) for $50 ($64.94 w all the fees tacked on) from Budget using offer code: BCD Y937800

We are doing Alamo on the return trip. Port to WDW Car Care Center. $55.99 ($59.18 incl taxes) for an intermediate car. I cant find the offer code I used there.

What's the port location for budget?

We are trying to decide when to arrive at PC. Check in starts at eleven can't get on ship till one. According to Google maps about an hour or little more from WDW resort to PC. We will be doing preboard checkin. Can some one please give some insight into how long does checkin take, are you better off waiting till about noon for checkin depending on crowds and if their are things to do while you wait to board if you get there early.

We are trying to decide when to arrive at PC. Check in starts at eleven can't get on ship till one. According to Google maps about an hour or little more from WDW resort to PC. We will be doing preboard checkin. Can some one please give some insight into how long does checkin take, are you better off waiting till about noon for checkin depending on crowds and if their are things to do while you wait to board if you get there early.

Check in is very fast.

What takes time is they announce every family and take their pictures.

Really not much to do before hand.

I think Mickey and Minnie make a appearance before with pic opportunity.

What takes time is they announce every family and take their pictures.

Last year I noticed that if you go far right and dodge behind a sign there is actually a path where you can skip the family photo lines. I plan to look for that next time as we honestly don't want the photo anyway, and for all the speed of boarding that part (although actually very quick) was a bit of a bottleneck.

Last year I noticed that if you go far right and dodge behind a sign there is actually a path where you can skip the family photo lines. I plan to look for that next time as we honestly don't want the photo anyway, and for all the speed of boarding that part (although actually very quick) was a bit of a bottleneck.

I believe that is the photo they use for their face recognition software. If you skip that photo, they may not properly tag your photos to your stateroom. Now, if you don't plan on buying those photos, no worries. But, be warned, I wasn't planning on buying them either, but I did spring for a few after I saw how great my kids were smiling in them. ;)

I believe that is the photo they use for their face recognition software. If you skip that photo, they may not properly tag your photos to your stateroom. Now, if you don't plan on buying those photos, no worries. But, be warned, I wasn't planning on buying them either, but I did spring for a few after I saw how great my kids were smiling in them. ;)

I could be wrong but I think the individual facial recognition photo is taken at the check-in desk. The family photo I'm planning to skip is just before the gangway to the ship. When I was trapped in the line I saw others in the know using the shortcut.

I could be wrong but I think the individual facial recognition photo is taken at the check-in desk. The family photo I'm planning to skip is just before the gangway to the ship. When I was trapped in the line I saw others in the know using the shortcut.

I know when the Dream first went online it was definitely the family photo, not the security photo they used for facial recognition. There were people complaining about that very thing. They didn't want to wait in line when they could skip it, but were forced to wait for their family photo so they could be tagged in the system. They were ticked that they weren't using the security photo. It could have changed since then though.

Well I took forum advice again called budget and saved $112.00 yay only $62 with budget. I want to get to the port as soon as possible.

I know when the Dream first went online it was definitely the family photo, not the security photo they used for facial recognition. There were people complaining about that very thing. They didn't want to wait in line when they could skip it, but were forced to wait for their family photo so they could be tagged in the system. They were ticked that they weren't using the security photo. It could have changed since then though.

Oh no! I always bypass the family picture line. It usually moves pretty slowly and I can't see waiting for something I know I won't purchase if I don't have to.

Now I'm getting worried...we are staying at the Poly the night before, and booked ME for our family of 3 and my cousin's family of 4...wondering if we should do something else??? I knew pick up was between 11-1...didn't think it would be a big deal until I read the last few posts...should we try one of the limo services? :confused3 Renting a car would be pretty impossible for 7 of us with luggage...

erinsmom03 said:
Now I'm getting worried...we are staying at the Poly the night before, and booked ME for our family of 3 and my cousin's family of 4...wondering if we should do something else??? I knew pick up was between 11-1...didn't think it would be a big deal until I read the last few posts...should we try one of the limo services? :confused3 Renting a car would be pretty impossible for 7 of us with luggage...

It all depends on what time you want to get to the port. Being a first time cruiser I want to get there when they start letting us board at one so I have enough time to explore things and not feel rushed. The problem is 11-1 as a pick up window is too broad for me and it takes a little more then an hour to port. if they said they would pick me up at 11 and head right to port then that would be fine but they can't so I am controlling my own destiny with a rental car. It was going to cost 70 for us to use ME I got a car through Budget for 58. A couple of us used a discount code provided by someone on this thread and got great prices. It was a BCD code that I used on line Y937800. It's 35 a person one way to port to use ME. 7 x 35=245. Check online or call and compare prices. We are staying at SSR the night before we are renting the car from the airport then dropping it off at Cape Canaveral 2 miles from port and they have shuttle service. I found Budget with the discount code to be the best. Be careful thrifty and dollar will charge extra for one way drop off. Don't worry I'm sure the boat won't leave without you if you use ME. But what time o you want to be there.

silmarg said:
You're welcome!

Just dont take my low mileage SUV (I hate renting a car that has more mileage then the car I drive at home).

Lol, it's not the miles that bother me, it's the lack of amenities and horsepower. Life's too short to drive slow cars.

Can't wait till Monday night to give the kids a wrapped gift with "boarding passes" and telling them that they are going on a cruise we have kept this secret for so long. I'll post the video on the fb page for the cruise. Can't wait to have the kids help to put together the FE gift bags.

DizJohn said:
Can't wait till Monday night to give the kids a wrapped gift with "boarding passes" and telling them that they are going on a cruise we have kept this secret for so long. I'll post the video on the fb page for the cruise. Can't wait to have the kids help to put together the FE gift bags.

That's great!!!! I'll be watching as we are surprising our kids as well!!!

How exciting! I look forward to seeing the video. We're waiting until the day we leave. He's driving us crazy with the excitement of Christmas, I couldn't take another 2 months of this :hyper::hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter